1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. King Leer

King Leer Well-Known Member

None, thank god.

Hahahahahahahaha [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. pg600rr

pg600rr Well-Known Member

does it sound plausible that a new pair of slim boot raws in 30x34 actually measure 34" in the waist?? I have found some severe sizing discrepencies with the slimboot but this seems like a bit much...

For instance I bought a pair of the distressed slim boot in 32x34 and the waist measured 36-36.25... which was way too big. I bought another pair of of 32x34, distressed and they measured 34" and fit great...

3. ImBurningStarIV

ImBurningStarIV Well-Known Member

I have a pair of slim boots in 28x32, that measure 32 right now, and some slim fit's in the same size that measure 31

4. zissou

zissou Well-Known Member

I've found the sizing is all over the place, even from pair to pair in the same tagged size, and especially between models. I've had slim fits in 32W, which fit well, tried slim bootcuts in 32W, which were way too tight.

I finally found a pair of the straight leg natural denim, but got 33W based on the fits of the other models I've tried on. I think I definitely could have sized down to 32W, but I wanted to try something with a little more relaxed fit for summer. I'll see if I can put up a pic later today.

5. Dexter_

Dexter_ Well-Known Member

Can someone post comparison pics of the Officer chino in ghurka and khaki? TIA.

6. el duderino

el duderino Well-Known Member

Yes that is plausible. I have a pair of 30x34 slim boot which have a 34" waist. That's the reason I don't bother with eBay anymore for RRL denim unless I'm familiar with the wash and know it's a recent model. With older models, the sizing is all over the place and the sellers can't measure waists properly.

Even a few posts back someone had asked about straight leg sizing and just today I bought a pair from a boutique which had different sizing compared to one I had bought and returned on eBay. The eBay pair were a washed pair tagged 32" and they were true to size, but the rest of the jeans fit insanely large and I felt like I was back in highschool wearing huge ass skater pants.

The straight leg I bought today were a washed pair of pink line selvedge tagged 30 waist, with an actual 32 waist. Both had the non-upside down levis arcuate.

does it sound plausible that a new pair of slim boot raws in 30x34 actually measure 34" in the waist?? I have found some severe sizing discrepencies with the slimboot but this seems like a bit much...

For instance I bought a pair of the distressed slim boot in 32x34 and the waist measured 36-36.25... which was way too big. I bought another pair of of 32x34, distressed and they measured 34" and fit great...

7. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Well-Known Member

Does anyone know how the sizing and/or fit of Rugby jeans compares to RRL? I have a pair of Rugby rigid vintage slims. If I were to move up to RRL, should I expect sizing to be similar?

Also, these are low and really slim in the leg. I'd like more legroom. Is my understanding of RRL correct as:

Straight leg - least slim (this is the one that is cut like 501?)
    Slim Boot
    Low Straight - most slim

If this is correct, then I'm guessing my Rugbys are kind of like the Low Straight up top, but with slimmer legs?

Thanks.

8. oceansaway

oceansaway Well-Known Member

I have both the slim boots and the low straights and I think the slim boots are quite a bit slimmer.

9. el duderino

el duderino Well-Known Member

Had some time to kill today so figured it might be helpful to have fit pics of the slim boot, low straight, and straight leg. All are tagged 30 with 32 actual waist except for the slim boot which measures around 33. You can click on them for larger size.

Slim Bootcut:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Low Straight:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Straight Leg:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. zippyh

zippyh Well-Known Member

Can someone post comparison pics of the Officer chino in ghurka and khaki? TIA.

I think ghurka == khaki.
    Head over to the RL store at Ala Moana. I remember there was a really helpful guy working there who knew quite about about RRL.

11. otc

otc Well-Known Member

Had some time to kill today so figured it might be helpful to have fit pics of the slim boot, low straight, and straight leg. All are tagged 30 with 32 actual waist except for the slim boot which measures around 33. You can click on them for larger size.

Slim Bootcut:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Low Straight:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Straight Leg:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

nice work...thanks

12. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Well-Known Member

I have both the slim boots and the low straights and I think the slim boots are quite a bit slimmer.

Good info. Thanks.

Slim Bootcut:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Low Straight:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Straight Leg:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Awesome. Thanks for doing this.

13. King Leer

King Leer Well-Known Member

Cool. Yes I have the same Slim Bootcut Jeans as your top photos, but I tapered them slightly...
    Love em though; super comfortable and broke in nicely.

14. Motorsport226

Motorsport226 Well-Known Member

Ok, I just bought a pair of buckleback RRL's.

The leg opening is 9 inches, and I was wondering if it's possible to have a tailor take it in to 8 inches.

Is this a fairly standard procedure? How much would it cost? Thanks!

15. Dexter_

Dexter_ Well-Known Member

I think ghurka == khaki.
    Head over to the RL store at Ala Moana. I remember there was a really helpful guy working there who knew quite about about RRL.

Yeah, I need to talk to the resident RRL expert over there. The one I talked to gave me wrong info (told me that the standards were officers and vice versa [​IMG] [​IMG] ). I was able to talk to someone knowledgeable at the Melrose store and gave me the heads up on who to talk to over here.

FWIW, the SA at Melrose mentioned that the officer chinos comes in three colors: Khaki, Ghurka and Black. They also released a limited selvedge version as well.

16. Motorsport226

Motorsport226 Well-Known Member

So the general consensus on the officer chino is that they're 2 inches bigger than tagged, and they stretch as well? I know this has been asked, sorry, lot of pages to sift through.

Thanks!

17. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Well-Known Member

Ghurka is sort of a greenish-khaki. Very nice, but not classic dark sand/khaki color.

yes, they run 2" big in the waist against tagged size. stretch is likely influenced by how tight/loose you wear them. looser=less stretch.

yes, they make a ltd. edition officer in a selvedge, which only comes on one color=darker khaki. sixzing is same, though the fit is affected a little by the difference in fabric weight (ltd. edition is much tighter weave/heavier).

if you search this thread for "limited edition chino" or something like that you'll find great pics from whodini of these, as well as some of the reg. officer chinos (I think).

18. zippyh

zippyh Well-Known Member

Yeah, I need to talk to the resident RRL expert over there. The one I talked to gave me wrong info (told me that the standards were officers and vice versa [​IMG] [​IMG] ). I was able to talk to someone knowledgeable at the Melrose store and gave me the heads up on who to talk to over here.

FWIW, the SA at Melrose mentioned that the officer chinos comes in three colors: Khaki, Ghurka and Black. They also released a limited selvedge version as well.

I think the guy at ala moana RL was Brandon or something like that.

19. oceansaway

oceansaway Well-Known Member

Has anybody had a chance to lay their hands on this season's RRL cargo pants? Here's a photo of the ones I'm referring to. I'm wondering about the fit, whether loose or straight, and the heft of the fabric, whether light or heavy. Thanks.
    [​IMG]

20. edubs01

edubs01 Well-Known Member

I saw the cargos at the Prince St store....they are cool...but madd pricey...I think $295....