1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

**The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.**

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr. Moo, Feb 28, 2011.

1. DWFII

DWFII Well-Known Member

I don't know who he is/was. But isn't this doing the same thing you complained about when you righteously (and rightfully) said:

"It served absolutely no constructive purpose other than as a personal attack ..."

And

"No member deserves that sort of treatment and it should not be tolerated."

??

And this has been going on for some time, hasn't it?

Seems to me what we have here is a white chicken with a drop of red paint on its feathers.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  2. PCK1

PCK1 Well-Known Member

It was a reference to Copeland getting in trouble for his flagrant activities...which is what should happen now to Traverscao. So to answer your question...no it is not.

3. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Well-Known Member

I don't remember Copeland ever getting flagrant. Actually, quite the opposite. He would stay bizarrely polite and mild-mannered. It just seemed like regardless what you said to him would go in one ear and out the other. It was very autistic.

1 person likes this.
  4. traverscao

traverscao Well-Known Member

I already stated myself very clearly. If this is too offensive, I would wish to be completely banned. I can care less. He instigated it, I finish it. No hard feelings anymore when I can shit everything out.

@PCK1 , I know we've had hard times from one to another, but if you insist on calling me David Copeland, I'd seriously suggest you make a comparison whenever time is available. Try clear your mind as much as possible and find distinguishable points between me and him.

Pat, I'm always the mentally unstable oddball, was I not?

http://nomanwalksalone.tumblr.com/post/122282765206/how-leather-is-made-and-why-it-is-important-by - ditto the article.

5. DWFII

DWFII Well-Known Member

Well, and I said I didn't want to get into the middle of this...and I don't...but I've watched people here peck away at travers for months now. Frankly, I don't know how you can call it anything but "bullying," esp. when it's mocking and beside the point of the discussion.

I don't think it's going too much out on a limb to wonder if some of what happened wasn't precipitated by that constant sniping.

And that said, and FWIW, I don't excuse it....any of it.

But even if we don't want to admit it, we're all capable of it.

6. chogall

chogall Well-Known Member

Behaviors instigated by passive aggressive trolling is not bullying.

7. DWFII

DWFII Well-Known Member

Is that Official StyleForum policy?

And who defines what is "passive aggressive trolling?"

It's always easier to blame someone else for rude behaviour.

"And the first rude sketch that the world had seen was joy to his mighty heart,
    Till the Devil whispered behind the leaves..."

But then who's to blame for the listening?

1 person likes this.
  8. patrickBOOTH

I love bullying. It is good for the humility and builds thick skin. We need more bullies.

3 people like this.
  9. traverscao

Unfortunately, it gives the basis for a society full of mentally unstable individuals, promotes the use of illegal drugs, suicide, and eventually leads to the downfall of the society. Thick armor that shields the rotten corpse beneath it is something incomprehensible.

10. patrickBOOTH

I love illegal drugs. I think they should be made legal.

11. DWFII

DWFII Well-Known Member

And yet, it remains eternally graceless and unseemly.

1 person likes this.
  12. traverscao

Goddamnit Pat, you oughtta live in WA! They legalized pot and weeds! They opened shops all over the street where I live.

13. Munky

Munky Well-Known Member

Right. Can we all take a few deep breaths, step back a bit and perhaps not inflame the situation any further. There is surely room for everyone here. Let's appreciate that and get on with the main business of the thread.

14. DWFII

DWFII Well-Known Member

Wait...if you love illegal drugs and they're made legal....will you be true?

15. Zapasman

Zapasman Well-Known Member

16. patrickBOOTH

Never thought of this philosophical question, but it is a good one! I'm not sure if I like them or not to be truthful. I get drug tested at work so I can't use them either way!

17. benhour

benhour Well-Known Member

A very big Hello Gent's from sunny Greece!

Generally i dont like to pick up fights and like to help when i can (especially when i know something well) but when someone provoking systematically and offensively i would be really happy to give him the fight of his life!! With the previous "statement" i wanted to say that even if you have the best intentions to help when someone is rude you would not be able always to stay calm!!

I dont like to take sides but on this matter i think i have to say what i think!!

Berner you have a post count of ~70 and the 20 of them are after the fight with travers! Even if i try to remember i cant recall one time you tried to help someone in the past! Sorry my friend but i think it's completely impolite to make a post here and starting with ~ you rich motherf... (hahahahaha i think i have to give the whole situation a joke spirit) ! I can assure you that most of the people here are not billionaires (they never have the anxiety to care for their shoes they just buy new ones) and as far as my situation to give you a fact most of my shoes are bought under discount [​IMG]!! Btw yes you can antique shoes using black wax , with dark brown its a lot easier but you can do it as good as with black!

Travers i think you had to stay more calm and not to swear! I was offended too with the rich... thing but i think its better to leave it pass!! The language think was a little out of place my friend!! I am not a native speaker of English and i try always to write as good as possible! its like for my side to expect someone from abroad to speak in Greek or right in Ancient Greek as good as i do, its quite really delusional !

Patrick send me some staff please ....[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. traverscao

Ben,

Apart from Pat, DW, and a few others whom I do not have enough lines to mention, you are one of those "seniors" whom I highly regard, because you always help, not criticize, and have the patience of a saint, beside a heart of gold. I am deeply sorry if my tone and language bears the hint of offensiveness.

However, I would rather express my anger and then feel cool and calm enough to carry on with the day, despite the risk of being banned, for what it's worth - what they would call "get it done and shit out", because I do not advocate suppression. Furthermore, I am angry at the kind of argument that directly attack people regarding their socioeconomic or relating that to shoe buying. I dare say, speak of such words hurts more than foul language employed in fits of rage. Besides, as an apprentice of Psychology and mental health practices, I do not advocate triggering others to such anger, nor do I advocate "letting it go", or suppression, as the major would call it. Suppression of an anger or traumatic event will eventually leads to repression, in which, at long term, can promote unstable behavior on an individual, which then finally fully manifest itself to unstable mental conditions or mental disorder(s). That was why I said
    Again, I apologize deeply, and hope you get a better understanding of me through this conversation.

19. skeen7908

skeen7908 Well-Known Member

I have never seen anyone get so furious about shoe-care

You are absolutely insane and hilarious traverscao

20. traverscao

Those two in bold come together on almost a daily basis.

I'm not the only one furious about shoe care, FWIW.