1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The Official Rick Owens Thread***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sinnedk, Jul 12, 2014.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Does DRKSHDW sneakers come with shoe bags?

2. OGstyled

OGstyled Member

I don't think they do but my drkshdw ramones in black and white from the new season came with a drkshdw tote bag. I've had 2 drkshdw ramones in the past and neither came with a tote bag.

3. CH03

CH03 Well-Known Member

Because it is.

4. happyriverz

happyriverz Well-Known Member

Thanks for the sizing input. I ended up ordering a size 6UK (I'm a size 7.5E US on Brannock device), and the shoes arrived today, and they fit very well, only a little bit wider in the toe box area, but length is otherwise fine. I'm not used to how soft and unstructured the leather, so just wondering if, with wear over time, the uppers may stretch out too much, as the structure of the shoe comes entirely from the heels.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  5. CH03

CH03 Well-Known Member

Is it even possible to find a double layer unstable tee anymore (apart from Grailed)?

6. eqqy

eqqy Well-Known Member

There are some on Farfetch but they occasionally call them something else like draped tee or ruched shirt. Product code is RU16F6256UC for the most recent short sleeve cotton ones.

I got a couple from there a while back and it's kind of a gamble whether they are going to be the "unstable" ones with the curved back seam. I got a dust one that was straight and a black one that was curved, both with the same product code.

1 person likes this.
  7. dji0

dji0 Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
  8. CH03

CH03 Well-Known Member

How should one size for the DL unstable tee? For instance, if I am a 52 in rick leathers (haven't tried on any tees before), should I go with XL? I imagine it is a fairly form-fitting piece...

9. notwithit

notwithit Well-Known Member

Finally found the jacket I've been wanting for years and it ends up being too tight in the chest and shoulders. :(

[​IMG][​IMG]

From SS08, I believe just called a bomber jacket.

10. eqqy

eqqy Well-Known Member

They are TTS. They need to be form fitting to look right but they aren't sized weird and will stretch a lot to fit your body. I would go with M if I were you. I am 54 or XL in leathers and L tees fit me perfectly.

2 people like this.
  11. sinnedk

sinnedk Well-Known Member

@notwithit
    I like the CCP and Ro combo, what size is the jacket?

12. notwithit

notwithit Well-Known Member

Thanks. They're actually Guidi back-zips, although I wouldn't mind picking up a pair of CCPs at some point. The jacket's an M, which is TTS for me.

1 person likes this.
  13. sinnedk

Small pic on mobile deceives me

14. qubed

qubed Well-Known Member

I agree. I'm 52 in leathers, but a M in his unstable T.

15. jackatlas

jackatlas New Member

Hey, former member from 5 years ago. This is a new account due to me forgetting my old info.

I'm thinking of getting a drkshdw bomber flight jacket. This one is 97% cotton, lining 1 is 100 cotton and lining 2 is polyamide.

Anybody have experience with the warmth of these? This would be my winter jacket for NYC winters.

Thanks

16. JayFS

JayFS Well-Known Member

Mainline down or no bueno. DRKSHDW is too light, even F/W collection, for NYC winters.

Edit: I'm assuming you're talking when it starts shitting snow.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  17. jackatlas

jackatlas New Member

Yeah I was trying to be frugal and buy one jacket for all F/W haha. I decided to just buy the drkshdw anyways for fall (just ordered it [​IMG]) , and buy another jacket once it starts getting real cold in January.

I'll post a picture if I ever get around to it.

18. sinnedk

Hey guys I wanted to start a discussion of how do folks wear their Geos what are the best pants not only Rick to pair with? Do you guys put the pants over the tongue area or kinda boot tuck and let the boot look extreme.

I don't have a pair but wanna get some towards end of season on the low low.

19. echau

echau Well-Known Member

I usually wear them with the jeans tucked in, and sometimes I enjoy just wearing them without laces:

[​IMG]

20. scanner

scanner Well-Known Member

They're UGGs for men. Wear em how you like. (I wear them on my hands and feet simultaneously)

2 people like this.