1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Kensington

Kensington Well-Known Member

I'm curious about this too. I have a pair of jeans that fit perfectly now but I'm afraid they're gonna shrink and be too small after I wash them.

2. ChasingBobby

ChasingBobby Well-Known Member

They do stretch over time...I am usually a 32 and I size my RRL @ 31. as for the pocket thing...I have a hard time as well, so you aint the only one...lol

3. captainshields

captainshields Well-Known Member

haha good to know. thanks!

4. RandJG1

RandJG1 Well-Known Member

just went to RRL site and it appears to be down. The are asking for emails of people who want timely updates etc. There doesn't seem to be any work around. I wonder if its a site update. Odd you'd shut down on a weekend when id expect a lot more traffic. Anyone have any ideas?

5. captainshields

captainshields Well-Known Member

6. RandJG1

7. Kensington

Probably rolling out an update or new collection.

8. RandJG1

lets hope. anxious to see more.

unrelated i received my indigo banded collar shirt today. love the color and look. not so great its sorta short. ill not be tucking this into any low rise. Its one of those you love the look of and then you pull it into your collection and I'm a bit stumped at what to pair it with. And i think I'm coming to realize banded collars aren't fantastic on me. Not sure i can return it tho, uncommon piece and love the color and look. anyone pick this up and have any good pairing with it?

Someone recently mentioned going tan pants with the empire coat so i tried that with the field chinos and its great. Now I'm thinking i need to pick up the chalk denim for a nice pairing. Thoughts? any other ideas to rock with the empire coat? Was thinking thompson chino too.

9. Kensington

10. Kensington

Any way to prevent indigo from rubbing off on a shirt with a jacket like that? ^

Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
  11. jp2k1

jp2k1 Well-Known Member

IMO, I think the banded easily goes with alot of pants, especially the olive rigid jeans and any of the lighter colored jeans/pants as well. You can do the same thing with Empire.

12. RandJG1

Ive got the Dupre indigo sport coat incoming monday likely. anxious to see in person

13. RandJG1

good thoughts, i guess I'm more wondering what jackets to pair it with, my current rotation of empire, allen, hamilton, whitney and the like aren't great choices

14. jp2k1

jp2k1 Well-Known Member

I dont think so either. Too much going on IMO. Something solid would do to show off the band and pattern. For this year, something like the marcel work jacket (which Im trying out next week) may work well. Linen would be quite welcome given the spring weather coming up.

15. jp2k1

jp2k1 Well-Known Member

16. Franky Paige

Franky Paige Well-Known Member

Does anyone have the black cafe racer from two seasons ago sitting in their closet collecting dust and perhaps would like to sell it? size small

17. RandJG1

yes thats a good thought. see if you can take some photos when you try it out. I'm on the fence, past linen hasn't been my thing, word is this is very thin. Though wrinkles on this wouldn't be as issue like a dress sport coat. Im looking at the matching pants and thinking a great summer suit.

18. RandJG1

I have an unworn dixon xl and Stanton Leather Coat in xl looking for a trade for same in xxl. This will be my impossible quest. :violin:

19. Dirty Denim

Dirty Denim Well-Known Member

They had 1 pre distressed slim in sz 28-36. The 25% off coupon def works but it required the manager to find a code to use in that code binder they have. Took a few photos while I was there as well part of my get up & some guys uni brow I had to photo

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

2 people like this.
  20. grundletaint

grundletaint Well-Known Member