1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

*** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread ***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sipang, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Blackmaged

Blackmaged Well-Known Member

All I want is for him to bring back the old shirting pattern :confused:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  2. John-Galt

John-Galt Well-Known Member

Ervell is notorious for late deliveries, I think Rooney is still missing a shipment from last season. Also why Working Tittle dropped the brand. OC would never drop Ervell, Humberto and Ervell went to Berkley together. I emailed the webshop for a list of stockists, most retailers are still there from last season. Can post if requested

It is disapointing to say but the brand is clearly struggling. The last summer collection was small an inveterate. His presence in Europe and Asia is fleeting.

Maybe because the jackets are cut for small asians not big boy Occulta

3. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

Yeah but his cuts have always been like that, he's also doing a lot more pre-orders than before (esp when it comes to the $ fabrics).
    I dunno man, I just miss his prints. One of the things that first got me into Ervell was his prints.

4. John-Galt

Don't bring up the ocean print please.

Some of the fabrics he uses is ridiculously expensive. A Maharam carpet is more than my laptop.

5. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

Right and that's why it makes total sense.
    Ocean print was my grail. Both shirts were too small so all I had was the sport cap, which I left somewhere in Vegas :(

6. sipang

sipang Well-Known Member

Any PE aficionado here interested in some historical Ervell item ? Found the reversible hooded coat from his seminal fw2008 collection (feels like a lifetime ago) buried in my closet, had no idea I still had it. Heavy duty soft twill in khaki/slate, horns buttons, brass hardware etc. Cost a pretty penny at the time and is basically unworn, size L I think. Not desperate to sell but I figure someone in here might be looking for that kind of thing...

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  7. leeba

leeba Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

not for me, but textiles looking solid as per prior discussion

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
  8. death shot

death shot Well-Known Member

Standard jeans this season fit really well. Might buy a backup.

If anybody has a drop shoulder jacket in black or grey in size small, let me know if you want to sell.

9. Tristian

Tristian Well-Known Member

I'm looking to pick up a pair of Standard Jeans in Navy 32 but can't seem to find them anywhere asides from the web store and a shop in Austin called "By George".

However, when I added the jeans to my cart on the "By George" web store, I was met with an egregious $100 shipping fee to Canada.

Can anyone speak to their recent PE web store experience? Seldom do I purchase things directly from a brand/designer as I fear the customs duties and fees (most shops mark down parcels for me), but I think I might have to take the risk here.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  10. Arnold Grape

Arnold Grape Well-Known Member

Are you happy with this one? I'm on the fence about the Ervs Duffle coat or just buying a Stutterheim - that tan version looks great btw :)

11. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

Probably asked before but what shoes are the ervell models always wearing? Looking like postal oxfords but better.

12. Arnold Grape

-They are the Red Wing Postman shoe with a modification made by Ervell that features some type of windowpane treatment. (If you dig up one of the interviews with Nordstrom, he talks about it there.) I was obsessed with these shoes until I figured out they are pretty much designated for runway, with not much use value in an everyday context.

1 person likes this.
  13. Coldsnap

ah, interesting. I should just pickup a pair of red wing postmans then.

14. John-Galt

Link to the interview here

15. Samir

Samir Well-Known Member

An minimally used moss field coat from F/W '13 hit $77 on Grailed so I took a chance on it. It came in today. Wow, it's impressive. All the details just seem so substantial - wool lining, impressive zipper and buttons, really comfortable outer material (almost like moleskin). The zip away hood can make the collar a little bulky for my liking so I'll probably rock it with it unzipped but that's my only complaint.

It reminded me that I need to get around to selling the F/W '13 navy collegiate jacket in M that unfortunately is a size too big for me. Just another quality item. Patrik makes (made?) some damn good clothes. Handling all this stuff today makes me wish I had a time machine to go back and splurge on his collections a few years ago (with a pit stop at 2012 for Baron Wells too - RIP).

16. Coldsnap

Sick, I was eyeing that. Good buy.

17. msg

msg Well-Known Member

Ervell has no value anymore on the secondary market. Lots of great stuff for cheap now

18. jajordan378

jajordan378 Well-Known Member

Why is that
    Why is that?

Also is there a promo for his site at all?

19. nf one

nf one Well-Known Member

Anyone have experience with sizing of sweaters this past season?

20. Arnold Grape

The measurements for the sweaters make them appear fairly cropped compared with prior seasons that I am familiar with - sum good deals on shirt{ing} and other things on the PE site rn. If anyone is curious, the Workshirts are fairly relaxed compared to other Ervell shirts that I own, which is nice. I picked up the Heather Gray Cotton Flannel (which is different in texture than it is represented on the site.) The cut is longer in length and slightly looser all around than other PE shirts in my closet. It is also probably the softest shirt that I own. I also just bought the Standard Buttondown in denim with the club collar which appears to have similar measurements, but it has not arrived yet.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017