1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. ktown

ktown Well-Known Member

My chinos definitely looked different after first wash, which was in the washing machine. They became more rugged-looking and more wrinkly. I too prefer the newer, crisper look. Ironing also doesn't seem to help because the material is so thick. I have another pair on their way and I will probably hand wash for that pair.

2. pdxvegan

pdxvegan Well-Known Member

Does the waist on the rigid officer chino's shrink/stretch much?

3. Fenderplyr

Fenderplyr Well-Known Member

id say about an inch

4. Cooly

Cooly Well-Known Member

Then I probably should have even sized down one more. I usually wear 32x30 in RRL jeans - these fit close to perfect if not have some room at 32x30. I guess it's easier for them to be a little roomy and take them in then too tight and let them out...

In the legs, seat, calves though, these fit me pretty good....

PS: As a total side note, if you are thinking of getting the olive cargo's from this season, then size down two from your RRL jean size - I had to get a 30x30....

5. clee1982

clee1982 Well-Known Member

how does slim straight compare to low straight and slim, I got the later two (from Japanese denim times)?

6. boxdok

boxdok Well-Known Member

Low straight and slim fit both have a low rise with a taper. Low straight are more roomier than slim fit but not by much people tend to buy the same size in both. Slim straight have a high rise with less of a taper, imo they fit somewhere in between a low straight and slim fit. There are also slim narrow which are slim fit with a really aggressive taper.

1 person likes this.
  7. clee1982

clee1982 Well-Known Member

cool, thanks for the info.

8. Cooly

Cooly Well-Known Member

Slim straights are my fav currently. To me, they are more versatile - I can wear them at work. IMO, they pair better with dress shirts and oxfords in a work environment. I can then wear the same ones with boots, tennis shoes etc....

Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
  9. abcdefghijkl

abcdefghijkl Member

My experience with RL's website photography / color representation:
    SLIM BOOTCUT REPAIRED DENIM http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11750064
    LOW STRAIGHT BROOKS JEAN http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=54992976
    SLIM-FIT RANCH JEAN http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=56444266
    [​IMG]
    Judging from RL web photography alone, I would have guessed the SB and LS would be a similar color, with SB slightly darker.
    In reality, the SB is lighter than what I expected, and LS darker than expected.
    As for the SF, I was expecting a light gold-beige tone but in real life it is much darker.
    On-site a more accurate representation would be the color of the canvas bag:
    http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=55747596

2 people like this.
  10. boxdok

boxdok Well-Known Member

Does anybody know what are the limited edition jeans that are releasing for summer 15. I need a new pair of blue jeans and I have a online only Ralph lauren gift card I'm dying to use.i would get the east west slim narrow but I would rather wait for the the invetible price drop.

11. ktown

ktown Well-Known Member

Comparison of a brand new pair of Officer chinos vs my older ones. My worn pair suffered from crocking from my raw indigo jeans. The indigo rubbed off onto my belt that I then wore with these pants and my work chair got all this indigo on it and that rubbed off onto the seat of my chinos. It's not that noticeable in person but I will be more careful with the new pair. All the wrinkles on the chinos make them not very dressy. There was quite a bit of color loss with washing. The worn pair were tapered from the knee down, which I will do with the new pair when I decide to wear them. The waist stretched about 1" and it looks like the length also shrunk by about 1".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  12. tulufan

tulufan Member

the jeans are called DENIM GARRET OFFICER'S CHINO and i wanna buy them because of the beautiful wash, anyone see them in person? any comments? thanks in advance.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  13. Wildling

Wildling Well-Known Member

I just picked up this vest online. Anyone have this and have a picture of them wearing it? I really wish RRL would show more of their models wearing these items.

[​IMG]

14. bklounge

bklounge Member

15. bklounge

bklounge Member

• Sorry I can't help, but when you take delivery, can you measure it? I'm looking at an RRL vest too, but I have no idea how they size. I usually wear a large, but I've never owned an RRL piece.

16. koidragon

koidragon Well-Known Member

Anyone have feedback on how the congress boots fit? I have the Powell chukka and Washington boot both in size nine. Thanks.

17. Fenderplyr

Fenderplyr Well-Known Member

any word on the spring sale for RRL items?

18. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

19. RandJG1

RandJG1 Well-Known Member

hi yes I have both. The burgundy varsity is more heavily washed or muted vs the online photos. i happen to love it. it has a longer torso which really works for me where normal varsities feel short on me.
    the buckles at the waist provide a gather which makes for a nicely fitted profile. I have my black cat up for sale on the bay. these are running smaller in general. this is a xxl and id suggest it for an xl wearer.
    its really too bad because i love the design and the materials. its a killer piece but they just didn't make one big enough for me this time. (currently starving myself to try and fit into it) Id recco both pieces if you can find an appropriate fit. PS a friend of mine passed on the Bixby because he has a shorter torso and felt the piece ran too long on him. FYI the length can be a blessing or a curse. the Pierce tho has the normal short drop of a varsity, just keep in mind over all its running smaller.

1 person likes this.
  20. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

Thank you! I am 6'2", 210 and usually an XL. Would you say that black cat would work for me? Mind sending me a PM with the listing?