1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. grundletaint

grundletaint Well-Known Member

Website pics show hidden rivets. I don't have a whole lot of experience with cone denim, but the times I've handled it the fabric was definitely softer and less substantial than the Japanese stuff. Not to say it's better or worse, but definitely different and a thing of its own.

I'm waiting on some fit pics and measurements of these. Is the rise the same as straight leg model?

2. stevent

stevent Well-Known Member

Ones I saw in malibu didn't have them

3. stevent

stevent Well-Known Member

Ones I saw in malibu didn't have them

4. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Well-Known Member

Who wants to wear 16oz jeans in Summer... I can see a lot of these flooding outlets next Fall.

5. RRL CLOTHING

6. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Well-Known Member

I wore 16 oz jeans all of last summer, but I live in Boston and i think we only had 5 days over 90 degrees

7. aaronxxx

aaronxxx Well-Known Member

i wasn't aware that Cone made denim that heavy. I thought the heaviest they went was 14. Carry on.

8. budapest12

budapest12 Well-Known Member

Except they have got to be 12 oz. I have seen/felt plenty of 14.5, 16, 17 and 21 oz denim. These are light. Salesman said they were 12. Site must be dead wrong.

9. Jagger_On

Jagger_On Well-Known Member

Also, everybody that has tried them on this thread has said that they feel much lighter than the standard denim RRL uses.

10. Ghost01

Ghost01 Well-Known Member

Cone Mills do make 16oz but this fabric for RRL is an exclusive. Most of the fabric produced at Cone is available to all brands that's why some of it is quite generic and a little boring. I believe
    Levi's have the exclusive on the Cone Mills Shrink to fit fabric but other fabrics in LVC are generic open source fabrics.

They are definitely 12oz, i checked instore today. Definitely a mistake on the website.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  11. Trimalchio

Trimalchio Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's kind of a tease... I don't believe RRL has made a 16oz before, would have been cool.

12. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Well-Known Member

I got in my head that I was going to see if my store had the Roper wash denim in stock. Then I looked at the website again. Didn't realize these are $390! Yikes. Guess I'll try to see them in person anyway, but doubt I'll buy.

13. Trimalchio

Trimalchio Well-Known Member

I had the same reaction to the Black Blue jean. They did a very similar wash back in the day in slim fit and I've always thought about it. But at $390, that's just crazy.

14. kmdsimpson

I saw the Black Blue jean, as well - I have the old slim fits, and it's a great wash. I didn't notice the $390, though...

15. RRL CLOTHING

Anyone notice how much the Yen fell in recent weeks? Now would be a good time for RL to stock up on Jap denims...

16. kmdsimpson

Good idea. I don't think there's any hurry, though. Their finance minister claims there is more devaluation to come.

But does this make it harder for resellers in Japan? i.e.: more outlet merchandise stays in the States?

17. RRL CLOTHING

Definitely and not even just "outlet" but Retail stores will have a harder time moving merchandise because Japanese will have less money to work with and less money for travel expenses.

I'm curious to see RL's profits next quarter seeing how much Japanese tourism impacts their sales.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  18. Dynamics

Dynamics Well-Known Member

When's the next sale expected?

19. Saturdays

Saturdays Well-Known Member

end of march, early april. Giving in Style was around that time last year.

20. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Well-Known Member

Give In Style starts April 4th but RRL is excluded. So says Dastig to me.