1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. White Lotus

White Lotus Well-Known Member

no one believes my story about the time i killed 2 birds with a stone. :(

1 person likes this.
  2. boxdok

boxdok Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

About time RRL has decided to do some rip stop cargo in camo. Kind of wish the were slim fit though. Still going to cop though.

3. jhcam8

jhcam8 Well-Known Member

Or, kop?

4. tulufan

tulufan Member

love the pants. you size down 1 or 2?

5. notwithit

notwithit Well-Known Member

Got the officer chinos in Robert brown. Not sure whether I'll keep either pair, but here are measurements for a 28 and a 30. As a caveat, I don't measure garments professionally, so these may not be perfect.

waist (flat): 14.5
    waist (aligned): 15
    front rise: 10.25
    thigh (1" from crotch): 10.75

waist (flat): 15.25
    waist (aligned): 16
    front rise: 10.75
    thigh (1" from crotch): 11.5

6. Wildling

Wildling Well-Known Member

Just pulled the trigger (sorry, I couldn't help myself) on the Slim Fit Rigid Ranch, Pasadena & Barnett jeans from the West Broadway St. store. I'm pumped!

Anyone have these and can tell me if they fit tts? I'm having them shipped to me so I couldn't try them on.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Fenderplyr

Fenderplyr Well-Known Member

The ranch jean i had to do the typical 2 sizes down, can't speak for the others though

8. indigoeagle

indigoeagle Well-Known Member

While I can wear many RRL pants 2 size down, the slim fit ranch I could only wear 1 size down due to the thighs.
    The waist is a bit big but it's ok with a belt.
    They seem to fit like the normal slim fits which are far too tight for me in the thighs in 2sd.

9. clee1982

clee1982 Well-Known Member

well, looks like 29 is probably best for me then, but 28 is workable

10. White Lotus

Anyone know how the RRL boots fit? True to size? Half size down? 1 size down?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
  11. DJ Quaaludes

DJ Quaaludes Well-Known Member

I have the powells, cliftons, and bowery's and my experience has been a half size down in each. YMMV of course.

12. Nookitect

Nookitect Well-Known Member

Any chance someone has the spring 2015 pdf that they wouldnt mind sharing? I havent had luck getting from my SA yet.

13. urbanwoodsman

urbanwoodsman Well-Known Member

14. Dirty Denim

Dirty Denim Well-Known Member

I know they used Schott to make this but $2400 is amazingly expensive when you can have a custom jacket made for less

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. HonourMark

HonourMark Well-Known Member

Yeah I just had a custom made out of Kangaroo and authentic USA made new old stock talon zippers at Johnsons in San Francisco for half that cost.

RRL leather is always solid but a good custom piece from a true leather maker is hard to beat.

16. Lord Nick

Lord Nick Well-Known Member

Agree, I got this natural cxl one from context: even has the same d pocket and is even more limited as they only produced 60 for less than half the price. Here's a pic of me in it with the rockabilly gangs in yoyogi park in Tokyo. [​IMG] http://www.contextclothing.com/brands/schott-nyc/ss14-model-113-cxl

4 people like this.
  17. Dirty Denim

Dirty Denim Well-Known Member

Exactly!! I mean I love RRL and have a lot of what they put out but I swear I have no clue what their pricing identity is. They come out with astronomical prices for many of their items but then have a 75% off sale almost all year. I am starting to think of them as a Factory bought brand who looks to sell everything at factory discount prices but they price themselves higher than most brands out the gate. Its strange to me because one day they are to expensive and the next I am buying 10 items for $700. Some items are worth the price and others like the recent Allen jacket was surprisingly thin and shirt like .

1 person likes this.
  18. Fenderplyr

Fenderplyr Well-Known Member

This jacket looks amazing but yeah at 2400 you can pretty much go with ANYTHING else. Love the Knowles moto jacket I got from RRL and even then I only bought it when the price dropped to around 400 and even that is made in china

19. Wildling

Wildling Well-Known Member

Agreed on all accounts. The full retail prices I just don't understand. Even at a steep discount, I can't see myself forking over that kind of cash for it.

However, I like this jacket a whole lot better and I'm hoping I can snag this one at a steep discount!

[​IMG]

20. White Lotus

I prefer the other one.