1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Jsoftz

Jsoftz Well-Known Member

Yeah- I figured it would be too western for SF. I don't feel too bad, though. I'm a native Texan going out in Austin to go country western dancing... So at least it matches the decor. Most days, even with boots are not nearly as influenced.

2. srgprod

srgprod Well-Known Member

Polo private sale is on.

30-50% off on RRL Heartland, Lighthouse, etc. Windships and Kon Tiki are excluded.

3. gumercindo

gumercindo Well-Known Member

Polo private sale is on.

30-50% off on RRL Heartland, Lighthouse, etc. Windships and Kon Tiki are excluded.

woah, already? The thing I got in the mail for the 40% off deal starts June 7th.

4. Rayson

Rayson Well-Known Member

Yeah- I figured it would be too western for SF.

Well, I'm not Style Forum but I say that looks good.

5. Froosh

Froosh Well-Known Member

Polo private sale is on.

Awesome... Sigh, how nice it would be to have an RRL nearby.

6. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

Awesome... Sigh, how nice it would be to have an RRL nearby.
    the nearest RRL is 1.5 hours away. I consider myself lucky

7. aj_del

aj_del Well-Known Member

What should be the back rise of size 32 low straights ? I asked prajna to measure the back rise for a jeans I am interested in and he measured it as 13". That seems too short to me, even for low straights ...

8. paul_s

paul_s Well-Known Member

What should be the back rise of size 32 low straights ? I asked prajna to measure the back rise for a jeans I am interested in and he measured it as 13". That seems too short to me, even for low straights ...

I have a pair in my closet that are one rinse, never been washed, worn a few times and using http://blueingreensoho.com/site/inde...tent&task=view they are much closer to 15 inches.

9. jimmyfingers

jimmyfingers Well-Known Member

I work with a guy at Polo that is headed down to the LBV outlet store outside of Orlando. I believe this is the biggest Polo outlet with whole walls of PSR or RRL and PL. Needless to say, I am giving him some money. Last guy that went down there, was able to pick up 3 pairs of RRL chains in his size all for less than 20 dollars a piece.

10. eczerwonka

eczerwonka Well-Known Member

I work with a guy at Polo that is headed down to the LBV outlet store outside of Orlando. I believe this is the biggest Polo outlet with whole walls of PSR or RRL and PL. Needless to say, I am giving him some money. Last guy that went down there, was able to pick up 3 pairs of RRL chains in his size all for less than 20 dollars a piece.
    I usually hit the 2 bigger premium outlet malls here in Orlando once a month to check and one of them usually has a handful of RRL pieces but in the sales racks and the Barneys Outlet in the same mall has a few. The LBV stores I've never even known about... must check out this weekend. Thanks for posting that [​IMG]

11. eczerwonka

eczerwonka Well-Known Member

I misunderstood. I headed to the LBV "Factory" stores and found they didn't even have an RL shop... durrr. Headed over the the other store where I've seen RRL quite a bit and they had quite a few jeans, some vests, lots of plain t's and polos and a few shirts at at 75% off the sale prices. I picked up and blue selvage oxford for $32. Not a bad shirt but retail was $180???? Ouch, my wife thought it mislabeled [​IMG]

12. whodini

whodini Well-Known Member

Yeah- I figured it would be too western for SF.
    Never.

[​IMG]
    RRL going on five years.

13. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

I misunderstood. I headed to the LBV "Factory" stores and found they didn't even have an RL shop... durrr. Headed over the the other store where I've seen RRL quite a bit and they had quite a few jeans, some vests, lots of plain t's and polos and a few shirts at at 75% off the sale prices. I picked up and blue selvage oxford for $32. Not a bad shirt but retail was $180???? Ouch, my wife thought it mislabeled [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. edubs01

edubs01 Well-Known Member

Does anybody own any of the solid color crewneck or v-neck tees?
    Thoughts?

15. grundletaint

grundletaint Well-Known Member

love them, but don't put them in the dryer...

16. Rayson

Rayson Well-Known Member

Does anybody own any of the solid color crewneck or v-neck tees?
    Thoughts?

I have some crew necks. Love them. I have plenty of Sunspel, which is the company that makes my other favourite T-shirts, and the RRL seem to compare well in terms of quality.

17. Rayson

Rayson Well-Known Member

love them, but don't put them in the dryer...
    I feel I have to be careful with any decent stuff. Wash at gentle low temps, stick on handwash cycle and drip-dry etc.

18. Rayson

Rayson Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Ah, great stuff.

19. Rayson

Rayson Well-Known Member

For any RL fans I suggest you read the book Genuine Authentic
    I've read this now. I was already ambivalent about Ralph Lauren, to say the least, so thought the all-around bitchiness might help ween me off RRL a little, but no. Hugely useful, though. Helps me understand big business practices (and fuckups).

20. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Well-Known Member

RRL going on five years.

slim bootcuts? look amazing ... post closeups when you get a chance