1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Denim

Denim Well-Known Member

No but they do have a Maroon/deep burgundy corduroy pant that's pretty sick in a slim fit

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  2. ispace

ispace Well-Known Member

Nice to see that there are a few new selvedge shirts this season. Kudos to RRL. Why do they hide the gussets in their website photos though??

B.

3. gumercindo

gumercindo Well-Known Member

Nice. Any out in the wild pics?

4. Denim

Denim Well-Known Member

They have a pair of olive green rigid herringbone chinos in store....

We should do that fade challenge for some fun and post pics of the progression. Would be very dope to see the fits and turn out like the last Officer Chinos challenge

5. sazon

sazon Well-Known Member

damn, all the sale items are gone from the website!!! Had two shirts in my cart I was going to pull the trigger on last night and i got lazy and today they're gone.

Anyone know how to find any of these sale items now??? Thanks.

6. hoit1981

hoit1981 Well-Known Member

^ I thought it was mentioned before that when the sale was over all unsold product is sent to some stores (Hamptons?) and then off to the outlets? If you could find the store then maybe you could find your shirts.

7. stu00a

stu00a Well-Known Member

I think all the sales items from stores get sent to one store. And then they will send all of them to warehouse for website listings.

And when website listings are gone, it means outlet...

8. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Well-Known Member

That website really helps them clean up. The website sells 1000s of items during the clearance, that's 1000s of less items that will make it to outlets. Hence why it's been really dry the last year.

The website made RRL much more accessible and while that makes people angry who wanted more exclusivity it was a great move on RLs part.

9. indigoeagle

indigoeagle Well-Known Member

Just a little feedback on the slim straights.
    I have to say I like them quite a lot. The Cone denim is quite soft and a bit hairy, very comfortable and pretty light, great for warmer weather.
    I got them in 32 and they fit very well, slim but not tight in the thighs (the Tellason John Graham Mellor in 32 for example are too tight for me).
    I can't compare to the slims since I haven't worn them.

10. srgprod

srgprod Well-Known Member

11. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Well-Known Member

12. rrlgambler

rrlgambler Well-Known Member

Since they were sold right from under me the last time he was nice enough to email me giving me a little bit of a heads up letting me know he had another pair to see if I was still interested before he placed them online. However, If it weren't for this post above I wouldn't have known. Upon reading it, learning my lesson from the last time I immediately went to my ebay account and found his email waiting for me. No futzing around, we quickly finished the deal we had started and he sold me the pair last night. Sil's a solid solid seller, talk about clutch!

13. srgprod

Awesome story! You scored. They are amazing jeans. Wear them in the best of health.

14. stu00a

stu00a Well-Known Member

15. rrlgambler

Thanks man! Being the cynical that I am I was actually bracing for a sarcastic "Cool Story Bro" comment. Now that I have my first pair of pants with the button attachments for braces I wasted no time last night I purchased a pair of braces to go with them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300945248374?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I know this is after the fact but what is exactly the fit like on these boss of the road jeans? By the looks online they look like slim straights or slims....

16. hoit1981

^ I like that sausages seller. Bought a killer RRL Harris Tweed SJ from him a while back. Shipped very quickly from the UK and no customs duty.

17. rrlgambler

That's good to hear. Really, the customs bit was my only concern before placing the order. Although, I was ultimately persuaded to go ahead because of the good experience I had with another UK seller by the name Maldorf.

18. hoit1981

Maldorf or Malford? If Malford then yes, excellent seller.

19. urbanwoodsman

urbanwoodsman Well-Known Member

The "Boss" jeans currently being discussed are -- or, at this point, were -- available at two places: the Buckhead RRL store in Atlanta, and the RRL store in the Hamptons. As of pretty recently, the Atlanta store has, I believe, a 38 left. I was able to score a pair via phone order from the Hampton store last Sunday. I would call and ask to speak with Jesse if you're interested. If you call the Atlanta store, ask to speak with Quinn. The denim used is low-tension, which gives it the grainy feel. In my amateur opinion, they're one of the best RRL has ever produced: from the weight, to the construction, to the hidden selvedge line (stitched in via double front-stitching down the seam.

With regard to a lot of the sale/clearance stuff, most of it was dispatched two places: Atlanta and the Hampton's. Hit them up, or have someone you trust proxy for you. Lots of good stuff still available. Atlanta had the "Roper" jean jacket for $140 as early as last week.

20. srgprod

They fit true to size. Straight leg but the top block is fitted so no balloon bottoms for these. They will take a long time to wear in but you're going to love them.