• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NeedStyleHelp

Reaction score
Not quite sure if this is the right thread, so forgive me if I'm wrong.

Does anyone have any advice for the best fitting shoe trees for a pair of gucci loafers size Gucci 7?

doopdoop

Reaction score
do i need a large horsehair buffing brush or just a small jar/spreading brushing if i plan on applying saphir renovateur and obenauf's lp to my indy boots w/ no polish? i'm not technically buffing right? so do i need a big brush? any cheaper recommendations?

isn't the horsehair brush designed to clean dirt off initially. after that, can't i just use a sock?

Last edited:

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

do i need a large horsehair buffing brush or just a small jar/spreading brushing if i plan on applying saphir renovateur and obenauf's lp to my indy boots w/ no polish? i'm not technically buffing right? so do i need a big brush? any cheaper recommendations?
you can probably pick up a large brush for less than $10. If you really can't spend that you can just apply by hand and buff with a cloth.

Benjaminba

Reaction score
I bought some new boots, but I'm not completely satisfied with the color. I searched through this thread, but it's pretty huge, and most of what I found was about antiquing or dyeing.

I would like the boots to be slightly darker and more red, like in the second picture. It sounds like it should be possible to just use a Saphir cream polish? Would that be enough?

The color should be even though. I'm not going for an antique/patina look with these. If it's possible, do you think the Saphir mahogany cream would be the best choice?

Yowzer

Reaction score
I bought some new boots, but I'm not completely satisfied with the color. I searched through this thread, but it's pretty huge, and most of what I found was about antiquing or dyeing.

I would like the boots to be slightly darker and more red, like in the second picture. It sounds like it should be possible to just use a Saphir cream polish? Would that be enough?

The color should be even though. I'm not going for an antique/patina look with these. If it's possible, do you think the Saphir mahogany cream would be the best choice?

I'm using the mahogany cream for a pair of AS Cherry. It gives a reddish brown hue. Suggest you should give it a shot.

Benjaminba

Reaction score
Thanks! Will try that and report back later on how it turns out
smile.gif

OlafG

Reaction score
If I buy Saphir insoles for my shoes, should I remove them when I'm inserting the shoe trees?

OlafG

Reaction score
Okay, thanks. I'm going to try a pair to see if they give me better support for my flat feet.

Reaction score
Noticed the other day my CJ Conistons have some damage from my heel that is pulling apart the heel from the inside (see pic) I was planning on getting another winters use before a resole so rather not send them in just yet, any ideas what I can do to repair this so it doesn't get any worse?

Andy

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads