• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***The Official Rick Owens Thread***

xEnvy

Reaction score
Spring 2015.

I hand wash the more delicate Rick tees and air dry them. For machine wash, in cold cycle and dry at the lowest setting.

Cheers, will try a cold cycle and hopefully save myself a load on dry cleaning bills!

gustavobradley

Reaction score

How do you guys care for your Rick tees? Ive been religiously dry cleaning mine but not going to lie have been contemplating just putting it on a hand wash cycle.

I put mine in a tub with some soap and cold water and just kind of swish it around for a few minutes. Since mine's a double layer, I lay it flat to dry. Lighter shirts I would just hang though.

eqqy

Reaction score
How do you guys care for your Rick tees? Ive been religiously dry cleaning mine but not going to lie have been contemplating just putting it on a hand wash cycle.
Hand wash in a bucket with a tiny bit of Woolite, dry flat on a towel. Don't ever hang knits, especially when wet, or they will stretch.

The black ones will leak a **** ton of black dye so you might want to do them separate from the others.

yeebie

Reaction score
Hi all, new to the forum, longtime fan of Rick

I just purchased a pair of drkshdw Ramones; I am unsure of the season, they are the ones with web-like white embroidery scattered around the canvas. I normally wear a 9.5 (translates to 43 I believe) in vans shoes with room in the toebox, however I purchased the shoes in a size 41. I also have a pair of converse that are a size 9 and quite loose on my feet. The seller assured me that a size 10 foot has fit tightly inside the Ramones, I am wondering if anyone else has any similar experience? I am just hoping that these will fit snugly, not too tight. Surely I'll be able to get my foot in- I own a pair of size 43 eytys sneakers that fit enormous on my feet. Apologies for any confusion due to the mismatched shoe sizings. All help is appreciated, thanks

eqqy

Reaction score

I just purchased a pair of drkshdw Ramones; I am unsure of the season, they are the ones with web-like white embroidery scattered around the canvas. I normally wear a 9.5 (translates to 43 I believe) in vans shoes with room in the toebox, however I purchased the shoes in a size 41. I also have a pair of converse that are a size 9 and quite loose on my feet. The seller assured me that a size 10 foot has fit tightly inside the Ramones, I am wondering if anyone else has any similar experience? I am just hoping that these will fit snugly, not too tight. Surely I'll be able to get my foot in- I own a pair of size 43 eytys sneakers that fit enormous on my feet. Apologies for any confusion due to the mismatched shoe sizings. All help is appreciated, thanks

Vans and Chucks both fit a half size big in my experience. Also Vans EU sizing is a bit off, Vans 12US == 46EU vs RO 12US == 45EU. Together that could account for such a big difference. Always a good idea to have the seller measure the insoles when you're in doubt.

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I put mine in a tub with some soap and cold water and just kind of swish it around for a few minutes. Since mine's a double layer, I lay it flat to dry. Lighter shirts I would just hang though.

ive been throwing mine in the washing machine on cold. hang dry. whatevs theyre t shirts.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, uh, they're just t-shirts. and theyre supposed to fall apart. ~rick owens~

wash gentle on cold, hang dry.

infinii

Reaction score

I'm guessing the size 43 Ramone will be big on you. I wear US10 slip-on Vans, US10 Chuck Purcells and 43 for my Ramones. 43 in Geobaskets also but I find they fit slightly looser than my Ramones.

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For me i went true with drkshdw ramones

43 margiela, 43 saint laurent sneaker, 43 ramone, 42 lanvin

it fits perfect

Last edited:

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if 43 in eytys are huge (they fit me too tightly and im a 43 in ramones) you are a 42, maybe 41 (but probably will be too tight)

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This cargo available anywhere online?

Sold out in smaller sizes at MrPorter.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads