1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

*** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread ***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sipang, Feb 12, 2011.

1. rennavate

rennavate Well-Known Member

No, the cuffs aren't rolled, I just have short arms.

2. death shot

death shot Well-Known Member

3. Caveat

Caveat Well-Known Member

Didn't look like it was making it to sale, so I grabbed the last M on the ervell site. Couldn't find it available anywhere else, but maybe I didn't know where to look.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. Neighbour

Neighbour Well-Known Member

Medium in the buttondown shirts should be the right fit for you. One of our guys is about 5' 10", 160lbs and wears a Medium.

5. Caveat

Caveat Well-Known Member

Great, thank you!

6. Keoke

Keoke Well-Known Member

Could you please tell me if there is a big difference in fit between S/S 13 and A/W 12 jeans? If measurements on the Ervell site are correct then the summer jeans are quite loose in the waist area.

7. atcolv

atcolv Well-Known Member

they went down to tts this season. for example, i am around a true 32. i wore a 34 in prior seasons' jeans, but this season i purchased a 32 and they fit about the same as the old 34s

Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
  8. atcolv

atcolv Well-Known Member

i don't know if i'll be able to record long-form because i'll only have my iphone, but i'll be sure to take some pics and maybe a ~5 min video

1 person likes this.
  9. jwoowoo

jwoowoo Well-Known Member

Anyone who has the short sleeve marble buttondown comment on the fit of the sleeves? I'm worried that the sleeves would grip my biceps too tightly. Always happens to be with short sleeve bds

10. NaTionS

NaTionS Well-Known Member

So which stores stock the long sleeve version of the marble shirt besides Maas & Stacks and TBS?

11. ambivalence

ambivalence Well-Known Member

^need to know too... Looking for xs in that shirt

12. onbeatontime

onbeatontime Member

Anyone know how the shirting fits compared with last season? Was an xs in all fw shirts but these seem to have sold out everywhere this time around.

13. Vicarius

Vicarius Well-Known Member

It's slimmer, according to the patrikervell.com web store it's "slightly slimmer in the sleeves, body, neck circumference and shoulders" (from an email, I asked them about how this season's shirting fit compared to FW12)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
  14. crosswound

crosswound Well-Known Member

xs is sold in most of the decent shirts though :(

15. Vicarius

Vicarius Well-Known Member

Re: shirts, I got some extra measurements from the web store and they pretty much seem identical to the one I have from FW12... So they can't be that much slimmer :eek: Ordered one in the same size, will post about fit when I get it

16. elisiX

elisiX Well-Known Member

I've been on the lookout for a bomber jacket for a while with winter on its way in Sydney. I stumbled across an Ervell bomber @ WoodWood on sale in what I figured would be my size, L.

Clearer pictures of this particular jacket are here; http://blog.maasandstacks.com/?p=398

A few people advised me it would not be a good fit for me, however with simple returns I gave it a shot and it arrived today.

Let me start by saying that this is an incredibly nice jacket. The material is beautiful and I wish I was completely satisfied, but I'm not used to wearing such a jacket and I fear it might not be the right fit. My initial thoughts were that it's not quite right however the more I've worn it this past hour, the more I like it. I really like the shape but I think it could be slimmer in the body (it's very round even though it's not padded/quilted). I may even have fitted into an M, though there was only this Large size in stock. An M would have been too short in the body also I'd say now looking at the pictures below. A tucked shirt or at the most a short T would look great with this, but not an untucked shirt unless it too is quite short. Ultimately, I am just unsure about the round shape on my body. It doesn't hug at all as some of you might be familiar with.

Anyway, some pictures.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
  17. diniro

diniro Well-Known Member

not too tight not too loose. perfect imo. small measures 5.8" at opening.
    gtfo. looks good dude. keep it.

1 person likes this.
  18. Razele

Razele Well-Known Member

IMO Ervell always fits like that elisi, short / boxy / longer in the arms

It didn't work for, I ended up selling (or soon to) most of my Ervell

However if the fit did work, I could easily only wear Ervell alone, prices are really good for the quality. Also, he is producing good designs again after a 2-3 season hiatus

1 person likes this.
  19. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

That looks better than all your WAYWT posts and not just saying b/c I like Ervell

2 people like this.
  20. elisiX

elisiX Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. Took another picture under a different light and tried un-tucking my shirt.

Having worn it a little longer, the only part I am really questioning is front of the armpit / corner of my chest where it's most boxy.

Though this is probably quite common with this style of jacket. I don't think it looks bad by any means, but simply not used to it.

Length and sleeves are fine (sleeves maybe half an inch too long). If my shirt was perhaps a fraction shorter, it might just be perfect?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013