1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Bobbo316

Bobbo316 Well-Known Member

Yes if it's in inventory somewhere they will order and honor the price.

2. gumercindo

gumercindo Well-Known Member

Sadly, I called the bleeker store and they gave me the online sale price plus 25%. Nowhere near 311

3. papillo

papillo Well-Known Member

Oh that's really unfortunate. I was quoted that $310 and some change over the phone for one of the Ny stores (cant remember the exact one) and the Melrose store in LA this past weekend. Melrose had my size but it was on hold for someone else

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  4. jhcam8

jhcam8 Well-Known Member

I like indigo. It's all the rage now. I imagine going to someone's home (boss, in-laws, finace's parents, etc) wearing my indigo selvedge and sweater and being invited to sit on a beautiful, silk upholstered chair.
    Maybe I say: "Thanks, anyway, but I prefer to stand." or if it's a dinner and they have light upholstered chairs, "I have to eat standing up due to a folding colon." Or, worse, I forgetfully sit down.

Man, sometimes I think it's more trouble than it's worth.

2 people like this.
  5. meso

meso Well-Known Member

You're forgetting the time six months from now when you pass a rando bro on the street who actually recognizes what you're wearing and get a knowing nod. It. all. builds. up. to. that.

6. jhcam8

jhcam8 Well-Known Member

Shit - you're right.
    - thanks for straightening me out, bro!

7. MasterOfDomains

MasterOfDomains Well-Known Member

Anyone purchase this? Got it the other day and the shoulders are a bit longer than I'm used to, was wondering if thats just the way it fits....

[​IMG]

8. captainshields

captainshields Well-Known Member

Is there by any chance a 10% code out there?
    Want to buy some full price accessories.

Thanks guys!

9. boxdok

boxdok Well-Known Member

I just called my local store here in Atlanta and i just placed an order for the indigo shawl collar cardigan for 310. I also got indigo cardigan jacket for 230 or so. I got quoted for 350 on the leather vest with the indigo back. I passed on it though. I wasn't too sure i could pull off the leather vest look.

10. harveyrabbit

harveyrabbit Well-Known Member

Wh

Which indigo cardigan are you referencing?

11. boxdok

boxdok Well-Known Member

I got these two.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. clee1982

clee1982 Well-Known Member

13. BaronFizzwell

BaronFizzwell Well-Known Member

I was thinking of getting some of these myself. Have you got any of the other Henleys from the past year or so? If so, how do the shoulders compare to them?

14. MasterOfDomains

I've tried on a few in the past and those had fit a little better in that area. This is my first time purchasing one though.. And it was over the phone.
    Overall a great shirt.. The fabric is thick and doesnt have much give lol. I wish the neck was a little more roomier... I imagine itll give after a few wears.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2015
  15. BaronFizzwell

BaronFizzwell Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  16. elisiX

elisiX Well-Known Member

Apologies if this is a silly question. I've tried a number of ways to find the answer but haven't had much luck so far.

The pair I'm curious about is the RRL Slim Fit 'stillwater' Jean. https://unionmadegoods.com/product/rrl-slim-fit-denim-in-stillwater-wash/

I've put on a little unwanted weight in recent months, so my previously perfect fitting Acne Max Raw in 32/32 no longer fit comfortably.

I tried on a pair of 33/32 Acne Max Raw (stretch) and they were still a little snug but wearable. A 34/32 would have been perfect.

Naturally I'm intending on getting back into my older 32/32 pair, but that might not happen very quickly.

I'm at a loss as to weather for the meantime I should buy a 33/32 or 34/32 in the above mentioned RRL pair.

I've read mixed opinions about how sizing works. I've seen guys who claim to be a 32 buy 29's, but that might have been in a new rigid pair.

Thanks.

17. rrlHEAD

rrlHEAD Active Member

I have two pairs of those jeans. One is tagged 32/32 and the other is tagged 33/32. They both have a waist that measures exactly 35" and a length of 32" so it's really hard to go by the size on the tag. That's why I prefer to buy on eBay from sellers who give exact measurements.

18. MasterOfDomains

Anyone have the bulldog workshirt? I would like to see a picture of it... I know those ralph site pics can be misleading.
    [​IMG]

19. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Well-Known Member

I do. definitely more washed out than the website implies.

Just got in the door, I'll take a couple pics in a bit and upload

20. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Well-Known Member

sorry, its dark here now.

it's definitely more on the washed end of the spectrum, which I was happy to see

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.