1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. osadolor619

osadolor619 Well-Known Member

Look, it just pisses me off that he scoops up all this inventory and basically makes it unavailable at reasonable prices.

True... [​IMG]

2. osadolor619

+1. Btw, I got the shipment this morning. Thanks!

My pleasure!

3. Rayson

Rayson Well-Known Member

Look, it just pisses me off that he scoops up all this inventory and basically makes it unavailable at reasonable prices.

I understand that's the only real problem for most. I doubt many people have developed the kind of aversion I have. One of my favourite microbreaks at the moment is typing "rrl" into eBay so it's difficult for me to move on because he's invaded one of the tiny fun parts of my life. Ah fuck, I'm talking about him again. Right, that's it.

4. Rayson

Rayson Well-Known Member

I see some of what we would consider the most run of the mill factory accessible RL pieces being sold in European shops like they are something special.

Plenty of things are more expensive in the UK compared to the US. The last time I checked, the Brooks Brothers price policy for here was just to change dollar to pound signs. That's rough. Get a pair of RRL low straights from a shop and you hand over the equivalent of $440-$600.

5. AJNovak

AJNovak Member

Just got this in the mail today from the Mansion. I was there a few weeks ago and just loved this sweater and couldn't resist getting it.

For the RRL experts, is there any cool info or a name for the sweater? I believe it is from the Heartland collection.

[​IMG]

6. osadolor619

Just got this in the mail today from the Mansion. I was there a few weeks ago and just loved this sweater and couldn't resist getting it.

For the RRL experts, is there any cool info or a name for the sweater? I believe it is from the Heartland collection.

[​IMG]

WOW, that's risky... How much did it run u? $700?

7. AJNovak

AJNovak Member

WOW, that's risky... How much did it run u? $700?
    Yes. Why risky? Because of a sale or ?

8. osadolor619

Yes. Why risky? Because of a sale or ?

No no no.. I mean the sweater itself is risky. Most people can't pull that off because it's so different. If I was a millionaire like you, I definitely would've purchased one too... Nice sweater.

9. el duderino

el duderino Well-Known Member

That cardi wasn't in the collection booklet so no extra info on it. That plus the jackrabbit are the best pieces of the season imo. Pretty easy to wear just need to pair it with the right pants

10. osadolor619

RRL makes me want to be a millionaire.[​IMG]

11. Froosh

Froosh Well-Known Member

Thanks for the input on the shirts guys, I'll be on the lookout for some of those custom fits and selvedge oxfords.

On a side note, the western denim shirt (2009, pocket embroidery, hairy slubby denim) that I bought off srgprod (thanks!) arrived today, this thing is awesome and it fits like a glove. With the length of this shirt, do you guys tuck or untuck? If the RRL or PRL oxfords fit similar I'll be real happy!

12. poorman

poorman Well-Known Member

WHAT THE FUCK! That patchwork cardigan is amazing!

13. wEstSidE

wEstSidE Well-Known Member

dude at RL store near me has it. i tried to buy it off him but he wouldnt sell. it is fucking awesome.

14. edubs01

edubs01 Well-Known Member

Very cool piece indeed.
    Looking to grab a pair of faded black cargo shorts this weekend....

15. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    epic [​IMG]

16. engar

engar Well-Known Member

A couple of pics from japan rrl retailers:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Looks pretty good.

17. slide13

slide13 Well-Known Member

That is pretty cool. Remind me of a patchwork version of my shawl collar cardigan from the Lighthouse collection...without the shawl collar of course. Some of the pieces look to be of the same knit/fabric.

18. el duderino

el duderino Well-Known Member

That is pretty cool. Remind me of a patchwork version of my shawl collar cardigan from the Lighthouse collection...without the shawl collar of course. Some of the pieces look to be of the same knit/fabric.

That's the thing about RRL in general. Since they aren't making loads of money they don't often have completely new models. The bulk of the pieces they release are the same item just in diff colorways/fabrics or minor switches like shawl collar cardi vs shawl pullover cardi etc.

The lighthouse shawl was terrycloth though so the patchwork cardi doesn't have anything similar other than the cuff/placket weave

19. james_timothy

james_timothy Well-Known Member

Polo made a tweed version of that sweater a couple years ago- I'm pretty sure Salad was wearing it in the photos from the last SF meetup.

20. srgprod

srgprod Well-Known Member

Polo made a tweed version of that sweater a couple years ago- I'm pretty sure Salad was wearing it in the photos from the last SF meetup.
    That sweater was off the charts! I think it was Purple Label. $ 1,200 but worth it. The patchwork was amazing and it wasn't very busy or ostentatious at all. The limited edition stuff RL turns out are world class. I'm amazed that they can produce so many interesting and different designs and still keep within their signature style.