1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Well-Known Member

yeah thats clearly a messup. you could reach out to RL customer service or if your local, go into a store and have them look at it. they wont be able to replace it if its last season but maybe exchange for a current model

2. captainshields

captainshields Well-Known Member

Haha.
    Well damn. I was hoping it wasn't screwed up somehow.
    I'll just keep it how it is. Not worth taking them apart personally.

3. captainshields

I love these..so it just sucks. Don't know why I didn't see that last year when I bought them.

I doubt RL would honor anything a year after buying them.

(I don't live anywhere near any shops)

This kind of little stuff drives me crazy, so of course it always happens to me haha.
    I'm just gonna suck it up and where them as is. It'll make them unique ;)

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  4. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Well-Known Member

you'd be surprised. RL is a huge company and if you show pics, its clear its a defect in design regardless of when you bought it. it would help if you had proof of when and where you bought it but i think if you pushed CS hard enough they would just replace it with a like item.

but yeah if you really like it, im sure you could "fix it" the way kensington suggested.

i had a belt from rugby that was completely made wrong where the buckle wouldnt hold the strap correctly and it was completely off from the picture. the CS said that the picture wasnt accurate and that i was just doing it wrong. i kept pushing and it got escalated and the manager just said if i didnt want it he would refund me. this was like 2 years ago and like 3 months after i purchased it.

5. captainshields

Sent them an email just to see what they say.
    If the do anything to help with something bought so long ago, I will be truly impressed!

My experience with RL CS has been horrible to put it lightly haha.

6. Jagger_On

Jagger_On Well-Known Member

Yeah I've got those ones and mine are both the same way round. Kensington's idea is definitely the best if RL won't help you out. Here is a picture of mine if it helps you any.

[​IMG]

7. captainshields

Thanks for taking a pic man! Ya, that's what I figured they should have looked like.
    Wanna sell yours? haha

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  8. Sym

Sym Well-Known Member

Newest pickups. Thanks to potemkin_city_limits for the Quilted Buffalo Western and KUSHDRYGOODS for the Anderson and Henley. Also managed to snag the Cotton-Wool Henley in my size on the RL site yesterday.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  9. Denim

Denim Well-Known Member

Nice! I'm the exact same way... I wear them all year round as well lol

10. captainshields

PS. if anyone has a pair of these they would sell pm me :)

11. RandJG1

RandJG1 Well-Known Member

Looking for a xxl dixon jacket owner who'd like to trade with an xl owner. pm me please.

12. Dirty Denim

Dirty Denim Well-Known Member

RRL Vintage piece i grabbed on ebay
    RRL low straights 1 wash
    RRL Denim wallet
    LVC Bedford trucker

I also grabbed the olive green jeans from Bloomingdales & actually like them alot. Ill get some fit pics of them up in a bit

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

13. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

Rrl canyon boot. Pretty sure these were made by Julian. Quality is superb

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  14. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Well-Known Member

Never thought i'd be repping your footwear...

15. 00bam

00bam Well-Known Member

I went to a polo factory outlet today and talked to a SA and was told there expanding next door (I think thats where they said) with a denim and supply store and its going to have a RRL section...hopefully this happens I mean I hope rrl doesn't lose its quality but it would be nice...anyone know if this is actually gonna happen or what?

16. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Well-Known Member

No, not a chance. They just expanded the store last year and they're done with that.

I presume you went to Sawgrass, the SA wind up people about RRL, and don't know jack shit. They would never bundle RRL with D&S crap.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
  17. subdivide

subdivide Well-Known Member

Does anyone know who does Ralph Lauren shop window displays? I would guess that it is in-house: that RL has a dedicated design team for decorating shops as well as the window displays. Still, I'm curious if anyone here knows the names of the people who do this work for RRL's shops in New York, the Hamptons, LA and Malibu, etc. They are pretty amazing.

18. 00bam

00bam Well-Known Member

This was at the dolphin factory store...damn they need a rrl store down here I know they had 1 before but I didnt even know anything about rrl

19. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

:lol: :fistbump:

thanks man. youve got great rrl taste

20. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

pretty sure its in house. ive seen them working in the fillmore store. Not sure if its the same crew that does the entire country but these guys were from on of the socal stores and were responsible for some part of the west coast. ive purchased a few things based on how they were styled on store front mannequins.