• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dylanda

Reaction score
Anyone seen this coat in the flesh ?

How does it fit and look ?

Thanks in advance

Julien

RobearH

Reaction score
Any info on the measurements/fit of the A2 yet?
I'd need L or XL.
tia

The fit is like a traditional A2, maybe a bit slimmer. It fits right to the hip.
Size: Large
21 1/2" across chest
18" bottom hem
21 1/2" sleeve length (24" with knit)
26" shoulder to hem

Last edited:

indigoeagle

Reaction score
The fit is like a traditional A2, maybe a bit slimmer. It fits right to the hip.
Size: Large
21 1/2" across chest
18" bottom hem
21 1/2" sleeve length (24" with knit)
26" shoulder to hem
Thanks for the measurements. Jacket looks very nice.
So the cut sounds a bit more modern, i.e. not so boxy and a bit longer than the historically correct ones. I wouldn't mind that since I find the historical ones too short for me.
Do you have the shoulder measurements? Chest might just work.
And the sleeves sound very short. Is the 24" from the shoulder till the end of the knit cuffs?
And if I can bother you with this too. The length from the end of the collar on the back till the hem?

Last edited:

Hyphener

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm a long time thread-stalker and I've gained a lot from it, so I was hoping you guys could help me out.

I've never had any RRL boots because I don't think they come in a size 14, but I've read that sizing down 1/2 size in the Washington Boot is a good idea.

It's in-stock and on sale right now in a size 13, so does anyone have an idea about whether or not the boot will work out for me?

I'd rather not go through the ordering and returns process if I don't have to.
And while I'm at it, how about the Clifton?

Thanks for any input you may have.

srgprod

Reaction score

Thought about it for a sec but have a TOJ bomber coming in

The TOJ Bomber is so much nicer than that RRL jacket. I don't know why they made such a cheaply put together jacket. The materials are sub par and the construction is middling compared to so many other A2's on the market. Especially considering the price point they're selling it at.

RobearH

Reaction score
Thanks for the measurements. Jacket looks very nice.
So the cut sounds a bit more modern, i.e. not so boxy and a bit longer than the historically correct ones. I wouldn't mind that since I find the historical ones too short for me.
Do you have the shoulder measurements? Chest might just work.
And the sleeves sound very short. Is the 24" from the shoulder till the end of the knit cuffs?
And if I can bother you with this too. The length from the end of the collar on the back till the hem?
Sleeve from middle collar to exit of cuff-35 to end of leather-32.

Last edited:

Jagger_On

Reaction score

Anyone seen this coat in the flesh ?
How does it fit and look ?

Thanks in advance
Julien

Seen this in-store today but I didn't try it on unfortunately. Looks amazing though. Has a nice fade to it, as if an old fisherman had been wearing it for years out at sea. I'd definitely be thinking about getting it if I hadn't bought a few other things recently. They had some amazing jackets that I hadn't seen before including a great snorkel parka.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ FWIW Rugby has had a few similar designs in past seasons, and you can find them on eBay every once in a while for $150-200 or so and if you wanted, I could probably find one at Marshalls for $100-125 range and proxy it

captainshields

Reaction score
^^^ FWIW Rugby has had a few similar designs in past seasons, and you can find them on eBay every once in a while for $150-200 or so and if you wanted, I could probably find one at Marshalls for $100-125 range and proxy it

If you found one of those similar in a small at Marshalls that would be amazing!
My marshalls/tj maxx have no rugby/rrl/etc
:/

RobearH

Reaction score
Whats the word on the A2? Must buy item?
Certainly the correct word for me.
satisfied.gif

Missed the Officers Peacoat on the drive home. Congrats to all who got that must buy....I think the oxidized buttons, length and rear waist belt make it!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads