1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The Official Rick Owens Thread***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sinnedk, Jul 12, 2014.

1. CH03

CH03 Well-Known Member

Yea, that's the one I had! Seems to have been taken down unfortunately.

2. Zombiiex

Zombiiex New Member

Thanks guys. I appreciate it! :)

3. eqqy

eqqy Well-Known Member

That's odd, I can still access it. I think dude that was maintaining it lost all his photos and gave up, but what's there should still be there. Maybe you gotta log in?

4. BLOODYSW3D3

BLOODYSW3D3 New Member

I'm planning on buying the mastodon pros, but am really confused about which size i should pick.

I wear a 44.5 in Geos and a 45 in Ramones.

Should i go for a 46/US 11.5 or a 45 2/3/US 11? I have heard that rickdidas and adidas collabs in general "tend" to run big, but am not quite sure how to interpret that information.

5. eqqy

eqqy Well-Known Member

Mastopros run a half size small to the US size. Some people get away with TTS but I had to size up. Rickdidas EU sizing is actually FR and best to ignore.

You want either 12US or 12.5US. I'm 45EU in most mainline shoes and went with 12.5US in Mastopros.

1 person likes this.
  6. theonepantless

theonepantless Member

I am looking into picking up a pair of RO Pod shorts and had a few questions. The two pairs I am considering are both mainline. One is Cyclops S/S 16 and the other is Sphinx F/W 15. Both are 100% cotton I believe. Is there any difference between the two? Which would you guys recommend I go with should price and condition be the same.
    Also in regards to sizing, I am a 31/32 waist size in jeans, should I go with a size 46 or 48?

7. eqqy

eqqy Well-Known Member

Really need the product code to be able to tell the difference, the last letter or two will be the fabric code. Probably size 48.

8. eglbc

eglbc Well-Known Member

Anyone got a XL ma1 they would like to unload?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  9. theonepantless

theonepantless Member

The product code for the S/S 16 Pods is RU16S3384-V. What can you tell me regarding what the pants are made out of. I am fairly certain this pair is not 100% cotton.

10. Roygbivuxg

Roygbivuxg Well-Known Member

Do you guys take the same size in mainline ramones boats as regular ramones? Wondering how much slip there is without an ankle portion and maybe going down 1/2 size. Never seen them in person unfortunately. Also just to confirm, the cap toes are also leather right? Mr Porter describes the caps as rubber :/

11. eqqy

eqqy Well-Known Member

Only mention of /V in the fabric guide is a viscose/silk velour. I would pass if that's the case, velour and velvet not great for pods. I'm not 100% as I can't find that exact product and Rick is known to reuse fabric codes.

12. axroox

axroox Active Member

Does anyone have any comments/feedback on goat leather jackets in relation to heavy calf? I'm trying to decide whether to pick up a current season Intarsia, or hold out for heavy calf..

13. thekunk07

thekunk07 Well-Known Member

Spring summer leather are rarely worth buying but the goat is nice

1 person likes this.
  14. AB77

AB77 Well-Known Member

I never own polyester RO pants, I noticed there's quite a few poly this season. They are surprisingly more expensive than the cotton ones.

Are they worth it? What's they like, more drapey? I always have this notion that poly is more cheaper material.

15. curiouscharles

curiouscharles Well-Known Member

you sure they're not B? [it does just happen to be right next to V on the keyboard, could be a typo by the seller]

those are the insanely awesome cotton twill/canvas ones from ss16 [and are the apogee of Rick spring cotton].

don't remember a V code for SS16, but i could check my materials list later.

if it's indeed a velour fabric, do stay the fk away. [unless you're absolutely fabulous or something]

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  16. Barcode

Barcode Member

Can anybody say how these boots (the non creeper version) fit? [​IMG][​IMG]
    I'm between 41.5 and 42 in nikes/converse and the 42 Tricker's chelseas I have fit slightly loose. Should I go for a 41 or 42 for a snug fit?

Also, how does quality/durability of RO stack up to Ann D or Margiela when it comes to boots?

Edit: replaced the image since the new forum seems to have lost the old one.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017 at 2:04 AM
  17. ofdoom

ofdoom New Member

I'd also like to know how the above shoes fit^
    Size 43 in geos and ramones and 42 I am

18. oayl

oayl Member

Hey guys, im in thr market for a stooges jacket and am considering these two options on G.

One is from 2011 limo collection, in LV code leather size 50
    The other is from ff15 sphynx , blistered lamb, size 48

Which is the better buy taking the leather in consideration. Also with the sizing, im 5'7 150lbs, what size would be better as well? Thanks for all thhe help

19. Yexu5y

Yexu5y Well-Known Member

hey guys, what kind of fabric is code MU? is there a fabric guide, or does anyone have the same kind of code and can share their experience? Thanks

20. settlefish

settlefish New Member

hi everybody. I recently bought some mastodons off grailed and they just came in the mail. they look good to me, but there are fakes of these around and would just like some assurance from those more knowledgeable than me in rick

http://imgur.com/a/O4iyW