• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official SF eBay Black List

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

it gets lost at the army base,I dont know why but once it reaches the base either its not delivered "officially" so ppl can screw you or it gets lost , i do not send there anymore,

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sold this Paul Stuart polo for a measly $5 last week. Buyer never paid. Opened a case today and the buyer replied with:

" Hi, I would like to cancel this purchase. I never saw the bit about 4-5 years old. In my mind "recent" is this year, yesterday. It's already not satisfactory. I can't believe you opened a dispute like this. I was considering another purchase, but NOT now. I would like a cancelation. Thanks, "

Item:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/15077179942...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1562.l2649#ht_1320wt_1396

Member ID to block: 2511t

http://myworld.ebay.com/2511t

Seriously?! :brick:: :facepalm:

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sold this Paul Stuart polo for a measly $5 last week. Buyer never paid. Opened a case today and the buyer replied with:

" Hi, I would like to cancel this purchase. I never saw the bit about 4-5 years old. In my mind "recent" is this year, yesterday. It's already not satisfactory. I can't believe you opened a dispute like this. I was considering another purchase, but NOT now. I would like a cancelation. Thanks, "
Item:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/15077179942...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1562.l2649#ht_1320wt_1396
Member ID to block: 2511t
http://myworld.ebay.com/2511t
Seriously?! :brick:: :facepalm:

^ Would you like some cheese with that whine? He's got a 99.1% rating. I'd do business with him.

Last edited:

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Have fun. Ratings don't mean anything anymore because sellers can no longer leave negative or neutral feedback.

That guy sounds like an ass. If you buy the item, you pay for it.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ratings don't mean anything anymore because sellers can no longer leave negative or neutral feedback.

Interesting, I wasn't aware of that.

JustDucky

Reaction score
Interesting, I wasn't aware of that.

It's supposedly to protect buyers from retaliatory feedback but in reality it just leaves sellers out in the cold. The only way a seller has full feedback access is if the buyer doesn't pay at all. If a buyer forces the seller to open an unpaid item dispute (either by stating that they refuse to pay or by not responding) and then pays to avoid the unpaid item strike, that buyer can leave the seller negative feedback but the seller can only leave positive feedback. To make matters worse, if a buyer changes their mind and drops you a line saying that they'd appreciate it if you'd cancel their purchase you can still only leave them positive feedback and they can, if they are so inclined, leave you neutral or negative. I don't sell on ebay any more.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Again, interesting ^ and thank you for the clarification.

Bounder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I know that feeling all too well. Sorry man. Only priority under $250, or express over $250 on eBay - NO exceptions.

I'm not that much of an ebay user but do the TOS prevent you from using other shipping terms, like CPT? If you do that, the buyer assumes the risk of loss after you hand it over to the carrier.

hyt123

Reaction score
It's supposedly to protect buyers from retaliatory feedback but in reality it just leaves sellers out in the cold. The only way a seller has full feedback access is if the buyer doesn't pay at all. If a buyer forces the seller to open an unpaid item dispute (either by stating that they refuse to pay or by not responding) and then pays to avoid the unpaid item strike, that buyer can leave the seller negative feedback but the seller can only leave positive feedback. To make matters worse, if a buyer changes their mind and drops you a line saying that they'd appreciate it if you'd cancel their purchase you can still only leave them positive feedback and they can, if they are so inclined, leave you neutral or negative. I don't sell on ebay any more.

This isn't 100% true. A quick call to eBay customer service will solve this and most similar feedback issues. Sellers may not be able to leave negative feedback for buyers anymore, but buyers also aren't allowed to use the feedback system to abuse sellers. I've been a seller on eBay since 1998 and have had more than my fair share of idiot buyers and sellers, and eBay customer service has always come through for me. No, the system isn't perfect (far from it) but it's not as bad as you make it out to be.

hyt123

Reaction score
I'm not that much of an ebay user but do the TOS prevent you from using other shipping terms, like CPT? If you do that, the buyer assumes the risk of loss after you hand it over to the carrier.

Not sure what "CPT" is, but in eBay transactions the buyer never assumes the risk of loss after you hand it over to the carrier because eBay/PayPal's setup places the responsibility on the seller to get the item to the buyer in the condition stated in the auction. So for anything worth 249.99 and under, you'd better have a tracking number, and 250.00 and over, a signature upon delivery (PayPal rules for seller protection eligibility). If you really want to cover yourself then have shipping insurance.

Instead of asking for opinions on some random forum you should just read up on what PayPal and eBay have to say about this -- all the information you need is on their websites. The gist of it is that as far as eBay and PayPal are concerned, it is the seller's responsibility to get the item to the buyer in the condition described in the sale. With few exceptions, the buyer almost never assumes risk of loss.

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Im missing it - whats CPT?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Bounder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Im missing it - whats CPT?

It's a standard international shipping term (aka Incoterm, not to be confused with Incotex.) Basically it means that the seller has the responsibility to deliver the goods to the carrier, freight pre-paid. Once the seller has delivered the goods to the carrier, the risk of loss shifts to the buyer.

http://www.worldclassshipping.com/incoterm_cpt.html

To put it simply, if you were shipping goods CPT, all you would have to prove is that you delivered the goods to the carrier (Postal Service, UPS, etc.). Anything after that e.g., loss or damage in transit, would be the buyer's problem.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads