1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Froosh

Froosh Well-Known Member

2. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Well-Known Member

I just noticed on my new officer chinos that the waistband is alterable. So should be an easy job for a tailor and will look right.

3. Saturdays

Saturdays Well-Known Member

Ah yes, one of the qualities of the officer chino is this, didn't think about it. Its construction partially made to allow easy alteration. :slayer:

4. dusttruffle

dusttruffle Well-Known Member

kmdsimpson - what size did you go for in the rigid?

Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  5. King Leer

King Leer Well-Known Member

Yeah the Officer's Chinos are very alterable - save for the button fly area which is pretty finely constructed.

6. sazon

sazon Well-Known Member

Anytime I've gotten the waist altered on cotton trousers, the old stitching lines look horrible. Anyone ever let these chinos OUT and have good results?

7. hoit1981

hoit1981 Well-Known Member

I've noticed a few of the RRL items are currently described as being made of "Shaker Wool". I can only imagine that this means wool made by Shakers in the USA?! Does anyone know if this "Shaker Wool" is particularly renowned for some reason and if so, what are it's qualities?

8. kmdsimpson

I went 32 x 34. The waist measures maybe a tad less than 34.5. Inseam is about 34.5. Thigh is 11.75; the thigh is why I can't go down a size.

9. poorman

poorman Well-Known Member

Nice, what's the address? :D

10. Saturdays

Just follow the right FedEx truck from North Carolina to Minnesota, you'll find me then!

11. deez nuts

deez nuts Well-Known Member

NYC'ers, recommendations on a good tailor in the city? good work, reasonable price?

i scooped a vintage RL jacket, something that's been a grail of mine for a few years now. finally saw one brand new with tags and a decent price. i've heard the fitting is weird on this jacket, so i will probably have to take in the sides.

12. kmdsimpson

Uh, you can't post the word "grail" without pics!

13. Winston S.

Winston S. Well-Known Member

14. BrunnerDominic

BrunnerDominic Well-Known Member

question:
    are the low straight's much roomier in the thighs than the slims? I find the slim's to fit great in the thighs but a bit too big in the waist - if I'm sizing down (from a 30 to a 29) the thighs are just too tight for my taste. will the low straights fit me better throughout? unfortunately i have no chance of trying them on myself atm...

15. Saturdays

[​IMG]

This guy...Doug Bihlmeier, he is Head of RL Vintage, part of the reason why we love RRL

16. slide13

slide13 Well-Known Member

Has anybody seen this seasons officer chino in store? The website lists them at 11.5oz and I ordered a pair that showed up today but the pocket bags are stamped as 10.5oz. I know 10.5oz was used in the past. Not sure if these are old stock or if the website is wrong. Emailed RL but not sure how long they'll be to respond and figured somebody here who has access to a RRL shop has maybe checked them out. Not a big deal, but I already have a pair in the 9oz range from last season and was pretty excited about the extra heavy fabric listed for this season.

17. kmdsimpson

I just bought a pair. Mine are stamped 9.23. Mine are from a store; are the web ones different?

18. Froosh

Froosh Well-Known Member

I think that they're all considered the same selvedge chino, just different runs with varying fabric weights (9.23, 9.75, 10.5 etc.). For example, I noticed on ebay that the washed black officer chinos come in two weights, 7.93oz and 8.65oz.

19. hoit1981

hoit1981 Well-Known Member

I always use the Tailoring Room in the LES. Awesome service and great prices. Only issue is that they can get backed up so its worth phoning to see how busy they are.

20. deez nuts

deez nuts Well-Known Member

i love varsity jackets and this is by far my favorite one RL has ever made. photos arent great (just did a quick google image search), but here it is.

[​IMG]