1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The Official Rick Owens Thread***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sinnedk, Jul 12, 2014.

1. Callusing

Callusing Well-Known Member

2. gustavobradley

gustavobradley Well-Known Member

That seems odd. I know the square placket has shown up on older season ones but I would still be wary. If no one here can help, I'd post in one of the Rick b/s/t groups on Facebook.

3. DarkSpiral

DarkSpiral Well-Known Member

It's true. I've ordered things where the measurements don't live up to what they actually are.

4. Gustave

Gustave Member

@cloonz
    That one on Mr.Porter and the older ones look better to me. The blistered leather bomber in recent seasons are all raglan shoulders/sleeves...
    Did you go size up with your one? or the older one are fit true to size?

5. cloonz

cloonz Well-Known Member

6. Espresto

Espresto Member

Anyone have any experience with the TE material from recent seasons (cotton/rubber blend)? I've got a pair of cropped sweats in TE, and the fabric is too stiff for my liking–it causes the pants to bulge in odd places. Does the stiffness go away with time?

7. Roygbivuxg

Roygbivuxg Well-Known Member

PSA: Bergdorf in nyc had a few drkshdw flight bombers (like this one on ssense) for $560ish when I was there yesterday, at least 2 were smalls. A really good deal but I was disappointed at how constricting the bottom was when zipped up and I'm a pretty thin guy. Ended up not copping cuz it was just unusable unless always unzipped :confused:

8. sinnedk

sinnedk Well-Known Member

don't see any men's RO on their site, is this only at physical location?

9. Roygbivuxg

^unfortunately yes. I picked up a dries bomber that was already sold out online

10. baethos

baethos Member

What season leather is this? I'm keen to pick up a Rick leather sometime but heard the quality varies on his new seasons? I recently picked up a '13 padded bomber with hood and really love the quality.

11. Callusing

Callusing Well-Known Member

Cyclops, SS16. It's the "grained calf" that's being cleared out of all the stores now. (Mr Porter has good closeups.)

First, I decided in the end that I'm keeping it...I think the stitching was an isolated incident, and I can already tell this leather is gonna break in well. It doesn't look so great at first, but as it gets even a bit softer, the whole jacket starts to drape much better. And to follow on what @sinnedk said, this is my 3rd Rick leather, with my other two from SS14 (blistered lamb Stooges) and I think SS12 (blistered lamb Worker)...those leathers are a lot thinner, but I've had no issues with them. I've treated them pretty gently, though.

Other people here can speak to the changes over time in quality a hell of a lot more than I can, so I'll keep my mouth shut. Don't necessarily assume my one complaint, which was made more as an emotional response than a rational one, is representative. It might be, but I can't judge.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2016
  12. sinnedk

RICK OWENS SS17 MENS RUNWAY
    LIVE STREAMING 23.06.16 12:30 PM

13. sinnedk

i have that thick stooges, RO made it for FW14 as well thats where mine is from. its heavy and substantial.

14. circulate pain

circulate pain Active Member

For the sake of follow-up, I sent the jacket back to the consignment I purchased it from for them to do a second QC check, it took them a week of digging, but they found out it apparently is a women's jacket. Not to discount anyone's Rick knowledge in this thread which is probably more than mine, but just FYI. They didn't give me many details re: season or year, so who knows, maybe they were just being nice to me.

15. ROspectator

ROspectator New Member

Do you know what the name is gonna be for ss17?

16. sinnedk

i dont.

17. dji0

dji0 Well-Known Member

Anywhere I can pick up a silk/viscose basic crewneck s/s tee in milk, XS for less than retail?

18. Roygbivuxg

ln-cc has some in white and black. You can get additional 10% off code for subscribing to newsletter

1 person likes this.
  19. dji0

dji0 Well-Known Member

cheers, I saw those the other day but they described them as double layered (even though they don't look like they are). I might try emailing them for the product code.

20. ambyance

ambyance Well-Known Member