1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

*** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread ***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sipang, Feb 12, 2011.

1. S3E5P

S3E5P Active Member

Yeah, same. I have the Fall15 puffy nylon bomber and that collar is not quite right. This season's fit seems to be 150% better.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
  2. echopeople

echopeople New Member

Good looking out. Rain duffle just arrived. I ordered a small and the sleeves are a little long for me (rolled up a little in photo), but overall is true to size.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. John-Galt

John-Galt Well-Known Member

Anyone have success ordering off the Beta Ervell website? Ostensibly a lot of outwear is still available.

4. thomaspaine

thomaspaine Well-Known Member

How's the breathability on all these polyurethane and nylon garms? The texture and drape are kind of cool but from a practical standpoint they seem kind of unwearable. I had a bonded polyurethane jacket back in the day and it trapped heat and moisture like a garbage bag.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  5. S3E5P

S3E5P Active Member

I emailed them about this last week and this was the response:

"Please note that you are using an outdated beta version of our site. None of what you are seeing is current or our actual site. Please do not use any url that has the "beta" prefix. Here is the link to our actual site: https://patrikervell.com/"

6. S3E5P

S3E5P Active Member

I have a rain duffle in the polyurethane from FW15 and I have the nylon drop shoulder from SS16. Both jackets have a vented yoke with a silk mesh half lining. They aren't super warm, but they do a great job of staying vented and both are super wearable in my opinion.

1 person likes this.
  7. John-Galt

I think this article best explains it. The mesh lining is Maharam's "Join" textile which is ordinary used on windows.

2 people like this.
  8. S3E5P

S3E5P Active Member

Has anyone in NYC done the in-studio shopping by appointment? I'll be in the city next week and want to try and swing through.

9. S3E5P

S3E5P Active Member

30% off entire site - code: membersonly30

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  10. sweetjesus

sweetjesus Well-Known Member

Still no sign of that $900 Patrikervell.com owes me. Bunch of amateurs...

11. msg

msg Well-Known Member

12. sweetjesus

Didn't work, too much time has passed. Trying to make some bad press right now, who knows it'll pressure these conscienceless crooks into something. Sorry to sound snarky, but it is a lot of money after all. If anyone has any other ideas, I'd be glad to hear it. I commented they owed me $900 on two of their IG pics and the comments were gone 5 minutes later. Either it was a spam filter, but probably already deleted. Does anyone think blogs would cover something like this? Maybe I'm naive but I'd be happy to warn other users.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  13. msg

msg Well-Known Member

Keep emailing. Can you call?

14. sweetjesus

Thanks, I am emailing. Calling is really expensive as I live in Europe but maybe I'll try a cheap plan somewhere.

15. msg

msg Well-Known Member

Shitty situation for sure. But the cost of calling even from Europe must be less than $900

1 person likes this.
  16. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

Download Skype, buy $10 of credit and call them. It's like $0.06/min for me to call my parents in Australia (I'm in the US).
    Ervell webstore has a history of shitty CS experiences but I honestly think it's just bad organisation and a revolving door of interns rather than any malicious intent. Call and ask if you can speak to Ervell himself and you'll probably get it worked out in a day.

1 person likes this.
  17. sweetjesus

Thanks, you might be right but it's harder and harder to keep thinking that if you have all the information. This is from an order placed in Sept. 2015 by the way, two items they literally forgot about and a third one I tried on for 1 minute and then asked to return. When they finally agreed to refund the first two items they forgot about the one I returned...

18. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

Yeah like msg said it's definitely a horrible experience and something that shouldn't happen. But I don't think going to blogs and spamming their IG is going to get you anywhere. Their IG is probably run by the same interns, with a new one taking over every few months with little to no monitoring by Ervell himself.

19. John-Galt

Recently spoke to the owner of one of Ervell's stockists and they mentioned the brand may be going through financial difficulties. Had a problem with the fabric on a jacket and the owner reached out to Ervell personally without a response.

Still inexcusable that they haven't refunded you in full.

20. b19pen15

b19pen15 Well-Known Member

I just checked their IG and realized I never saw F/W 16, and I don't think it was ever posted here? Here it is.