1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

**The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.**

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr. Moo, Feb 28, 2011.

1. vim147

vim147 Member

Also do i go for flat or round wax laces ? any good stockists to buy them from in UK.

2. Satmoche

Satmoche Well-Known Member

I know that Justin Fitzpatrick - the Shoe Snob - sells flat ones, I have not tested myself so I could not comment on the quality.

3. EnglishShoes

EnglishShoes Well-Known Member

Look at what you already have on the shoes. Church's tend to have flat waxed laces. Crockett & Jones tend to use round laces.

I just bought a batch of flat and round laces from A Fine Pair of Shoes in the UK and they are a very good match for the originals. Very pleased with my purchase.

Take a lace of your current shoe and measure the length before ordering the right one.

1 person likes this.
  4. mreams99

mreams99 Well-Known Member

IMG_0229.JPG I've got an older pair of cordovan shoes (Allen Edmonds MacNeil) that are in great shape. I thought that I should clean them up a little, using a damp cloth (water) at first. There were still some darker blotches of polish, so I went over them again using a little rubbing alcohol on the water-dampened cloth. That helped get rid of most dark blotches of polish. One shoe is darker than the other now. These are burgundy (color #8).

I had planned to use a little VSC, but I'm wondering if I should apply some of the Allen Edmonds cordovan cream (in burgundy) first, to help even out the color. Any suggestions?

stephenaf2003 likes this.