1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

I don't care who got the last word. Next guy to not drop it will be timed out and owe me $500.

Cheers,

Fok.

2 people like this.
  2. jp2k1

jp2k1 Well-Known Member

Just do your thing. All good

1 person likes this.
  3. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Well-Known Member

Hmmm after the past two pages, I now understand why people are reluctant to post fit pics or to talk about clothing fits on many threads in styleforum

I have the RRL rigid chinos and like the look and construction of them. However, the fit is strange as my 34 model fits a bit roomy in the seat, perfect in the thighs and wide at the leg opening. I may just size down to 33 for my next pair and hope they stretch. What may be better is just buying Epaulet duck canvas chinos in 34, getting the waist let out a bit and stretching those out. That way, a fitted thigh and slim leg opening is ensured.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
  4. jp2k1

jp2k1 Well-Known Member

I think thats why you see so many pics on the shoe threads instead.

5. scb

scb Well-Known Member

just got the same email about a shirt. I'm wondering how many more of these emails I'll get before my order ships...

6. 90shilling

90shilling Well-Known Member

To follow up on this, I ended up going to the store and trying on smaller waist sizes as DeSense had suggested. I ended up going with a 30 (two sizes smaller than my normal waist size of 32) for a slightly snug fit that I expect to stretch with wear. Crotch doesn't bulge, thighs feel snug, and overall fit is now great.

7. koidragon

koidragon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Same pants ... Different pic... I know they are a loose baggy fit but honestly I don't think they are that bad. Either way... I like them. Cheers everyone.

8. Fenderplyr

Fenderplyr Well-Known Member

I had two rigid chinos, the buckleback and non both in size 32 while im around a true 34 waist. The bucklebacks were huge and i ditched those for the non buckleback in a 32 as well however they did fit better. After a few wears they seemed to loosen up a bit as well

9. captainshields

captainshields Well-Known Member

Looks better.
    They are probably so loose because it looks like you have about 4" double cuffed...maybe a shorter inseam?

10. Kensington

Kensington Well-Known Member

They look better in that pic. I actually like baggy denim depending on how it's worn. I think brands like Kapital and 45rpm pull off the look well. RRL doesn't seem to focus on their looser denim as much, maybe because of the JNCO/Raver vibe in the states.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  11. koidragon

You are correct.... I have debated this. They do have a nice Selvedge line which is why I went longer and cuffed them. The fabric is really lightweight similar to a linen and denim blend but they are 100 % Japanese denim and comfy as hell.

12. koidragon

I do like the look of those.

13. captainshields

I've always debated whether to buy mine long and do a bunch of cuffing or not...at this point I buy either my exact inseam and one size longer and do a small cuff or no cuff. Or if you're wearing higher boots you can do a big cuff and it looks good.

In my experience, if you're say a 28x30 and you buy a 30x34 the entire fit can be different.
    I am a 28x30 and I have a pair of 28x34s that are my favorite wash but I just can't wear them...they feel so weird for some reason.

I might get them hemmed (which you could probably do with yours too).

But I know where you're coming from. I have a few pairs of loose fit that I love to wear because they are just so comfy...but I hate how I look in them. Fashion before comfort....or something like that ;)

1 person likes this.
  14. captainshields

Anyone by any chance have these jeans in a 28, 29 or 30 or this jacket in a small or xs they would sell?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. stu00a

stu00a Well-Known Member

Those are some old stuff

16. Kensington

Kensington Well-Known Member

You could try swapping the white shirt in your other pic with a button down and cuff even higher with no break. Add heavy shoes/boots and you'll have more of a country look instead of 90s guy look IMO.

1 person likes this.
  17. captainshields

Ya...figured I would see if anyone had any they were sick of.
    I found RRL only in the last couple years...and I have a whole folder of older season stuff I'm on the hunt for.

A member here recently helped me find one of my dream jackets...so I figured I'd slowly try to find the other stuff :)

18. Jagger_On

Jagger_On Well-Known Member

Appreciate you manning up and apologising so quickly. Looks much better but are you intentionally wearing them so low or is that where they are supposed sit. Could be the camera angle but if they're anything like the carpenter pants I have they're supposed to fit around the waist rather than the hips. Might be worth a try unless you are specifically wearing them low.

1 person likes this.
  19. koidragon

I usually end up wearing my pants around the hips .... Even when they are meant for my natural waist ... Just feels better.... But I understand it probably would look better.

20. Doctor Chan

Doctor Chan Active Member

Ok, here's my fit pics.

Boots- Wolverine 1000 Mile
    Pants- RRL Clydes Indigo (got a 30 inseam but measure 35, haha RRL obviously didn't pay attn. need to hem asap)
    Shirt- Sid Mashburn
    Sweater- RRL Fleece
    Jacket- RRL Thompson

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5 people like this.