1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. 00bam

00bam Well-Known Member

good heads up!! idc i used the code why the eff not....anyways fingers crossed i got the stuff i was waiting to pull the trigger on but never did because it wasnt on sale yet and also because i was looking for a new pair of shoes and some new levis 501s before i even think about buying some spring denim....and i called a rrl store yesterday and i found out there is only one pair left in the size of the jeans i was eyeing from the spring...now im kicking myself for not getting my stuff together in time but damn i didnt think they would be that sold out in the size i was looking for around this time....they need to make more...

2. Fenderplyr

Fenderplyr Well-Known Member

code hasn't worked for me, was it already taken down?

3. ExhibitA

ExhibitA Well-Known Member

I'm sure it's down. I heard about the discount and I spent a few grand on there last night. RL moved a tremendous amount of inventory last night. I'm not sure if they'd just take the loss or cancel the orders ?!? I really don't think they're taking a loss, even at 65% off I'm sure there's some profit in there.

4. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Well-Known Member

Unionmade has the SF Rigid/Once Washed and LS Rigid/Once Washed listed as the Cone version, but the RRL site still has the ones that say "Made in USA of Imported Fabrics."

Does anyone know if the website still sells old stock or are the descriptions just outdated/recycled? Anyone order any recently - what did you actually receive?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  5. deez nuts

deez nuts Well-Known Member

there is some variation with the hats, but i typically wear a M. back in my college days i wore a 7 3/8 fitted if that helps.

6. captainshields

captainshields Well-Known Member

Damn. Wish someone mentioned that code here...thanks a lot guys!

2 people like this.
  7. ThatGuy

ThatGuy Well-Known Member

Thanks. Just measured my head, and it's just under 22.5 inches... so it looks like M could be a snug fit

8. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Well-Known Member

9. pvoytko

pvoytko Well-Known Member

i work part time as an SA at a diesel outlet thats right next to a polo outlet

time to make the jump over to the LO so i can take advantage of stuff like this

10. 00bam

00bam Well-Known Member

I placed mine at 2.30 am ....wonder if I should have gone with over night shipping...

11. urbanwoodsman

urbanwoodsman Well-Known Member

Website still sells old stock. I know that for a fact. Hope that helps. "Made in the USA of Imported Fabrics"

12. Saturdays

Saturdays Well-Known Member

I wish someone came and woke me up and told me about the code and then shoved my computer in my face

13. captainshields

No need to be an ass.
    I don't follow a thousand threads.
    The only one I look at is this one. So the only way I would have known (and others here I'm guessing) is if someone was cool enough to post it.

Just like the outlets, looks like the resellers got the most out of this one as well.
    Just sucks for anyone who didn't catch it and who doesn't have access to outlets.
    It would be fun to get some deals every once in a while too.
    That's all I was saying ;)

14. movoblast

movoblast Well-Known Member

I'm not a reseller. Just a loyal customer. But I would be pretty angry if the people who chose overnight shipping get the deal, and the people who chose ground shipping don't. It looks like they shipped overnight orders placed after 12AM as well, so the cutoff time is a non-issue. So if they let some orders slide and not others, I'm sure they would get negative press. Hope RL lets everyone slide.

15. ChasingBobby

ChasingBobby Well-Known Member

Not sure if he directed an attack towards you...

but I agree with you...I wish somebody listed the code here...Slickdeals had it, Niketalk had it..I just completely missed it..
    On this forum, ESPECIALLY in this thread, its everyone for themselves...majority of the folks that post in this thread is resellers...
    I just realized it after going on ebay seeing the items they listed....

These folks are knowledgable and know their ish...but they not gonna spill the beans on the deals...

So now you know...look out for yourself before anyone else...

16. captainshields

Sorry to Saturdays if he wasn't directing an attack towards me...sounded snarky.

But ya, glad I'm not the only one. And I knew this thread was mostly resellers...just had no clue about this code.
    Sucks one of them couldn't have posted it even just for the little guys (because I'm sure all the big resellers knew anyway)

Oh well.

17. pvoytko

pvoytko Well-Known Member

are resellers really listing items on ebay they haven't even received yet?

you can almost always spot the woodbury merchandise but id be shocked if resellers were posting this employee sale stuff already

18. 00bam

00bam Well-Known Member

yeah im thinking how the HELL did this code not pop up here sooner?? when i saw exhibitA post thats the first i heard about it...

19. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

Ebay is full of stuff for sale that isn't actually in-hand yet.
    Every time there's a coveted Nike release you'll see dozens of listings pop up on ebay a week before they even come out just with stock photos.

20. movoblast

movoblast Well-Known Member

Yeah, I would have thought styleforum would be one of the first place to post it up. It actually ended up being one of the last.