1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

*** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread ***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sipang, Feb 12, 2011.

1. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Well-Known Member

Hmm. Well I ordered an xl in the icelandic but won't be trying it on until I get back to the states in a couple months. That's kind of swaying my judgement a bit. Fuck I should probably go into Seoul and see if the two or three places the PE site says stock Ervell actually have the sweater. Who knows, doubt many Koreans would jump on the larger sizes.

2. NaTionS

NaTionS Well-Known Member

I'm usually a L (42" chest, 180) and the XL pocket sweater was huge on me. No way to make it work even "oversized."

If you're looking for the Icelandic, American Rag still has a L in stock at 50% off. $150ish iirc. Was gonna grab it myself but bought too much lately.

3. dotcomzzz

Already picked up the Icelandic in an xl, but it's an inch slimmer than the Pocket on the PE site, assuming there's some accuracy to those numbers. Too lazy to check but I recall some ppl who bought both saying it came up a little smaller than the Pocket overall. Let's hope they were right.

4. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

My pocket and icelandic fit about the same

5. Feji

Feji Well-Known Member

Icelandic sleeves are shorter than the pocket, body fit is about the same.

6. abracadabra

abracadabra Well-Known Member

not really worth the trip. daily projects has most of their stuff posted online, but i don't think they got anything from this season. last time i was at man on the boon and bleecker i didnt see any ervell.

7. dotcomzzz

Addicted Seoul was the only one I went to. Woo woo apgujeong. Almost forgot what it's like to browse a place where the sales ppl don't stalk you.

All of the PE stuff was either a small or medium lol. Tried on the Pocket and the Icelandic just for kicks. Measurements on Ervell site feel pretty accurate.

8. VLSI

VLSI Well-Known Member

:paranoia:

9. dotcomzzz

The sales dude had passable English and was nice enough to let me use his measuring tape. I got 19.5" p2p for a medium Icelandic. Didn't bother measuring the Pocket.

10. abracadabra

abracadabra Well-Known Member

what were the prices like at addicted?

11. VJAYEYE

VJAYEYE Well-Known Member

Anyone know about the fit of this shirt? Oxfords too? I'm a medium in most gitman shirts. Just beginning to get into ervell:
    [​IMG]

12. dotcomzzz

Stupid high. Both sweaters were price pointed at five thousand or something and marked down to like half of that.

13. stevent

stevent Well-Known Member

Take a M

Edit that looks like a winter buttondown right? If so M if you have smaller shoulders, L if you have bigger shoulders I'd say

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  14. gettoasty

After more things arrived, I have to say again that Ervell fits TTS and if in doubt, size up.

Knits look better a little bit oversized as do jackets unless the style is already intended i.e. Ervell MA-1.

Suiting and pants can be tailored.

Police knit from TheCorner came in, excellent!

Where has mellowfellow been?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  15. dotcomzzz

For knits depends on the fit of the piece. Cardigans, yes definitely. Tho sometimes a slimmer chest looks good on a pullover if you have pecs as long as the shoulders aren't too tight and the body/sleeves have some length. And you're trim. No gut knit action.

Anyway I picked up the L icelandic from american rag. Fuck it, it's raglan, I'll see which looks better tts or +1. Either way one of them will be on b&s.

16. triton

triton Well-Known Member

My 2c on F/W 12 pocket knit sizing: I ordered two in XL (navy and 'black and grey') and the navy fits significantly bigger - p2p, arm length, longer in the body. No idea if this is the norm or I got some sort of rogue size in the black and grey.

17. gettoasty

S/S '13 is on the site, first delivery

FIRST!!

Knits are the cheapest, guess b/c all cotton. At least he prices things accordingly. Very nice!

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  18. fishbones

fishbones Well-Known Member

First drop is a little meh, but definitely will be picking up that black cotton knit baseball jacket in the coming weeks!

19. ambivalence

ambivalence Well-Known Member

Hoping that the knit baseball jacket comes in other colour..

20. Blackmaged

Blackmaged Well-Known Member

the suede varsity looks pretty good, hopefully it'll make it to deeper sales