1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The official SF eBay Black List

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Brianpore, Dec 16, 2011.

1. amadar

amadar Well-Known Member

Received my first neg feedback today. Sold a recent mainline Zegna suit 1 month ago....buyer messages me when he received it that he was "horrified" to find that the suit was 100% Rayon. :facepalm: I kindly responded back that the suit is 100% wool as described, and that the 100% rayon he was seeing on the bottom of the fabric tag referred to the composition of the lining.

Today, 1 MONTH later, I get the negative feedback saying "The suit was VERY worn, with stitching coming loose in many places, worn > 2x". Really? Where was that in your first complaint message?

I can guarantee there were no stitching issues when I sent it. I'll ask him for pictures of the stitching, but at this point its probably pointless as its been a month......buyer obviously was having buyers remorse and found out a way to take it out on me. Sucks, I have a fairly limited feedback total (around 170) and one more neg will make me lose my newly obtained TRS status. :angry:

2. grendel

grendel Well-Known Member

3. rengler22

rengler22 Well-Known Member

This made me laugh. And out loud, to boot.

4. mjt73106

mjt73106 Well-Known Member

Updated some non-payers and a feedback extortionist. Thanks to everyone that helps out on this list!

5. div25sec9

div25sec9 Well-Known Member

list updated. I hate people who threaten negative feedback. How is purchasing the wrong size a reason to leave me a negative feedback?

6. Brianpore

Brianpore Well-Known Member

I love people who threaten to leave me negative feedback. Hope it was though ebay messages!! Give ebay a call and if you have the threatening demand "extortion" you can usually get neg feedback removed. Better they threaten then just do it...if they just do it then it is what it is.

7. Gorecki

Gorecki Well-Known Member

my two cents about a certain Mr Daniel Payne from LA

after the shipping up to that point everything was going ok, lots of friendly talk.

i provided de tracking number, fully operational, barring the ocasional system failure with tracking numbers.

then out of the blue starts the acusations that he doesnt know the carrier ( who the frack in LA knows every carrier in a small country in Europe) , the tracking number is non existant and that i was trying to scam him - this all in less than 12 (twelve) days in a shipment from Europe to USA, with a fully funcional tracking and insured number....

Then comes the case, Idiots at Paypal suspend the payment with no apeal and then after i provided the irrefutable proof that the item arrived @ destination, it took more than one week for the ebay authorities to close the case. needless to say i adressed the buyer to demand a apology for putting my name to shame to no avail!!!

i have evidence of all this needless!!!

----------------------------------

Another episode, i sold a very rare mint condition 1990's Oakland Raiders original snap back to a canadian kid

after winning the auction the snapback was sold for some 50$, much less than it's collectors market value, the guy claims he didnt know there was shipping costs, i conced him the discount, wheres he then proceed to demand it shipping in a box with proper protections otherwise he would leave negative feedback and send it back!

:)

Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  8. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Well-Known Member

Can I ask why some of you guys refuse to ship internationally? As someone who is predominantly a buyer and living in Canada, I find the increasingly common 'CONUS only' shipping policies really quite annoying especially when most of the good stuff on ebay seems to be located in the USA. Not everything on ebay is about buyers trying to screw sellers...

Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  9. barrelntrigger

barrelntrigger Well-Known Member

I'm glad there are honest international ebayers such as yourself. I actually sell internationally. I've not yet been screwed by any international buyers. I just sold a pair of licensed, made in USA YSL jeans to a fellow from France. At first, I had a bad feeling about the traction because there was no communication from his part. Then, out of no where, I received a positive feed back from him. That boosted my confidence about international buyers. If you are interested, please PM me so I can give you my ebay link.

10. AndroFan

AndroFan Well-Known Member

Yay, got my first fraudulent SNAD & neg from a scammer! [​IMG]

Don't forget to update your bidder management list for the holiday season.

11. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

story!

12. AndroFan

Buyer bought a shirt for around $10. I always put both the tag size and the actual measurements in the listing info, and on this one I was especially careful to list even more exact measurements since it was a custom size (I included the sleeve, neck, waist, shoulders, BOC...the works). I have a no return policy, very intentionally (I'm actually a top rated seller but don't get the discount precisely because I DO NOT allow returns. It's just too messy with used clothes). Buyer gets the shirt, says it's awesome but doesn't fit and he wants a return address to return it. I point to my no return policy, but trying to be nice, I say I will make an exception and refund the purchase price he paid only (not initial shipping or return shipping. I saw no reason I should be out money because of his own stupidity). Thought the buyer would jump at it since I was being nice and forgoing my no return policy. Lol, no. Buyer immediately files a SNAD, LIES about the reason for the SNAD saying the shirt was "discolored." I escalate it, and in the message box paste the entire convo with buyer, showing clearly that he falsified the reason for his SNAD claim, and that his real complaint is the improper fit due to his own inability to read listings. Buyer, of course, wins SNAD the same day and full refund + shipping is automatically deducted from my Paypal account (screw ebay). I'm still civil and PM buyer my my return address to return shirt. Buyer says he's not returning it unless I Paypal him money for return shipping. A day or so later, buyer files negative feedback, and still refuses to return the shirt.

Awesome. Gotta love ebay.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
  13. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

Sucks :( And just proves how shitty paypal is. You can appeal the case if he doesn't provide return tracking information though I thought?

14. AndroFan

I don't sell to international buyers, and I honestly, truly empathize, but for me (and I'd imagine for most sellers), it's just a matter of risk reduction. Deep down I know that there's no difference between any given US buyer and any given international buyer and they're equally likely to screw me over/not screw me over, but the risk for sellers on ebay generally is already so high and the odds so stacked, that sellers will take any miniscule way to lower risk of loss/getting screwed. If I could block all buyers with less than 300 feeback, I would. It's irrational and totally unfair to new buyers, 99% of whom are likely great, honest customers...but it's just the way sellers (or at least myself) think, and try to protect themselves.

I honestly am sorry, it sucks...and the blame is actually squarely with ebay for making the environment comparatively more dangerous for sellers. [​IMG]

15. AndroFan

I'm honestly not sure. I already filed a buyer abuse claim but ebay hasn't responded, and now I filed a feedback abuse claim as well. I'll have to explore the options to see if there's anything else I can do, but this is the first time this has happened to me (thankfully), so I don't really even know what my options are at this point.

I know one thing: there's no way I'm paying him to send me my own shirt back.

16. Brianpore

Brianpore Well-Known Member

He needs to ship it back on his dime and provide tracking or you can appeal the case. Best bet, just give ebay a call. Although the policys suck, the people on the phone are usually very helpful and being a top rated seller with good feedback helps when talking to them. They know what you're doing and that you got screwed and usually try and help to the best of their ability as much as the rules they work by let them help.

17. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Well-Known Member

A person like me, that does not use eBay, sees no reason to do so with stories like these... :confused:

It's a shame, Spoo has such nice things...

18. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus

I promise, Ill only scam you a little bit ;)

1 person likes this.
  19. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Well-Known Member

i didn't read the whole story, but yes. i've had enough hassle of selling items internationally. i would avoid it in the future.

20. SMatthews

SMatthews Well-Known Member

Such a waste, there are some potentially good items on ebay but the CONUS only policy completely ruins it for the buyer.