1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Official NFL Thread: 2012-13 Season

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by jrd617, Aug 11, 2012.

1. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Well-Known Member

Rams are looking good today, especially on defense. If the NFL were the WWE, the commissioner would intervene to put them in the playoffs.

2. fwiffo

fwiffo Well-Known Member

They're up 38-3. I don't think Brady Quinn is going to lead a comeback.

3. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

Wow. That pass and catch from ponder to jenkins was amazing.

4. munchausen

munchausen Well-Known Member

Peterson is knocking on the door of Eric Dickerson's record. Probably not going to make it but he's already pretty close.

5. in stitches

Lets see what happens when they get the ball back.

6. Steve B.

Steve B. Well-Known Member

7. fwiffo

fwiffo Well-Known Member

Where's the defence in this Packers-Vikings game?

8. munchausen

Yeah it's actually a pretty good time for it, seeing as the Vikings need to run some clock

EDIT: actually, I thought there was 4 minutes left but there's only 3. That changes things a bit.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
  9. ter1413

ter1413 Well-Known Member

-1. Vikings need to score.

10. munchausen

Yeah I realize that. I was thinking there was 4 minutes left and they needed to take some time off the clock and get into fg range, which would mean running the ball. But at 3 minutes they won't be running as much.

11. in stitches

Well, plenty of running. 9 yards short. :(

12. munchausen

Oh well, I'm guessing he wanted a win more than the record.

13. AR_Six

AR_Six Well-Known Member

I'm guessing the record would have mattered more than the honour of getting the crap kicked out of them in GB next week.

1 person likes this.
  14. soxpats

soxpats Well-Known Member

Patriots move up to 2nd seed in AFC. Thanks Colts. This works out perfectly for the Patriots. 1 week off to rest a bunch of banged up players then a home game. Hope it comes down to Broncos/Patrioys for AFC Championship game.

15. soxpats

Adrian P should get MVP and comeback player of the year. Wow, what a season!

16. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Well-Known Member

meh... the 3 seed might have the easier path... plus 1st round bye in the playoffs is often a bad thing.

17. in stitches

The bye does make me nervous.

18. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Well-Known Member

the first round bye is a lot of the times bad for teams that are offensive oriented. last year's Packers are a prime example.... and well the pats and broncos as well this year.

19. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

i do respect the Patriots tremendously, but as a Patriots detractor i would like it very much if they actually played in a real NFL division with real NFL teams as direct comp

20. soxpats

They play the schedule each year just like every other team in the NFL. The Patriots have done something for 10-11 years now that no one else has been able to do. That's play at a constant high level, for 10-11 years. During that time sometimes the AFC has been better and sometimes the NFC has had better teams. What they have done is remarkable and might never be done again in the NFL. With salary caps, coaching changes, players moving around due to free agency etc etc. Amazing run that anyone that follows the NFL would agree is remarkable. Houston, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Denver and San Diego for the most part have been pretty good over the last few years so I think they have payed decent teams. NFC has good teams and shitty teams as well. Give credit where credit is due. Enjoy the play-offs, I know I will regardless of who gets to the SB. Its an honor to watch this team week in and week out. I could have been raised a jet/Bucs/Panthers fan and been miserable.

1 person likes this.