1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. MasterOfDomains

MasterOfDomains Well-Known Member

So I bought a couple things from the site last week and recieved it today.... ONE of them being NOT the right thing... Anybody have this happen??

Whoever shipped off my "jeans" switched the price tag and left it in these pants I recieved.
    I bought the storm grey denim and ended up with these.... And the torn tag doesnt even match the size I ordered lol....

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. White Lotus

White Lotus Well-Known Member

Return that shit.

1 person likes this.
  3. MasterOfDomains

Yep just called.
    Now I have to wait more days for them to see if they even still have the denim and get it straightened out!! Complete crap.
    Even on the plastic bag it came in, had the barcode sticker on it for the storm greys lol

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  4. papillo

papillo Well-Known Member

Good lord that plaid shirt is beautiful...

1 person likes this.
  5. stickshift

stickshift Well-Known Member

Yup, happened to me before with last season's fleece with the cat logo. Instead I got a v-neck sweater b/c someone switched the tags there also.

1 person likes this.
  6. sacafotos

sacafotos Well-Known Member

Links to the mustard canvas Clyde's and the heavy weight plaid shirt?

7. MasterOfDomains

How did everything end up?? You get it all fixed? Or your $$ back??

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  8. pscolari

pscolari Well-Known Member

The picture doesn't do it justice. Online it looked like a nice wool CPO. It wasn't until I was in the W. Broadway store in early November that I realized it was $495 because it was cashmere and the fabric was much more alive. Denny or Jeff told me it was almost sold out at that point and they had sold about a dozen over that weekend. It may have hit the 1st round of sale online in the less popular sizes or popped back up as a return.

9. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

youll love your buckle backs. the rrl japanese selvedge wears very well and softens up significantly over time

http://yolowastaken.tumblr.com/post/24523179910/rrl-selvedge-officer-chinos-after-about-275-wears

i wore those limited edition chinos for about 2 years before having to retire them after the crotch blew out. the selvedge on this pair were about .5 oz heavier than the standard white selvedge chinos and 1.5 oz heavier than the red selvedge. all told, had the waist taken in twice, and leg tapered.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8 people like this.
  10. pvoytko

pvoytko Well-Known Member

Yeah the price was definitely why I was waiting. I thought $500 could be invested in something else like a jacket instead of just a CPO...that and even most of the most hyped up pics usually always have a decent size selection when they hit sale. The Merry jacket made it below 300 at almost 50% off with a decent size run before it went out.

I'll just have to keep my eyes open on eBay I guess

11. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Well-Known Member

Picked that up on the markdown that happened in the beginning of December. I think they sold out right after that. Its super nice, i wish it were a bit shorter but thats about the same as every RRL shirt

12. stickshift

stickshift Well-Known Member

Got my money back. Cat fleece was sold out.

13. borderline

borderline Well-Known Member

Let me know if this is more suited for one of the jeans threads....Need some sizing advice on RRL jeans. I'm trying to find some good heavy denim, I guess these RRL choices are 15.5 or 16 oz which is about right. But I've been having trouble dealing with the shrinkage/stretching uncertainty with raw denim and dialing in the right fit. FWIW I'm about a 32 in LVC 1947.

I have purchased two pairs of RRL in identical size. (31/32). One is Slim Fit Rigid, the other is Low Straight One Wash.

My ideal jean waist size (post wash/soak) is probably 16-16.5."

The one wash low straight are actually 17" new and although they are comfortable, I'm worried since they have already been washed, they will be too large, especially if there is any stretching, which seems likely. Maybe the size 30 would work. Any ideas on how much shrinkage/stretching these are likely to experience?

Then there's the rigid slim fits. The waist is 16" (now, pre-soak), and it 's perfect in the waist, a big snug in the thighs. Don't know what will happen with a soak. Any ideas about whether these would shrink in the waist significantly? Or if they are snug/comfortable now, presoak, would they be about right post-soak/post-stretch?

I guess another option would be to try the low straight rigid but again trying to dial in the size seems like a challenge.

Thanks.

14. rltitan5

rltitan5 New Member

black on black low straights.... Possibly could be more stuff marked down plus the extra 50% off.

15. rltitan5

rltitan5 New Member

good amount of slims straights.... attempted to get the low straight selvedged denims but they only had a 32x34 and I'm a rare 34x34.... They had the marshall flight jacket going for around 120-125.00 after 50% discount was applied.. would of picked it up but the jacket fit a half inch too short. By the way I'm 6'5 so the jacket was a no go.

16. randomnoob

randomnoob Well-Known Member

i havent washed any of my pairs yet but i might be in the same boat as you. 30s are slightly tight in the waist, thighs are tighter than i would want. 31s are good everywhere but a bit loose in the waist as they stretch out from wearing. The thighs on either size dont seem to stretch nearly as much. maybe the best thing to do is to get the 31 and get the waist taken in if necessary.

17. sacafotos

sacafotos Well-Known Member

I'm not finding that heavy plaid for a good price. All sold out :(

18. pvoytko

pvoytko Well-Known Member

What store was this? Been looking for that jacket in a large

19. papillo

papillo Well-Known Member

Georgetown. I believe it was an XL but to be honest, it seemed to run a bit small in my opinion. I usually wear a small or a medium at the most and if that was a large, i would have been ok wearing it.

20. clee1982

clee1982 Well-Known Member

just bought it at mansion in Small, love it so far