• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

did you happen to leave it in El Segundo?

LOL........

that gave me a good chuckle. i think the tribe reference flew by a lot of ppl's heads.
been a while, hope everyone is having a great weekend.

I got a kick out of that as well. I dug up TCQ on my iPod for a quick listen. Thanks for bringing me back to my college days.

dusted

Reaction score
They are all the same fit, selvedge fabric is a better quality fabric and molds more to the wearer's body. The standard ones are prewashed so they look wrinkly and some are distressed
Is there any other brand/model you would recommend that has a similar styling and fabric to get that less distressed look?

I've started to look at Left Field NYC, but it is a slightly different style it seems.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I got a kick out of that as well. I dug up TCQ on my iPod for a quick listen. Thanks for bringing me back to my college days.

NIce.............ATCQ never disappoints!

stickshift

Reaction score

Is there any other brand/model you would recommend that has a similar styling and fabric to get that less distressed look?

I've started to look at Left Field NYC, but it is a slightly different style it seems.

I like Sugar Cane and Mister Freedom.

stickshift

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with RRL double O-ring belt sizing? I wear 30-31 waist jeans...should I get a size 32 or 34 belt?

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anyone have experience with RRL double O-ring belt sizing? I wear 30-31 waist jeans...should I get a size 32 or 34 belt?

I have one in braided leather. I've found that for me it's best if I size up 2 from my waist size. If you're a W30 then go for 32. If you're a W31 go for a 33.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I have one in braided leather. I've found that for me it's best if I size up 2 from my waist size. If you're a W30 then go for 32. If you're a W31 go for a 33.

So are you saying if you're true waist 30, you would get labelled 32 belt? I am true waist 30, so I will get low straight in waist 28 and buy a belt in waist 32, that's some amazing size guide by RRL...

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yes im a true 29 and wear all pants in RRL in size 28 cuz most are vanity sized or stretch like whoa

for belts i have several RRL belts and most are labeled 32 to fit a size 30 pant

HOWEVER the D ring belts i have gone down to labeled size 30. for example the camo one that is one sale right now i got from dastig in 32 but had to return and swap for 30 cuz it was too long. this only applies to my D ring belts

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody own the Murdock Engineer boots?
Do they run TTS?
Thoughts on them?

Jagger_On

Reaction score
Don't think this has been posted yet but here's some behind the scene's footage from Port magazines feature on RRL. The new season stuff is looking really good. If you haven't picked up the magazine yet, its well worth it. http://www.port-magazine.com/fashion/port-x-double-rl-the-quiet-pioneers/ Found some pictures of the event they held at the store too. Not sure if I'm greatful or thankful that I'm not in any of them. I'm sure there are a few more pictures kicking around somewhere as the photograher was constantly snapping away. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/..._campaign=spring13&utm_content=rrltwentyyears

stu00a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I checked out the Melrose store this morning and they are packed with new season items AND sale items.

They had about three racks with sale items and SA told me they have more sale stuffs in the back.

What I heard is that they will have summer clearance sale starting on the 18th of July.

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ No more. Ordering from Barney's is such a crapshoot. I've had two orders cancelled by them due to oos, one of them for a pair of Midlands after a member here kindly tipped me off. Then I got sniped on two ebay auctions. =( Anyone selling a pair of Midland or other washed low straights / slims in 32 x 32 (true 34 waist)? PM me please!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads