1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

*** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread ***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sipang, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Meis

Meis Well-Known Member

Got my stuff in the mail. Fisherman sweater is nice and heavy, fits pretty similar to the pocket and birdseye sweaters.

Anyone have measurements for the blazer coat in 36 or 38? The measurements on the site seem kinda off.

2. skitlets

skitlets Well-Known Member

I feel ya. Hoping it gives a bit, but still comfortably wearable. Sizing up for me might end up with excessively long sleeves.

3. quicksilverXP

quicksilverXP Active Member

I think I might be the same height as you Tonio... I usually wear a Small in the pocket sweaters but have noticed this version's sizing is smaller. You think if you had a medium instead that the sweater would be too long for you?

4. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Well-Known Member

Oh yeah? Hmm. Somehow it looks shorter. Plus toast is right about the runway dude styling it well oversized. Ughh. On the fence about this one.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  5. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Well-Known Member

SS14 backpacks up on Forward.

1 person likes this.
  6. PDinh

PDinh Well-Known Member

Ordered the cardigan on the 2nd and haven't received shipping notif. Is it normal due to the large amounts of items being sold during the sale?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
  7. TheObserver

TheObserver Well-Known Member

^

No, it's not. You have to constantly remind them If it passes a business day and they have not shipped.

1 person likes this.
  8. Gruntle

Gruntle Well-Known Member

^^ I would contact the customer service by email. The longest I had to wait after I wrote an email is 2 days. PE has the best customer service.

1 person likes this.
  9. slack tide

slack tide Well-Known Member

I received the black suede cap from Opening Ceremony. Happy to report that it is pretty nice & highly wearable. The suede is very soft and all materials that went into it are seemingly good quality... from the braided horsehair, the metal hardware on the back that secures the strap at the desired length, to the lining. The cap itself is floppy and unstructured (good thing). The brim seems pliable enough to hold and maintain a bend if you wanted to wear it that way (as I will) versus straight across as it's often modeled. Retail for these (~$180) would be tough to swallow but at 50% off I'm satisfied enough. I think it will probably replace my current as my go-to hat for the weekends, etc.

10. stevent

stevent Well-Known Member

My pocket sweater shipped next day

Does anyone feel like they are a bit thinner this season compared to the FW11 and FW12 ones?

11. death shot

death shot Well-Known Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I have two Ervell hats, the black suede you mentioned above and the tan with the pleather black brim. Both are great, but his suede hats are just sick. The short brim is really smart and wears well dressed up and down.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  12. Blackmaged

Blackmaged Well-Known Member

blazer coat came in, got a 36 and fit is spot-on like the rest of his outerwear (i took an XS in this season's pocket sweater for ref.)

sleeves slightly long (like .5cm) but not enough that i'd get it altered.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
  13. elisiX

elisiX Well-Known Member

My Blazer Coat just shipped - fingers crossed it fits as well as yours.

14. Blackmaged

which one did you get? mine's the patterned navy and it's lovely. would kop the grey static if i had the funds

15. elisiX

elisiX Well-Known Member

I played it safe with the solid Navy.

I'd love to see the Patterned Navy in person - I just thought it looked so different from store to store.

16. triton

triton Well-Known Member

Do the alpaca pocket sweaters stretch out much with wear?

Mine arrived today and fits well but is just a little more snug than I'd like.

17. basil rathbone

basil rathbone Well-Known Member

It will relax a little bit. I know for sure because I bought one in gray at 30% off or whatever a month or so ago. One in turquoise arrived today (same size) and it definitely feels tighter than the one I've broken in a bit. Depends how snug it is on you, I guess. Initially, I thought I could have sized up, but now I'm glad I didn't.
    Any room for layering, or is it pretty slim? Such a nice piece, but I'm a no-kop diet for a while...

18. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Well-Known Member

Pocket sweater def stretches out a bit

19. Blackmaged

I tried it on with a pocket sweater from this season on and it fit well, not sure if you could do the whole thermal+ocbd+chunky knit though.

1 person likes this.
  20. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

My experience with the hats were that the crown was way too shallow. This was exaggerated by the short brim. More so, because of the shallow crown the hat just looked really flat. FWIW I tried the FW12 suede cap. It takes a particular head shape to fit the cap right IMO.

1 person likes this.