1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. deez nuts

deez nuts Well-Known Member

I got a few things, will post when I have some down time. Really great prices. If you're a size medium in RRL, it was heaven.

2. hoit1981

hoit1981 Well-Known Member

Where was it?

3. Bobbo316

Bobbo316 Well-Known Member

The brown wash slim's came in today. They are nice but definitely not the color on the website. They are much darker; selvedge with red lines.

1 person likes this.
  4. Dirty Denim

Dirty Denim Well-Known Member

What a damn bummer. That color looked so damn good

5. ispace

ispace Well-Known Member

Can you post a photo including the selvedge? I've got last season's dark brown slims & wonder if they're much different. Are they washed or raw?

6. clee1982

clee1982 Well-Known Member

I'm like what sample sale... :embar: ?

1 person likes this.
  7. Bobbo316

Here's the brown slim's, with the Valdez jacket.
    They are washed.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5 people like this.
  8. Dirty Denim

Dirty Denim Well-Known Member

Oh those are fricken amazing . Love the jacket which may be one of the better releases this year.

By the way love the Vibergs

9. aquila49

aquila49 Well-Known Member

They don't have an issue. They routinely brighten and oversaturate colors to make clothing look more attractive. It's a real nuisance for consumers.

Case in point, the Griggs leather jacket. Nice, well-made piece, but its actual appearance is very different from the item featured on ralphlauren.com.

Image on the left is from the Ralph Lauren web site; the image on the right is the actual jacket.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  10. ManofKent

ManofKent Well-Known Member

Has anyone got a list of UK/Euro stockists? End still stock it, and PhilipBrowne has a small selection, but it seems to have largely disappeared on this side of the pond.

11. DorianGray

DorianGray Member

The RRL Store on Mount Street in London and the Denim Department in the Liberty Basement Both stock a lot of Pieces, online in the UK Mr Porter Stocks a big asortment and in the Netherlands Frans Boone.

12. ManofKent

ManofKent Well-Known Member

13. buzzlulu

buzzlulu Well-Known Member

EXACTLY. It is a constant source of aggravation for me. Funny you mentioned the Griggs jacket. When I first saw the picture online I absolutely fell in love with it. Once I saw it in person at the store what a disappointment. You would think they would wake up to this fact - it sure would start to reduce the, what I imagine to be, large number of returns due to the item looking different from the online photo

14. walds11

walds11 Well-Known Member

It's VERY frustrating! Just look at my posts on the previous page about the Slim Fit New Mexico wash jeans. The jeans are considerably lighter in the photos that the SA provided compared to the online photos. I've returned quite a few things because the items looked much different than the online photos.

15. avera

avera Active Member

I ordered four things from the website using the 40% of code that popped up last week. Expecting the goods on Monday. I got the red t-shirt with the wings. I tried it on at the Melrose store back in June and really liked it. When I was there, at least one of the SAs was wearing the cotton/hemp chambray shirt with the blue buttons. It looked great so I ordered that as well. I also ordered the jaspe pants. I have had at least three pairs of these over the years from RRL. I am hoping these will be as slim as they look in the pictures because my old ones fit like clown pants now. Lastly, I got the white thermal henley. I have lots of thermals and lots of henleys but don't have the combo yet. We'll see what gets kept.

16. zissou

zissou Well-Known Member

Man, denim vault gets some nice stuff, but his prices are about 30% higher than anyone else. :(

17. kbrenns

kbrenns Member

These look great!! Did you order your actual size or size down expecting that they'll stretch? I've never worn RRL denim and I've read that they can stretch considerably. Thanks!

18. subdivide

subdivide Well-Known Member

This RRL jacket was Spring 2012. Or maybe Fall 2011?

I've been looking for it in a size Medium - anyone here interested in selling it? The photo is from a current eBay auction for a size XL.

[​IMG]

19. Bobbo316

Thanks man much appreciated. It took much experimenting to dial in all my RRL sizes and I still occasionally miss on things like one off limited edition pieces or the leather jackets.

That said, I take my typically size for slim fit. These jeans are washed and pre distressed so the stretch is not as much as a raw denim would be. I will admit that I have way to many clothes so I will wear these maybe 1 time a month.

20. kbrenns

kbrenns Member

Thank you sir! Super bummed I missed the 40% off, would've snapped these up quickly (though I did pick up the Patterson indigo shirt). May grab these anyway, they look outstanding!