• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting stuff. I guess to me, the thing that suggests jorts is the contrast stitching. If they had kept them plain I would be much more interested, but then I already have 3 pairs of the Officer's Chino shorts so wouldn't purchase these anyway.

XIAN UK

Reaction score
Does anybody know where I might be able to pick this up in a medium. I know you all ain't to keen on requests like this, but it ain't on ebay, and I am pretty sweet on it - especially given the lack of decent jackets this season.

46n2

Reaction score
Big shouts to Saturdays . Thanks for the efforts ! Yes, there should be an online DB of previous years lines. Cheers!

Thanks to Nemo too! What is that pattern on that sweater you bought in Dec '11 called ??

Last edited:

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This jacket has the same pattern on the front and back as the item you've seen, although i prefer this particular style. I bought this off the RRL website Nov/December 2011. Hope that helps some. Best wishes
I love the navajo/indian heritage items. Personally, i want a blanket shawl navajo printed one, just something to wrap around when cozying up on the couch next to a fire while reading a book and sipping tea.

Nemo004

Reaction score
HI 46n2

Unfortunately there is nothing on or inside the jacket to indicate what the pattern is. I do remember the website blurb saying 'Southwestern' pattern. However thinking about it, i'm sure Hoit might know how to contact the buyers, inside RRL who ship the stuff. The issue of course, is that the item is made in China, so do they choose the pattern or is it an RRL designer in the USA who sends them the product designs. There are two pieces of info on the jacket which might be of use to you :

1. SUPPLIER (hastag) 66139 - P0 (hastag)317137

2. PRODUCT CODE -RN41381 KV

This is the code for my jacket, but since its only just over 12 months ago, there is a very good chance, if you find the right people in RRL ,then they might be able to track down the pattern for you.

Good luck Dr Watson.

Ghost01

Reaction score
HI 46n2

Unfortunately there is nothing on or inside the jacket to indicate what the pattern is. I do remember the website blurb saying 'Southwestern' pattern. However thinking about it, i'm sure Hoit might know how to contact the buyers, inside RRL who ship the stuff. The issue of course, is that the item is made in China, so do they choose the pattern or is it an RRL designer in the USA who sends them the product designs. There are two pieces of info on the jacket which might be of use to you :

1. SUPPLIER (hastag) 66139 - P0 (hastag)317137

2. PRODUCT CODE -RN41381 KV

This is the code for my jacket, but since its only just over 12 months ago, there is a very good chance, if you find the right people in RRL ,then they might be able to track down the pattern for you.

Good luck Dr Watson.
Nemo's jacket was called the Beacon Jacket and the pattern was classed as just Blue Stripe Beacon. It was part of the Deadwood collection for Holiday 2011. Most of the Beacon styles produced by RL and RRL are reproductions of vintage patterns.
Hope this helps.

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nemo's jacket was called the Beacon Jacket and the pattern was classed as just Blue Stripe Beacon. It was part of the Deadwood collection for Holiday 2011. Most of the Beacon styles produced by RL and RRL are reproductions of vintage patterns.
Hope this helps.

I wonder if 46n2's was also from the same collection, nothing suggests that it absolutely isn't...I barely even remember the Deadwood collection having items like that

btw the RN# is the same on every garment, its a registered id number that most retailers who import/export a large quantity of goods use.

Last edited:

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wonder if 46n2's was also from the same collection, nothing suggests that it absolutely isn't...I barely even remember the Deadwood collection having items like that .

But 46n2's has the vintage style label scroll (pointing upwards). To me that suggests vintage c. 1993 - 2000(ish).

Ghost01

Reaction score
But 46n2's has the vintage style label scroll (pointing upwards). To me that suggests vintage c. 1993 - 2000(ish).
Correct. That style is oooooollllllldddd. No real hope of finding out when though.

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Correct. That style is oooooollllllldddd. No real hope of finding out when though.

Okay, I see what you mean. Just noticed some other tags and the differentiation.

What do you guys think of this RRL suit? What era does it represent?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-Ralph-L...746695?pt=US_CSA_MC_Suits&hash=item3a7ee085c7

Looks like late 20s, early 30s to me, but my eye for distinction between prohibition era and post prohibition era suiting is wane

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads