1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Wildling

Wildling Well-Known Member

Dude! What size are you? Can I have a shot at your hand me downs when you get tired of wearing all that stuff? lol! Nice pieces! Love those coat selections you made.

2. dmagic

dmagic Well-Known Member

I were a 40 and xl-xxl
    But I am getting rid of a lot of stuff
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I know it's a pile of clothes now but it's stuff like this in that pile
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I wanna say that horse hide is 600 in stores now .

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  3. tv2177

tv2177 Well-Known Member

Are you going to upload them to the market? I am not the same shirt size as you, but we have the same shoe size, wonder what are in your RL blue boxes....:embar:

4. pvoytko

pvoytko Well-Known Member

Ballin. Would love to check out anything youre parting ways with in large

5. oynag

oynag Well-Known Member

Would love your impressions of the Pierce Varsity. That's on the wish list right now. And curious about the LE leather jacket after all the discussion of that versus a custom jacket on here a while back. Teach me the dark arts of avoiding retail.

6. oynag

oynag Well-Known Member

Exciting update: after checking multiple times a day, I lucked out and found (your?) 31s yesterday at 0500 PT. They had 32s on the site too so what the hell, trying those even though they'll be huge in the waist. Thanks again for the alarm. Someone even gave me a tip that a B&M store had some. Really helpful forum.

[Oh and P.S.- didn't see the Macomb boot. Hope you found it somehow.]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  7. gumercindo

gumercindo Well-Known Member

For those in the DC area, the Georgetown RL store will no longer be carrying ANY RRL stuff. Sucks.

8. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Well-Known Member

WTF why? and when does it start? after this season?

9. gumercindo

gumercindo Well-Known Member

The guy I know there told me they're shipping everything up to NY by Friday (this week).

Sucks.

10. 90shilling

90shilling Well-Known Member

I found out the Denver (Cherry Creek) store stopped carrying RRL also as of the new calendar year. I went 2 weekends ago and they had cleared out all stock in their store. The only one in Colorado that will still carry RRL is the store in Aspen.

11. sacafotos

sacafotos Well-Known Member

@movoblast

Went to pick them up yesterday. Learned important lesson:

If the leg needs to be significantly tapered, save the hemming for a second stage, with a fitting in between (after tapering). Tapering significantly throws off the hem measurements.

The leg on mine is now perfect, but the hem needs another 3/4" off. I got a pic, but it's not finished. I'll pick them up again next week :)

Impressive tailoring though. Looks like a heavy weight donegal tweed trouser. I saved the cuff, too.

12. dmagic

dmagic Well-Known Member

Anyone got a pair of the black horween Bowery boots ? Thinking of picking them up but I already have these 2 black pair , plus the black engineer and congress boot

[​IMG]

I did pick up the pebbled ones for 400 a few months back and I love them [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. kwhitelaw

kwhitelaw Well-Known Member

well that sucks

14. Fueco

Fueco Well-Known Member

Seems absurd. I think of the Front Range area as being the perfect demographic for RRL... Or have things changed in the two months since I've visited there?

15. theclipper

theclipper Well-Known Member

Was thinking of picking up a size S Knowles jacket. But thinking it might be too short on me (I'm 5'10''). The only length measurement I've found lists it at 22''. Can anyone confirm this? I know this is going for a cropped look, but that seems super short. Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  16. ktown

ktown Well-Known Member

I always enjoy looking at others' pics so here are some pics of cardigans. I ended up buying the hunter green quilted cardigan.

J Crew - Much thinner than the RRL stuff I was looking at.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

RRL Chocolate. This didn't really look chocolate to my eyes. Mostly gray with very slight brown.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

RRL Quilted Hunter Green. This was the most expensive of the 3 but I ended up buying it.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2 people like this.
  17. Kensington

Kensington Well-Known Member

Good choice. The chunkiness and details on that cable cardigan justify the price! Surprised at the RRL chocolate. Looks a lot worse than the online pictures imo. I saw that J Crew cardigan the other day. Really similar to RRL. Very chunky with patch pockets. Good deal on sale. J Crew and their Wallace and Barnes line make some pretty good RRL style clothes. You can definitely see the influence.

18. Kensington

Kensington Well-Known Member

Does anyone know the best way to wash a cotton indigo sweater with minimal risk in distorting it and so the indigo will settle. I'm afraid to wear this sweater I got over any non-blue shirt. :uhoh:

19. somatoform

somatoform Well-Known Member

Not sure about sweaters (I'm assuming it's the same), but concerning indigo setting, it involves a certain proportion of vinegar and soaking (maybe some salt to). I used to know the proportion but can't recall now. Just google it. I once bought shwe shwe S. African indigo fabric from reproduction fabrics and they sent a guide on how to set indigo.

20. Fenderplyr

Fenderplyr Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

But seriously does anyone know what this is