1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

*** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread ***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sipang, Feb 12, 2011.

1. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

Does anyboy know if the white formal buttondown (hidden placket) is really sold out? I Emailed the webshop 2-3 weeks ago with a few questions and didn't hear back.

Or alternatively, has anybody seen it in an XL anywhere? I can only find it at working title in Medium.

2. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Well-Known Member

How's the Ervell Fleece jacket in boiled wool? Worth the price tag?

If the quality is good, how's the sizing? Measurements make it seem like it runs small? Size up 1 or 2?

3. Ken P

Ken P Well-Known Member

4. superego

superego Well-Known Member

wut? mine in turquoise from fw13 started out fitted and did stretch a bit, but nothing approaching saggy elbows. are you sitting with your arms bent a lot or did you size up? it's def a weightier knit, but surprised to hear that

Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
  5. triton

triton Well-Known Member

Final reductions at the Ervell webstore

6. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

I had a FW13 purple pocket knit in medium that fit quite slim. Is that any indication I need a large for this season?

7. Blackmaged

Blackmaged Well-Known Member

ugh guess I was too slow...

anyone here grab the navy patterned formal pants in 30? let me know if it doesn't work out for you :)

8. superego

superego Well-Known Member

think the word was that they fit larger this season (ie, you'd want a small depending on how slim the medium fit last year)

9. gettoasty

No, then I would stay with medium. I plan on wearing it as sweater, no shirt underneath. Maybe a tee

10. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

Do the standard button downs not go on sale?
    I still have $160 store credit. Debating whether to go the navy raglan coat or just get a couple of the white poplin button downs since the measurement indicate the XL is actually a pretty true XL.

11. patagonianwild

patagonianwild Well-Known Member

HI! I go the jaquard blazer a bit back in a sz 40 which fit me perfectly. Wondering whether to get an unstructured blazer from this season now. Any sizing differences from my last purchase i should beware of, or item-specific things i might wanna be aware of before purchasing? Thanks lots for any answer

12. zzzzap

zzzzap Well-Known Member

13. Avani

Avani Member

14. elisiX

elisiX Well-Known Member

Yeah I haven't bought the parka (yet?) but figured if I do, I'd buy a small. I wear an M in the Field Coat and L in the shirts (as they're too skinny for me).

I'm just trying to decide quickly between the Parka and Navy Bonded Field Coat. Though the above info on the Parka not being quite so warm is a good thing. In Australia I have no need for something particularly heavy and warm.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
  15. ChefShimi

ChefShimi Member

Did anybody try the lined work pants? If so, how'd you find the fit, material, etc.

16. msg

msg Well-Known Member

Considering the charcoal standard pants in heathered charcoal or the formal pant in charcoal (with wool membrane? wtf).

Anyone pick either of those up? Trying to get a sense of what the differences will be, other than fabric/color. Website photos aren't that helpful.

17. gettoasty

Any other comments on the pocket sweaters? Measurements pretty accurate?

18. elisiX

elisiX Well-Known Member

I think it's safe to say the pocket sweater is tts this time around.

19. patagonianwild

patagonianwild Well-Known Member

I ordered the navy/cotton unstructured blazer... Hope it works out :)

20. Feji

Feji Well-Known Member

I think that's a typo and its the wool w/ poly coated membrane or whatever it is. I have the jogging pants in that fabric, and it reminds me of track pants the way it swishes (from the treated side) when I walk. Have yet to try the water repellence of it, but it looks like the wool will absorb some liquids while the poly membrane will actually keep it from totally soaking through and getting you wet. If the wool does take in some water, I may just coat it with some water repellant and use them when it snows.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2014