1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. harveyrabbit

harveyrabbit Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Anyone pick up this CPO?

It sold out early and I am sorry that I missed out on it. Just wondering if I should keep trying to find one, or if I should let myself be convinced that it wasn't all that great and I can just move on.

Thanks.

2. aquila49

aquila49 Well-Known Member

Greetings!

I'm looking for a pair of the RRL Straight Leg Oregon Jeans (Cassidy wash) in a 31 or 32 waist. I actually bought a pair back in December but in a comedy of errors I mailed them back to Ralph Lauren so I could buy the jeans from a brick-and-mortar store at a reduced price. Turned out the inventory system was wrong and by the time I realized it the online inventory was sold out. Beautiful jeans.

[​IMG]

Would greatly appreciate any tips on finding a pair. Also searching for RRL Parker corduroy trousers. (32 waist). Please PM me if you know of a pair I can purchase.

Thanks!

3. patrick_b

patrick_b Well-Known Member

I have the rigid officer chino that hits 2 yrs old this month. They are perfect. I have the olive heringbone version from this year and the dark green rigid officer from last year they just don't want to submit. I'm considering throwing them in the dryer on no-heat...or I just need to wear them more.

4. jp2k1

jp2k1 Well-Known Member

Keep looking for that cpo. It has great color and contrast in the fades

5. jp2k1

jp2k1 Well-Known Member

Also the aran neck turtle neck is great. Color, contrast and weight is better than the guernsey shawl collar cardigan

6. srgprod

srgprod Well-Known Member

Most went to Japan.

7. srgprod

srgprod Well-Known Member

Great buys! Glad you got those US Selvedge D&S jeans. I'd like to know what you think of them..

8. randomnoob

randomnoob Well-Known Member

if anyone bought the Italy D&S selvedge jean in a 31" and doesnt want it or wants a 32" let me know..

9. borderline

borderline Well-Known Member

Trying again. I'm looking for a Low Straight jean that ends up with (after washing/wearing/stretching) a 16-16.5" waist. Would you recommend a One wash 30 or 31 or Rigid 30 or 31?

I have a new One Wash 31 that has a waist of 17" which is too big.

How does the tagged size between the Rigid and One Wash differ after soaking/wearing/stretching?

In looking at sale measurements in the B/S forum, it seems that a size 30 Rigid had a 16.5 waist, and a size 31 One Wash also had a 16.5 waist, but it's not clear whether these had been worn/washed so I would like some input from someone who has had these for awhile.

10. randomnoob

randomnoob Well-Known Member

i think both measurements are correct. the manufacturing tolerances are probably .5-1" in the waist, and people measure differently. but from my experience on a brand new pair a 30 will measure about 16" and a 31 will measure about 16.5".

11. clee1982

clee1982 Well-Known Member

not the best picture, but you get the idea, the "shirt jacket" (as how I would call it) works well for layering

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6 people like this.
  12. irbe

irbe Well-Known Member

Thanks for the insight Namor.

13. pvoytko

pvoytko Well-Known Member

for the 60 dollar price point i dont think it can get much better. the construction isn't as nice as RRL (no chainstitch hemming for example) and the denim seems a bit more bland than RRL's rigids but i would probably put them on par or maybe a tiny bit below APC new standards.

14. ImBurningStarIV

ImBurningStarIV Well-Known Member

My experience is the one wash run slighty bigger after washing and wearing for a while (like half an inch) my 29 one wash, that I've had for years measure 16.5 (BiG style), my unwashed rigids in 30 that I've been wearing for months are 16 and I'm worried they will be too small once I wash them.

15. papillo

papillo Well-Known Member

My pickups.

[​IMG]

Favorite items are actually the wallets.

16. Trapp

Trapp Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  17. notwithit

notwithit Well-Known Member

Still worth checking out the Georgetown store? I'm in DC tonight and need to decide between slogging my way through the weather to G-town and staying close to my hotel to use the mediocre fitness room.

18. indigoeagle

indigoeagle Well-Known Member

The A-2 wallet is great. There is also a similar toiletry bag.
    Are the pants the Hayward? Beautiful indigo herringbone fabric.

19. papillo

papillo Well-Known Member

Yes the pants are the Hayward. I really like the herringbone pattern.

20. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015