1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Official Temple of Jawnz Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by impolyt_one, Sep 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

^who the fuck wears leather pants besides pro wrestlers and mid-western swingers? you redefine bad judgement and taste.
    ___________________________________/
    [​IMG]

2. thekunk07

thekunk07 Well-Known Member

still trumps mom hair, floral prints and leather pants, homie.

3. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Well-Known Member

Ok, leathers are selling well and I have put in one production order thus far. I am now collecting orders for a second production run which I might put in on Monday or Tuesday. I estimate them to take about a week for production, and as always, my speedy 3-4 day delivery worldwide, so all in all, still an approximate 2 week program as always. Color choices are still black lamb and calf, and brown. I have decided to drop the cheap YKK option and only go with the upgrade sets on the black jackets to make the Moto and Double Rider's 495 shipped, each (Bomber still 475) and if you're really hard up on the $20 then we can make the standard $475 Moto and Double Rider's still, and I will continue that deal until I get the other colors sorted out. As I said before, I will probably raise the price once I've had some experience with costing these and shipping them as I don't know what kind of shipping I will be paying yet, etc, but as they weigh between 1-3kg, that's a lot of different shipping brackets. For now though, the price is the same. I might have to levy the following surcharges, starting now though: XL sizes and above: add $10-15 to partially compensate for extra leather (an XS and XL+ might be 2+ hides apart) Moto cowhide (as shown on the Double Rider's): add $10 for shipping surcharge, the extra 1kg+ is two brackets up for shipping I was a little short on time today and took my colored leather swatch book with me, but zippers are gonna be a continued search. I found some red leathers that might do that trick though, so I will grab snips of them and photo tomorrow hopefully. As for what is to come next; I am probably good on leather jackets with the 3 styles, and i am planning on getting a small run of bags and some accessories out very soon. They obviously won't be MTM so they will be ready to order once I put them up and they'll be with you quickly. I'm kinda late on the back to school thing but I am so happy with my leather production and construction quality that I am gonna seize the moment and get some great leather bags out for what I think to be fair prices. Similar (or the same, if you want the bag to match the TOJ leather jacket) thick leathers, same hardware, etc. I will make provisions for laptop carriage in these, and they won't look like 'laptop bags' in the least bit. Then from there, the winter clothes will start popping up....

4. NorCal

NorCal Well-Known Member

^who the fuck wears leather pants besides pro wrestlers and mid-western swingers? you redefine bad judgement and taste.
    nvm

5. impolyt_one

For the record, I am probably the only person in this thread who can pull off leather pants, and it still wouldn't be a good look for me. Can we stop talking about this? I am getting a lot of images here.

6. onion

onion Well-Known Member

still trumps mom hair, floral prints and leather pants, homie.
    What pants are those (in the pic uncontrol posted)?

7. thekunk07

thekunk07 Well-Known Member

drop crotch raf simons from s/s 08

8. Adam24

Adam24 Well-Known Member

As for what is to come next; I am probably good on leather jackets with the 3 styles, and i am planning on getting a small run of bags and some accessories out very soon. They obviously won't be MTM so they will be ready to order once I put them up and they'll be with you quickly. I'm kinda late on the back to school thing but I am so happy with my leather production and construction quality that I am gonna seize the moment and get some great leather bags out for what I think to be fair prices.

Any chance you can make leather wallets using those coloured lambskin leathers?

9. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

For the record, I am probably the only person in this thread who can pull off leather pants, and it still wouldn't be a good look for me. Can we stop talking about this? I am getting a lot of images here.

sorry bro i actually own leather pants, but i was kidding with the comment

10. impolyt_one

maaaaybe, depends on whether is requires a zipper, etc.
    I am REALLY picky about wallets as they're so small and I feel they need to exhibit like microscopic cleanliness and perfection, and that might be a whole new can of worms. My leather jackets have really detailed, fine stitching on the zipper pockets and stuff so I'm confident a bag will come out beautifully, but when I think of wallets, I've had a green LV Taiga billfold, a red Paul Smith ripoff taiga leather billfold, and the Dior Homme black tie billfod, and each has been crafted masterfully, and I'd feel embarassed to put out something lower in quality than those, mainly because I want to be able to wear and use everything I make, too.
    So we'll see on those, but I am likely to reject a lot of samples...

11. brimley

brimley Well-Known Member

If you're still working on bag designs, this is one of the nicest I've seen in a while. Not sure if it translates to washed lamb, but...

12. impolyt_one

edit that link homie, I want to see it

13. ahjota

ahjota Well-Known Member

14. denning

denning Well-Known Member

If you take requests for bag design, I'd still love to get a M+ style bag like this:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Kent Money

Kent Money Well-Known Member

is it possible to choose colors on the knits at the hem and cuffs of the bomber?

I like a little contrast there.

16. impolyt_one

yeah, that would definitely be possible, I was thinking about putting a more russet colored trim on the brown bomber sample but decided against, but for orders, I have a rainbow of colors.

denning: I'm not into the idea of copying trademark designs; generic classics are ok to steez out andmake into a TOJ piece, but TOJ is not BlackScissors, don't get us wrong.

17. bdr3

bdr3 Well-Known Member

Can you do any pre-distressing? I am thinking something like this Cdiem:
    [​IMG]

Also, can you do custom colors for the lining?

18. ppllzz

ppllzz Well-Known Member

any chance for shearling?

19. impolyt_one

no, I really dislike pre-distressed stuff because it looks, well, pre-distressed. I have handwashed lamb that has qualities of distressing, without the outright deterioration of the leather itself, and lamb breaks in a lot faster than calf. You can get noticeable arm creasing in lamb within a day or two. If you study my fit pics, all the jackets have taken on very mild creasing in the arms in the 5 minutes I have worn them around.

Cowhide takes something 5-10 years before it starts looking incredible, but it is worth it. Maybe two years of intense wearing would show results too, but the reason I hate predistress (like the C Diem above) is that just like faux whiskers on jeans, there is no dimension or personality, and it's too washed out and deteriorated. An honestly broken-in leather jacket will have great creasing in the arms and back (from sitting down) soft creasing around the collar bone, some creasing up the side seams as well, plus, there will be the nice contrast between the matte of the leather and the shine on high points like seam puckers and the calandering effect you get on rolled edges, cuffs, the sides and back (where it follows your body contours) and around high-use areas. Just say no to pre-distressed leathers.

20. impolyt_one

any chance for shearling?

I don't want to make a shearling piece, but I offer shearling on the collar of the Bomber if so desired. I'm going back and re-doing the brown with a brown shearling collar to demonstrate this at the moment, actually.

Shearling is super expensive btw, maybe double that of my lambskins, which are already really expensive for non-exotic skins.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.