1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Official RRL Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by whodini, May 21, 2009.

Tags:
  1. ImBurningStarIV

ImBurningStarIV Well-Known Member

^^^
    Barneys and the Ralph Lauren store in Northpark Mall both sell RRL

2. grundletaint

grundletaint Well-Known Member

Is northpark just denim?

3. ImBurningStarIV

ImBurningStarIV Well-Known Member

no, both stores have a bit of everything. They are both in Northpark mall just around the corner from each other.

4. ookie

ookie Member

Yeah, they are now just bartacked. I think the straight legs and slim boots are the only models with hidden rivets these days.

That's quite interesting. I enjoyed the prints on both pockets and the hidden rivets, as well as the triangles at each corner of the back pocket. Another difference is where the jeans button up. The new one has two vertical stitch reinforcement at the button up opening (by the waist) vs the older diagonal stitch.

Does this mean that the jeans are no longer made from Japanese denim without the print?

5. mrbig

mrbig Well-Known Member

Quick question guys, i'm in Australia, where can I get a pair of RRL's?

I'm after something tapered, or a regular rise straight cut and *raw*. Reading through the first 500 odd posts and i found the hem to be 8"? is that for a straight cut?

I'm a 34x34 in G-Star 3301 tapered (probably fit best with a 33 after stretching), what size and model should I be looking at here? Also is the denim still MIJ and the construction done in the states?

6. whodini

whodini Well-Known Member

I'm sure Razele would know if there were any stores in Australia carrying RRL but my guess is that you'd probably have to go the phone order or ebay route.

Hem varies depending on waist size so...

RRL doesn't make a taper. There are basic three fits (from slimmest to regular): slim bootcut, low straight, and straight.

Until I'm told otherwise, denim is still Japanese and these are still made in the US.

7. zubin

zubin Well-Known Member

Just got my first pair of RRLs the other day. So far, I'm loving them.

[​IMG]

Went TTS in their slim fit.

anymore info on these? Wash? ware2kop? they are the only pair of washed denim ive ever considered purchasing in 5 years

8. ookie

ookie Member

eBay is loaded wit that wash... just start looking under "low straight" and you should see a few.

Just to add to Whodini... They also make Slim Fit for Men. Starting from slim to loose:

Slim Bootcut - Slim Fit - Low Straight - Straight Leg

9. whodini

Didn't want to add slim fit because if he's going through ebay then 99% of them are for women...

10. mrbig

mrbig Well-Known Member

Do the slim bootcut or straight have a 11"-12" front rise? I looked at a couple ebay listings for low straights and they're only 10"-10.5".

11. whodini

Well, it's called low straight for a reason... Slim bootcut has a rise around, if not lower, the low straights.

12. edubs01

edubs01 Well-Known Member

Anybody pick anything up from the Private Sale?

13. MattieLA

MattieLA New Member

Here's some more from Lighthouse I found on the web.

There are other pieces in similar marbled cable knit. A pullover w/ a hood and a mock neck. Did anyone see the price of this cardigan? It wasn't included in the first shipment I saw.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The cardigan is actually from Spring 2010 Shipyard collection, not from Lighthouse. It was in the $500+ range but worth it.

14. dastig

dastig Well-Known Member

How is the quality of basic RRL tee?

15. narcissism

narcissism Well-Known Member

Anybody pick anything up from the Private Sale?

Most of the RRL was not on sale at the Private Sale. Nothing good in my opinion.

16. Blog Marley

Blog Marley Well-Known Member

Anyone know where I can get RRL thermals or thermals like it for cheap?

17. narcissism

Define cheap. I paid full retail ($185) last year for an RRL logo thermal. It's nice, but I never wore it because it is too small for me.

18. Blog Marley

Blog Marley Well-Known Member

No idea, I picked up one from Mauro last year for 111 or so. Definitely way too expensive for a thermal but I love mine. Looks like W + H might be the closest in terms of price and style.

19. King Leer

King Leer Well-Known Member

I've seen a steady stream of Thermals, Henley and the like on eBay. I think they've made it to the outlets....

20. narcissism

My F/W 2010 thermal that I am actually looking to sell since I have never worn it:

PM me if you are interested.

[​IMG]