1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. harveyrabbit

harveyrabbit Well-Known Member

If I didn't already own this I would buy it. Nice opportunity for someone.

2. Dynamics

Dynamics Well-Known Member

Appreciate the help and info my man.

3. Froosh

Froosh Well-Known Member

UK site gets three diff colors for the slim fit chinos :/
    Still want to know how these fit in comparison to officers, no response from RL about them.

4. Digmenow

Digmenow Well-Known Member

Much like E.A.'s request above, I stumbled across these. They're marked 32/32 and have some extra room in the ankles as if they are a boot cut. Do the belt loops say anything special (like...women's? :eh: ) or are they just a basic western thing? Actual color is a light chocolate. First pic is best color. Thanks in advance.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
  5. harveyrabbit

That belt loop has been used on other pants. I think the last I saw it on was the Bedford pants from the Deadwood collection, so a basic western thing seems about right. I don't know the particular pants you stumbled across, but I like them. Enjoy.

6. harveyrabbit

The Spring 2011 Officer chinos from the Blake contest without end were a 10.5 oz. This was the Spring weight mind you, but they were still substantial. I also have the RRL officer chino in 11 oz, and that .5 oz makes them even more substantial, in a great heavy twill cotton. This season's 11.5 oz makes me really want to check those out because I would think that weight would be even more impressive.

Regular chinos, not the Officer version have typically weighed less, generally in the 8.5 oz range. I can't help but wonder if you didn't get a pair of regular chinos affixed with the tag of an Officer version. This might explain the discrepancy between the tag weight and the stamped weight on the pants.

PSA- These pants are awesome. They are like an updated and slimmed down version of the Charleston buckle backs from a couple of seasons ago. Basically a buckle back Officers chino, with a weight of 10.5-11 oz (pants are not stamped). The great improvement on this version is the use of posts instead of sewn on buttons. Anyone that had the officers chino from the Blake contest knows that the buttons were a pain because they just couldn't keep up with the wear and seemed likely to pop off at any time.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
  7. AriGold

AriGold Well-Known Member

unfortunately the ones online that say 10.5oz are actually only 9.23oz. If you order them then you'll see!

8. stevent

stevent Well-Known Member

All this weight discussion had me actually check the pair I bought during give in style. Surprisingly they are 10.5oz, when I thought they were 9.23 oz

9. AriGold

oh really... i stand corrected. When i bought mine a month ago I asked the store to order them in for me to try on... both were 9.23oz.

Has anyone seen both of these to compare?

10. stickshift

stickshift Well-Known Member

11. zippyh

zippyh Well-Known Member

The pair I just got via Ralph sale are 10.5oz.
    The pair I bought about a little over a year ago from Context are 9.23oz.

12. AriGold

hi zippy, how do the 10.5oz compare with the 9.23oz? is there a marked quality difference? Do you prefer one over another? do they fit differently?

I am considering also getting a pair of 10.5oz ones now...

13. prajna12

prajna12 Well-Known Member

14. indigoeagle

indigoeagle Well-Known Member

I bought these on the European site.
    http://www.ralphlauren.de/product/index.jsp?productId=8339041
    Both on the site and on the tag on the pants it says 11.5 oz. "Reproduction of 1940s British military officer model rendered in rigid 11.5 oz. left-hand selvedge twill developed exclusively for RRL."
    But in the pocket stamp it says 9.23oz.
    They clearly are the rigid twill ones. However, it seems they have an older version here in Europe.

15. zippyh

zippyh Well-Known Member

I also have a pair from about 3 years ago which are marked 11oz.
    To be honest, I didn't really notice that the 10.5oz ones I just got were different from the 9.23oz.
    All I've done with the new ones is to try them on to make sure they fit the same, which they do.
    They also fit the same as the old 11oz ones.

I kinda prefer the 9.23oz over the 11oz because it's not so stiff but it's a very slight preference.

16. Kensington

Kensington Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  17. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Well-Known Member

18. somatoform

somatoform Well-Known Member

That is one beautiful jacket, Prajna. For a much cheaper alternative there is the Orvis munitions:

http://www.orvis.com/store/product.aspx?pf_id=2C0Y

I like the RRL much better - the zip cuffs, padded shoulders, breast pockets, and hide.

If I wasn't so enamored right now with a Himel Brothers Heron '29 for a leather jacket I might remotely consider the RRL.

19. deez nuts

deez nuts Well-Known Member

20. Saturdays

Saturdays Well-Known Member