1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. pvoytko

pvoytko Well-Known Member

Does the vineland orlando PRL outlet still sell RRL? Older posts indicate yes but just seeing if anyones been recently. Going to disney next week

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  2. tubs

tubs Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if the limited edition denim from RRL is better in any way, or is it just marketing designed to sell certain washes at a higher price? There were some limited edition olive colored jeans I liked a while back and now I see on ebay that there are some similar jeans from a more recent line that are not limited edition. Thanks.

3. Fenderplyr

Fenderplyr Well-Known Member

I actually loved the olive slims but RRL slim fits are too tight on me. They had additional details like camo herringbone pocket bags, but nothing other than the color and pockets that set them apart

4. boxdok

boxdok Well-Known Member

Limited edition jeans are made in lower quantities and they are made out of Japanese cotton. I have bought the last 3 limited edition jeans that came out and i like them all. Imo they are worth the price difference especially since I got them all on sale. Does anyone know when the spring 2015 look book is supposed to come out. RRL winter catalog was weak as far as jeans go.

5. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Well-Known Member

The denim on the limited edition jeans is different. The LE Straight Legs are similar to a Samurai type denim, while the first LE Slim Fits are like a Sugar Cane denim. Both more slubby than regular RRL Rigid denim. I have/had the original Slim Fits in blue and the Olive slim fits but theyre both too big on me. Whenever they do an LE run my size is the first to go :(

6. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Well-Known Member

double post

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
  7. edubs01

edubs01 Well-Known Member

Was the waist TTS or +2?

8. srgprod

srgprod Well-Known Member

They are really special. RRL goes through incredible lengths to source and design the best jeans they can make for each edition. Its worth the effort to try to grab a pair.

Btw, I have an unworn pair of Boss jeans in 33 waist that's too small. PM me if interested.

9. emc894

emc894 Well-Known Member

Anyone have experience with the leather jackets? A good amount seem to be on sale now

10. Fenderplyr

Fenderplyr Well-Known Member

I have the knowles leather jacket which I love, but you can probably have better quality and a made in USA brand for the same price

11. gumercindo

gumercindo Well-Known Member

I only see the Owens on sale. Which others?

12. thefastlife

thefastlife Well-Known Member

not that i don't trust you. but can anyone else attest? i thought you weren't supposed to soak denim and just wearing them will break them in. but honestly, they're so stiff and thick that it's uncomfortable.

i think they're these

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11750061

13. sacafotos

sacafotos Well-Known Member

That's fair :)

Why don't you go to the source of such info? Why not call up one of the well known denim shops (Self Edge: Portland, SF, LA, NYC) and ask them what they typically recommend for stiff denim (cold soak, no soak, how long) ?

14. zissou

zissou Well-Known Member

It's entirely a matter of personal preference. I usually don't soak at all to minimize knee bags. But, some denim looks a little flat and will come to life a little more with a quick soak. If I soak, I always let them dry completely before wearing them. Sometimes, I'll just soak from the hips up and wear damp if I need extra stretching in the waist.

15. stickshift

stickshift Well-Known Member

The website has in-store inventory availability now. Niiiiiiiice

16. JTK

JTK Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
  17. RandJG1

RandJG1 Well-Known Member

how are you seeing this? what makes you think that? thanks

18. zippyh

zippyh Well-Known Member

Because there's a link that says check availability on product pages.

19. srgprod

srgprod Well-Known Member

Anyone know how the slim-straight selvedge in brown breaks in as far color fade? They look and fit perfect now, but I'm used to wearing indigo denim, and not sure how these will look after a year or so. (Asking because I may buy a 2nd pair!)

[​IMG]

Those wont fade like indigo dyed jeans. They will very gradually lose a little color but will pick up creases and folds just like other denim jeans. I bought 2 pair and love them. So nice to get away from blue jeans...

Got a notice that Dec 2 starts the Christmas sale. up to 40% off. RRL Fall Line, Footwear, Belts and Bags.

20. JTK

JTK Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply! What's the shrinkage like with cold wash only?