1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. boxdok

boxdok Well-Known Member

I agree with you that a lot people tend to focus on raw or dark denim too much. M personally, I prefer washed denim. There is much lees hassle, I don't have to worry about sizing issue due to stretching and i don't have to worry about my jeans bleeding indigo everywhere. During this most recent sale I picked up a pair slim fit Folsom wash jeans and i also have a pair of slim boot-cut spring wash and i was thinking of picking up one more pair of light wash jeans or a pair of grey wash jeans. I started to lean more towards the grey because the pics on line of the Utica jeans didn't look that much different from the Folsom wash jeans that I have.Furthermore, the last time I checked the Ralph Lauren Store in Lenox Mall they didn't have any Utica Jeans in for me to do my own comparison.

2. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Well-Known Member

That jacket could easily fit into a 21x14x5 even in 2XL. I wouldn't be worried about it being damaged if it's folded tightly, that leather is thick and well oiled it will not form creases very easily and even if there is a crease it's a leather jacket that will get lots of creases in it anyway, or you can rub conditioner in, read some tutorials on how to get wrinkles out of leather, it should take out most creases.

I myself am restoring an old RRL oilcloth jacket and have recently ordered some reproofing cream. Kind of excited about the DIY aspect as I have never reproofed a waxed jacket before.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  3. WiredandTired

WiredandTired Well-Known Member

They shipped my most recent jacket in a garment bag folded in half. It came through safely, but back it goes.

4. colabear

colabear Well-Known Member

Thanks for your input. I hope it turns out ok because this is my first really nice leather jacket purchase :)

5. badeggcat

badeggcat Well-Known Member

There is a RRL store at Central. WDSG at Wan Chai carries a bit as well.

6. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Well-Known Member

Having shipped RRL leather jackets before that jacket will def fit in a box that size with sleeves folded across and the jacket folded In half. Never had a problem with a crease either

7. Ghost01

Ghost01 Well-Known Member

Also that is a great Jkt. Tried it on and it was the best fit. Just didn't have the money at the time to purchase.

8. Farhad19620

Farhad19620 Well-Known Member

Hi, Does any one know who RRL Store on e-bay is run by? does he or she post here? Thank you

Regards

9. Viral

Viral Well-Known Member

probably more like a 31.5" - 32", although each garment can vary.

10. scb

scb Well-Known Member

I've got a pair of tagged size 31 slim and the waist measures 34 (returning them). You think the straight (which I thought was a looser fit) tagged 1 inch smaller would have a waist 2-2.5 inches smaller?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  11. ChasingBobby

ChasingBobby Well-Known Member

12. cincikid

cincikid Well-Known Member

13. Kensington

Kensington Well-Known Member

I find the actual sizing on RRL to be 2" higher than tagged, ymmv. Both of those appear to have extra material in the waist that a tailor can let out so I wouldn't worry too much about sizing.

1 person likes this.
  14. rrlgambler

rrlgambler Well-Known Member

Going OT here, but does anyone know if vintage_rl_store is on the forum? I believe RRL CLOTHING once said, and I'm paraphrasing, there is nothing worse than paying full price when you could have just reached out to a fellow forum member.

1 person likes this.
  15. ShakeEmUp

ShakeEmUp Well-Known Member

Got a pair of Washington boots today and I love them. Any recommendations on what(or if) I should treat them with? Going to wear them in the snow quite a bit
    [​IMG]

16. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Well-Known Member

Sno Seal!

1 person likes this.
  17. hoit1981

hoit1981 Well-Known Member

+1. Great stuff.

1 person likes this.
  18. ChasingBobby

Off topic...Still on the hunt for the Bred 1's? lol

I knew that Avatar looked familiar on NT lol

19. rrlgambler

rrlgambler Well-Known Member

Yep, what a racket these things have become....

20. ChasingBobby

The Royal 1s release was a clear indication of how these Bred 1s was gonna be...