1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. dmagic

dmagic Well-Known Member

Yep what u interested in ?

2. Jagger_On

Jagger_On Well-Known Member

Would be great if you could post some pictures and give us some thoughts on the items you got.

3. dmagic

dmagic Well-Known Member

It'll be at least a week till I get home and take flicks . so far I got the Galveston,brown bucklebacks, olive officer chinos, two tone knit and soon Sacramento wash and limited robuck jean. Waiting on next sale for the jackets and shirts sense I live in hot ass San Antonio and it makes no since for me to get those now. I also posted pics of the catalog I got a few months ago so I know what's coming out and they go in further detail than what's posted on the site under the details tab. Also I'm definatley getting that black messenger and rough out Bowery Boots .

Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
    2 people like this.
  4. wklq76a

wklq76a Well-Known Member

Do those olive officer chinos fit exactly like previous seasons' rigid sand colored ones? Thanks in advance.

5. dmagic

dmagic Well-Known Member

To me they do.

1 person likes this.
  6. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Well-Known Member

Anyone ever receive a warehouse order fulfilled by store that was missing items? Had ordered 3 jackets and 3 bags and only had 1 jacket and 1 bag packed with the invoice for the full amount.

2nd time this happened to me and BOTH times the Atlanta store fulfilled the orders. It's as if the employee couldn't be bothered looking at the quantities or blatantly ripped me off.

I am going to call the GM of that store first thing tomorrow and get to the bottom of it. Makes me so mad!!!

7. wm8589

wm8589 Active Member

hey what kind of jacket is that called? I've been searching a Japanese-inspired robe jacket like that.

8. runyourchain

runyourchain Well-Known Member

Anyone know if SS13 slim fit selvedge denim is made of japanese or Chinese fabric? Looking at a pair but the seller is unsure as it just say foreign fabric. Thanks for any help.

9. captainshields

captainshields Well-Known Member

I don't think RRL uses Chinese fabric. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's either US or Japan.

10. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Well-Known Member

They do, i have a few pairs of pants made in china

11. captainshields

captainshields Well-Known Member

Chinese denim?

12. RRL CLOTHING

RRL CLOTHING Well-Known Member

Ask the seller to look inside the pocket and it will say Japan or American. If it just says shuttle woven denim then it could mean anything. I am pretty sure they only use Japanese for all their denims in <2013.

13. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

Anyone have a pair of the natural officer twill chino? Picked up a pair during the sale wonder how they look irl

14. zissou

zissou Well-Known Member

^Would kill for a pair of those in the now extinct 30x34.

FFS. I just called RRL and they said that they were made, but are no longer available.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  15. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

damn zissou, you keep losing weight? our waistlines are going in opposite directions :)

i typically take a 34 in the officer cut but took a 36 in these. given how light the fabric is i dont want them to appear too "#menswear" so im going for a more relaxed fit

16. zissou

zissou Well-Known Member

Hah, yeah, I lost a couple inches last year. Between getting married, eating vegetarian, and running, that did the trick.

I just ordered a pair in 32x34 from the West Broadway store, even though RRL said they were out of stock everywhere. I'm wearing my 30x34 selvage officer's chino today and they fit well, but slim. Maybe I'll have these taken in in the waist and then have a more relaxed fit through the leg (although the guy at the RRL shop said they measure an actual 32", so we'll see). I almost just bought a pair of Windships distressed white pants off ebay, so I'm glad I found these.

17. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

congrats on getting married! ill have to give it a try! do you think 30x34 would have been too pitti'ish? cuffs rolled up to your calves?

im tempted to order the size 34 to cover my bases..

18. hoit1981

hoit1981 Well-Known Member

^^ I got married last year and have since put on 10lbs. What's your secret dammit - please don't say being vegetarian and running!

19. masaccio

masaccio Well-Known Member

In that case, it will probably have to remain a secret!

20. zissou

zissou Well-Known Member

Thanks, namor! Yes, the secret is that my wife is vegetarian (and I have been at various times and am mostly now except for a bit at social occasions), and that we like to run (albeit, not huge miles).

I'm 6'2", 155lbs, so the 30x34 fit me slim without being tight at all. I have some of the Orchard St chinos in 31x34 that are huge on me, mostly because of stretching. Sadly, RRL doesn't seem to make 30x34 anymore, so I mostly have to hope for pants in 30W running long.