1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. patrick_b

patrick_b Well-Known Member

2. styleforumfan

styleforumfan Well-Known Member

I have a RRL package stolen from my front door today. I'm pretty sure it was stolen as I'm expecting various packages from both FedEx and UPS but nothing was there when I got home. Tracking shows there were all delivered. Is RL pretty good about delivery issue like this because I paid with RL GC?

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  3. zippyh

zippyh Well-Known Member

Had a package go missing a few days before last xmas. Tracking showed it was delivered but I was home at the time and had heard the UPS truck drive past and not stop. Sent email to customer service asking them to initiate a trace with UPS. I got a refund a few days later.

4. koidragon

koidragon Well-Known Member

Does anyone know when the next in store sale discount will be?

5. deez nuts

deez nuts Well-Known Member

long time fellas!

i have that indigo cotton overshirt, but a sample version. love it. when i find it i'll post pics.

6. styleforumfan

I was told it'll be in early to mid May.

7. styleforumfan

Has anyone been to the LA RRL flagship store on Melrose? Is the selection much better than the usual online places or don't bother?

8. bobbo28

bobbo28 New Member

I've been to RRL Melrose a bunch of times... they have a great selection in an iconic building. I don't know which places you're referring to online but if you're in SoCal it's definitely worth stopping by.

I'm currently in Tokyo on vacation and the RRL store here (part of a larger RL) is off the chain.... I was there today, picked up the INDIGO KNIT COTTON WORKSHIRT.... I had to buy something (they have EVERYTHING). The workshirt is an iconic piec... as recommended on this forum, definitely size down -1.

9. styleforumfan

I'm referring to the RL site and Stag.

10. indigoeagle

indigoeagle Well-Known Member

Do you have a pic of that?
    Sounds intriguing.

11. edubs01

edubs01 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

12. McSp

McSp Member

I don't get this new website, how can I go to B&S for RRL products only?

13. spauldingsmails

spauldingsmails Active Member

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017 at 3:32 PM
    Jagger_On, oynag and patrick_b like this.
  14. patrick_b

patrick_b Well-Known Member

15. Jagger_On

Jagger_On Well-Known Member

Thought I'd give this another shot before I move this suit on. I'm looking for the trousers to match this suit from SS15 in a size 36 or 38. Please send me a message if you're willing to sell them as the ones I have in a 34 aren't going to work out unfortunately.

rrl-gray-wool-bryant-sport-coat-product-1-26916181-0-176956221-normal.jpeg rrl-gray-windowpane-wool-bryant-vest-product-1-27455330-0-491487195-normal.jpeg ralph-lauren-rrl-windowpane-wool-bryant-vest-original-305102.jpg

16. oynag

oynag Well-Known Member

Field Report: Fillmore Ralph Lauren Store, San Francisco

Visited the city last weekend and had a chance to stop by the Ralph Lauren store. This is where it started for me so it's nostalgic. Double RL inhabits a small section of the store, though they still manage to carry a broad selection of the previous and most current seasons. A few things I tried on and some notes...

[​IMG]

Fits true to size. Color less vibrant (that will be a theme) in person. Didn't love the large pockets. Liked the weight.

[​IMG]

I had seen this online and was mildly curious. That turned into pleasantly surprised when I tried it on. Good fit- the site says "vintage-inspired fit", worried that would be boxy. It isn't. This isn't something I'd usually go for, but I liked it a lot. Ended up buying this.

[​IMG]

Had to try it. This runs a little small. The sleeves are unlike the usual varsity jacket style- they are much more streamlined and slim. I'm almost always a medium but this felt tight across the shoulders. I'd recommend sizing up.

[​IMG]

And the main reason I went in: to try this on. I've watched this since it came online. The colors are much more muted in a good way. The site picture is too harsh. I expected this to fit like a Matlock, with room for a shirt underneath. Surprised that it didn't. This is a slim-fit shirt, cut tight and without room for layering. Great material and details. Because I had it in my head that this would be more of an overshirt, I didn't like it as much as I thought I would. I'll keep an eye on it when it goes on sale and maybe size up to a large.

cj610 likes this.