1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

*** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread ***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sipang, Feb 12, 2011.

1. sholom

sholom Well-Known Member

true but i think that both the corners and matches buys have been consistently bad. East dane by far has the biggest selection and some stuff there has actually sold out at full price or at 30% off. The corner buys 5 pieces and it doesn't sell well because it doesn't really fit aesthetically with most of the stuff they sell and when you buy a few pieces it doesn't really look like a cohesive collection. Though its really hard to know whats going on without really researching though barneys dropped them a while ago even though they were one of the first stores to carry them. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

2. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong, I wish it weren't the case, and with a corrected, functioning webstore and customer service aspect a lot of the issues would probably be irrelevant.
    Hopefully they can find somebody reliable to care of that stuff on a full time basis.

3. OccultaVexillum

On to some good news, I just got my Jade pocket sweater from the webstore and it's awesome, it's more of a forest/hunter green irl. I ordered an XL like usual and it's perfectly slouchy and a little oversized. Definitely bigger and longer than any of my numerous other pocket sweaters, it's making me wonder if maybe the shirting from this season would actually fit me. Did anybody buy any of the button collars (esp, the white poplin) and notice if they fit bigger? Also the alpaca is beautiful, seems more hairy and substantial then previous seasons (could just be the different colour and bigger sizign.

Again, I love Ervell, but webstore service doesn't match the quality of his gear.

4. death shot

death shot Well-Known Member

^^ This

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  5. 45bur

45bur Well-Known Member

Anyone know what material the upcoming S/S aviator is made of? I really want the rubberized cotton version from last spring but I can't find it anywhere.

6. msg

msg Well-Known Member

Ervell is a small business, it's a constant struggle to keep costs low. Understandably, they're trying to keep their people costs low - and for most companies across every industry it's people who are expensive.

I've never had issues with the webstore, although not surprised others have - some inefficiency should be expected given the size of Ervell's operation, it's how they deal with problems that's more telling/concerning.

I just hope people don't treat the Ervell webstore like the ToJ thread or the Inverallen MTO.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  7. msg

msg Well-Known Member

What doesn't function about the website? Customer service seems seperable.

8. Avani

Avani Member

tbh.

i bought the navy dark parka this season

http://www.notre-shop.com/collections/sale/products/patrik-ervell-bonded-cotton-parka-in-navy
    (btw notre has an unreal sale right now. didnt even get this coat anywhere near this price, wat a steal)
    (side note the coat is absoluley huge fit wise)

anyways

the coat says its bonded cotton (i had read somewhere that it was also slightly water repleant)

so i wore this coat in the rain got it pretty wet and it was absoluley covered in white water marks.
    it seems like they come out just rubbing them with water

kinda disappointed in this aspect as i noe i no longer can wear this coat in any rain lol.

but on a side note what should i do.
    will a dry clean take these out
    or should i just throw it in a really quick wash

and tumble dry on supper low heat so the water marks wont reappear?

cheers crew

9. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Well-Known Member

Late reply but - I bought a couple of shirts this season. Slightly more room in the bicep from previous but still quite slim.

10. tkalk

tkalk New Member

Avani, I also got the parka and had the same problem. Pretty annoying, as what's the point in a parka you can't wear in the rain? I took it to the dry cleaner and they looked sceptical, but the white marks basically all came out. I guess I'll just have to never wear it in the rain. BTW I'm no expert but I would avoid tumble drying, unless it says you can on the tag?? Also, didn't find it fit that big, I got xs and I generally wear between S and XS..

1 person likes this.
  11. msg

msg Well-Known Member

Wtf is a relaunch?

12. Ken P

Ken P Well-Known Member

??? What is this referring to?

Also anyone know when Ervell is showing F/W 15?

13. Grock

Grock Member

Patrik Ervell's F/W 15 show is on Monday, February 16 at 6:00PM at Milk Studios.

1 person likes this.
  14. Grock

Grock Member

By the way... extra 10% on sale items on the PE webstore with the code "Final10"

2 people like this.
  15. OccultaVexillum

[​IMG]

Weatherproof without obscuring your jawnz. Maybe you dudes can buy this and wear it over the parka?

6 people like this.
  16. notwithit

notwithit Well-Known Member

Anybody have experience with the raglan overcoat from this F / W? Suitable for layering over an unstructured blazer? (Not specifically an Ervell unstructured blazer; those things never fit me right.)

17. TheObserver

TheObserver Well-Known Member

I handled it, there is enough room for blazer. I dont like its form though, kind of shapeless?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
  18. notwithit

notwithit Well-Known Member

Good to hear. I ended up picking it up. I'm good with shapeless in this case.

19. notdesigned

notdesigned Well-Known Member

Anyone know where I can find this in a size L?

[​IMG]

20. yesssir

yesssir Well-Known Member

Anyone notice how they removed all of the pocket sweaters today on the Ervell Website?