1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Dave_SFU

Dave_SFU Well-Known Member

Did you get those bags? Lets see some pics

2. NorCal_1

NorCal_1 Well-Known Member

fyi....

Associate Designer, RRL

Company: Polo Ralph Lauren
    Date Posted: April, 29 2014
    Source: Job.com
    Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE: RL) is a leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in four categories: apparel, home, accessories and fragrances. For more than 44 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. Purpose/Scope: Assisting the Knits Design Director during all stages of the design and development process Responsibilities: * Prep Design boards for internal design meetings with SVP of RRL Design as well as presentations to the merchandising/buying teams. * Create Illustrator Sketches * Assist with Wash Development, Label and Photograph wash standards * Size and Send Artwork and Graphics * Create Seasonal Artwork Chart [COLOR=FF00AA]* Organize and maintain fabric library * Organize and maintain vintage design library [/COLOR]* Vintage research of new design ideas to support seasonal concepts * Daily correspondence with HK factories * Color Matching and maintaining color swatches * Partner with Art Department to maintain and update Stats. * Create seasonal stat binders Requirements: Bachelors Degree in Design3 years of professional work experience in the fashion industry Knits experience preferredPassion for and understanding of vintage clothingStrong communication skills, professional and organizedProficient in Web PDM, Excel, Outlook, Word, Quark, Photoshop and Illustrator Ralph Lauren is an equal opportunity employer. We offer dynamic career opportunities with growth potential and a generous company discount.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  3. hoit1981

hoit1981 Well-Known Member

A few RRL items are currently on sale at Unionmade.

1 person likes this.
  4. amgwhip123

amgwhip123 Member

Just bought an RRL denim shirt with the snap buttons and a chunky metal button at the top. But the top button seems to be dangling and hanging by a few pieces of thread, and it is pretty heavy..has anyone's top button ever fallen off? Is this normal with their denim shirts

5. stickshift

stickshift Well-Known Member

It happens, and it's not limited to shirts (happened on sweaters and pants of mine). Unfortunately you just have to sew it on stronger.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  6. unipair guy

unipair guy Well-Known Member

any news on this?

7. tv2177

tv2177 Well-Known Member

this is cool. I ma check it out!

8. Kensington

Kensington Well-Known Member

40% off with code "firstdibs"

9. Fenderplyr

Fenderplyr Well-Known Member

online is giving an extra 25% off it looks like

10. stickshift

stickshift Well-Known Member

Only for spring items. I guess for summer items you still gotta hit up a store...?

11. amgwhip123

amgwhip123 Member

[​IMG]
    anyone have experience (details/quality/fit) with the 'Pioneer Workshirt' ? It comes down to 104.99 after the 25% off coupon.

12. Sym

Sym Well-Known Member

Are there any RRL stores, or stores that carry RRL, in southern France or north-eastern Spain?

13. pasteurisation

pasteurisation Well-Known Member

Ralph Lauren factory store at Woodbury is under construction. As per SA at Polo, RRL garments should be available upon reopening of the store. BTW, I've seen some RRL boots at their shoe store though.

14. pvoytko

pvoytko Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Got a great deal on the lightning varsity with that additional kicker

15. bouds

bouds Well-Known Member

How did you get the code to apply to the varsity jacket?

16. pvoytko

pvoytko Well-Known Member

Send sale from the bleecker street store

17. Jagger_On

Jagger_On Well-Known Member

Unusual sizing request and maybe a bit of a longshot but I was wondering if anyone may be able to help me with the womens RRL line. I was thinking of trying to proxy the following dress for my special lady as I don't think there is anywhere in the UK that sells womens RRL. If my girl is a large UK size 8 / small UK 10 (small to medium, I think), does anyone know what size that would be in US sizing? I've heard people say you take off 4 sizes but could do with some guidance. Also, is the womens jeans sizing similar to the gents or is it closer to the stated waist measurement? Thanks

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/...f=PAD/Division/Women&kw=rrl&parentPage=search
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
  18. srgprod

srgprod Well-Known Member

Just got this Dave. Those bags were bought as presents. They were shipped to our place in Bozeman after I paid for them. I was hoping to be out there but couldn't make it. My wife had our housekeeper send them out. I never saw them again. Sorry.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
  19. subdivide

subdivide Well-Known Member

Looks like another beautifully realized store. I'd love to see some photos of the interior. I guess Michael Continuous Lean will visit soon enough.

Now that there's a Double RL in Hong Kong, brace yourselves for the coming onslaught of fakes from the Mainland...

20. Ghost01

Ghost01 Well-Known Member

Try Alan Joseph in Marseille.