1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. vintageluv

vintageluv New Member

Thank you kind sir, I appreciate the response. That helps a lot.

2. kbadgley84

kbadgley84 Well-Known Member

Anyone know around what year these RRL selvedge are from? Picked them up off of eBay. This is the interior tag
    [​IMG]
    Back pocket & patch
    [​IMG]

3. Kensington

Kensington Well-Known Member

Denim & Supply once again giving RRL a run for it's money. That is until I saw it's priced like an RRL piece. Nevertheless I'm really digging it.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  4. DJ Quaaludes

DJ Quaaludes Well-Known Member

Love the patch, but could do without the paint splatter and stitch repair/holes. It's odd because I do like heavily distressed-looking items but for some reason have never been able to warm up to actual holes in the items and paint splatters.

That price does seem fairly dear given the usual pricing of D&S.

5. srgprod

srgprod Well-Known Member

Ralph Lauren is killing it! They are at the top of their game right now. They've dialed in the fit of their jeans, sourced the most incredible materials, fixed major problems with manufacturing and are designing amazing clothes for both men and women.

I can't wait to see what they come up with the next 3-4 years. Really impressive.

- "Denim & Supply once again giving RRL a run for it's money. That is until I saw it's priced like an RRL piece. Nevertheless I'm really digging it."

6. loanshark

loanshark Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

First wear of olive Clyde selvedge trousers I just kopped from eBay. Also wearing Alden x Winn Perry little tanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. DJ Quaaludes

DJ Quaaludes Well-Known Member

Nice! I got a pair of those a couple months back for a good deal (I really have to stop buying RRL pants haha), and I like them. I find that the inseam on my Clyde's does run a tad longer than my other pants as a 34" inseam usually measures 35". No worries though, I just double-cuff and I'm good to go.

I saw there appears to be a new/similar version of last season's indigo guernsey shawl collar sweater up on the website. Not sure if I like it as much as last season's from the picture, if anyone has it or has seen it in store and could comment on it I'd appreciate it. It was one of the pieces I liked the most from last season but slept on it and missed out.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. boxdok

boxdok Well-Known Member

^ yeah it looks a lot like the one that released last season. i ain't complaining though, I slept on both of the indigo dyed cardigan from last season hoping they would drop under 300. RRL has really brought out some really nice sweaters for spring 15. there are already like 5 sweaters I want.I probably will only end up with 3 though. Living in GA i wont be able to of them out until the end of October. sucks for me

9. loanshark

loanshark Well-Known Member

Agreed on the extra length as I had to double cuff them and normally single cuff my officer chinos in the same length. I don't know yet if I'm going to get them hemmed (also I'm considering removing the buckle back) but I'm going to wear them a few times before making that decision.

10. cchen

cchen Well-Known Member

I really liked this piece from the pictures, but when I saw it in person it was underwhelming.

11. ktown

ktown Well-Known Member

Does anyone know when the next sale should be? From my research a private sale occurred in April last year, but others have said recently that RL is attempting to make this a more premium brand with fewer sales and less discounts.

12. rlchriss

rlchriss New Member

13. Fenderplyr

Fenderplyr Well-Known Member

Have been wanting to pick this up for a while, but at $700...mehhhh

14. alex99

alex99 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know of a decent proxy for Hong Kong? There is a good selection of items from past seasons there for half off. I see they have the low straight chalk jean for half price as well, which seems odd since I thought it was a SS 2015 item.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
  15. Kensington

Kensington Well-Known Member

I can personally vouch for user @cchen. Fantastic experience getting a pair of raw chinos from HK that were sold out here.

16. Fenderplyr

Fenderplyr Well-Known Member

does anyone know if they have sale items available in store? I was thinking of heading to the west broadway location tomorrow if they have decent stock

17. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Well-Known Member

No stores have sales items anymore. Only sale stuff is online. Stores wont have sale stuff until late spring probably when black/purple label go on sale. They arent doing RRL in the upcoming sale

18. buzzlulu

buzzlulu Well-Known Member

It will be real interesting to see what happens to the annual performance of RRL. The stuff is priced high and the only way things really seem to move is when they are on sale.
    I also seem to notice that the assortment and amount of product is significantly less than in previous years. It seems as if they are trying to run with a tighter slimmer offering of product.
    I for one refuse to purchase any of it at full price - the goods are simply not worth the asking price. Many are not even worth the sales price.

19. zissou

zissou Well-Known Member

All rigid, all new.

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  20. irbe

irbe Well-Known Member

Nice. Been wearing my olive for awhile. Will post pic later