1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Nofelet

Nofelet New Member

Hi all!
    Some pick up from rl_shop, faded blue Officer Chino

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  2. Nofelet

Nofelet New Member

I`ve got a RRL Straight Leg from that seller. One rivet has lost after few days wearing. It`s a very poor comunication with that seller besides that. One word - Russian roulette!

3. walds11

walds11 Well-Known Member

If anyone is looking for a pair of camo cargo pants, I definitely recommend the Camo Cotton Surplus Cargo Pant. Very nice, high quality, attention to detail medium weight cargo pants. The fit is in between a low-straight and straight fit, definitely not baggy. The leg openings are 8", so not too big there. I went with 32/32 which is what I wear in the low-straight. They have adjustable buckle tabs which helps you dial in a nice fit at the waist. I also considered the olive Regiment Cargo Pant. The olive ones are definitely more versatile. Actually, even right before I took the tags off the camo ones yesterday, I debated on exchanging for the olive ones. It came down to how,I was going to wear these, so off went the tags. And the camo ones are made with ripstop material so I can beat them up more. Here is a quick pic...

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  4. MasterOfDomains

MasterOfDomains Well-Known Member

In a 6 month time frame, I would have not washed these as much as you did.

5. Cooly

Cooly Well-Known Member

There is no way I could have "not" washed them. They smell too bad after 3-4weeks for me personally.

Either I wear them more than most people or other people just have lower olfactory standards.

I do everything - bicycle, hike, walk my dogs, along with the daily grind, I'm very active in them.

Last edited: May 3, 2015
  6. notwithit

notwithit Well-Known Member

I cannot emphasize strongly enough that you should wash your jeans when they're dirty, they smell bad, &c. The 'don't wash for six months' ethos that Nudie pushes (and other companies parrot) is kind of ridiculous (kind of like sizing down to ball-crushing and movement-constricting levels) and a sure-fire method to develop premature crotch blow-outs.

Jeans look great, btw.

7. urbanwoodsman

urbanwoodsman Well-Known Member

Gonna have to echo the above sentiments: wash your jeans when they're filthy and smelly. Also, I'd recommend a 30-45 minute cold soak before breaking in a new pair. As I understand it, the starch takes away from the longevity of jeans (leads to early blowouts, etc.), and soaking them, even if only for a short amount of time, removes the starch. Now, the counter-argument is that your jeans won't develop the same "sick fades," but I disagree with that, as cold water (I'd soak them in freezing water) will not release or loosen the indigo to the same extent a warm soak or hot soak will. A few brands (3Sixteen being one of them) agree with the pre-wear cold soak, but as always, it's a matter of preference.

Those jeans look great! Would love to see how they look after another 6 months of intense use.

8. Cooly

Cooly Well-Known Member

We
    I'll give it to RRL as far as quality/durability goes. I could have never gone this far with a cheap pair of Levi's or something without the knees or crotch going. These are keeping up very well. I really don't see any signs of imminent damage/blowouts (knock on wood).

I'm wearing the aforementioned jeans as I type ...actually having a RRL day - also sporting the tradesman shirt from this spring I just got from the sale...

I'll try to update again in 3-6 months - hope they last - I'll think about repairs if they don't.

Last edited: May 4, 2015
  9. sacafotos

sacafotos Well-Known Member

I really wanted to love that jacket. The itchy wool, short length, and high pockets were all deal breakers.

It's such a handsome piece. Nice pick up, man.

10. jp2k1

jp2k1 Well-Known Member

Thanks man, its a "street" piece so I dont think a more refined wool like you see in their recent peacoat would really work with the vintage look of the cotton moleskin that makes up most of the jacket.

11. Dino19

Dino19 Well-Known Member

Do you guys wear the same size jeans in raw / rigid / one wash & the washed distressed of the same fit?

I'm trying to buy a pair of distressed slim fit but I have no chance of trying & return is also not an option for me because I have to proxy. I only have a pair of one wash.

ANy inputs / comments would be much appreciated.

12. boxdok

boxdok Well-Known Member

I wear the same size in both raw and washed. I will admit the washed are a little bit slimmer nut its not really noticeable

13. ericleavitt

ericleavitt Well-Known Member

FUCK. The Houndstooth Williamson Pants and Striped Popover Shirt in my size sold out...

14. gumercindo

gumercindo Well-Known Member

Yep, take it from me. I had a great pair of low straights that I had to buckle and wash b/c I would be very active in them and sweat quite a bit (with dancing). They got so bad they absolutely wreaked just after 3-4 months of wear. Freezer wouldn't work. I had to wash in hot wash and air dry in the sun - did this 2 times in 2-3 weeks just to get that stench out. Now, I rarely go a long time b/w washes if I sweat. If I'm just casually using them, sure, I can go 6-8 months without a wash, but many people don't wear them like that.

15. accent1220

accent1220 Member

are there any 'worn in' shots of the selvedge RRL chinos? do they develop or fade at all? obviously not to the extent of raw denim, but at all?

1 person likes this.
  16. oynag

oynag Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 5, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  17. captainshields

captainshields Well-Known Member

Hey guys.
    Just bought these shorts on ebay.
    Realized after buying them that the ebay description says they were women's, and the seller says that they were listed as and billed to him as Women's by Ralph Lauren Corporate (whatever that means).

Anyone know if these really are women's or not?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Dino19

Dino19 Well-Known Member

I was thinking if I want to size up to have abit of room in the washed model as my one-wash fits snug on the waist but not uncomfortable.

19. Ghost01

Ghost01 Well-Known Member

They're not women's. they're the mens Cargo shorts.

.[​IMG]

20. captainshields

captainshields Well-Known Member

The color and length of mine look different though.
    The color is more of an OD green, not dark olive. (and definitely not faded black).
    Although, they in no way look like they could or should be women's.