1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by driveslowk, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Xericx

Xericx Well-Known Member

hit up Aframe for lunch yesterday. got some fish tacos which were awesome. they used cotija cheese and the fish was fried in a tempura batter....awesome stuff.

[​IMG]

2. pinoy

pinoy Well-Known Member

spice table in little tokyo is insanely good. bone marrow, pig tail, chopped liver, laksa, chicken wings all fantastic

3. poly800rock

poly800rock Well-Known Member

spice table in little tokyo is insanely good. bone marrow, pig tail, chopped liver, laksa, chicken wings all fantastic

i went a few months ago, really enjoyed it.

4. dizzhizz

dizzhizz Well-Known Member

definitely good to hear that since my homie works there!

5. eglbc

eglbc Well-Known Member

Has anyone stayed at the Roosevelt(wouldnt be first choice but getting a good rate)? How is it?

First trip back to la since moving in march, any new food spots i must hit ?
    Cant fuckin wait for a joe jost mission.

6. driveslowk

driveslowk Well-Known Member

Jet is there all the time you can ask him.

Son of a Gun is good.

7. CityHunter

CityHunter Well-Known Member

I know it isn't in LA...but anybody hit up Bruxie in Old Town Orange yet? If you get past the hordes of Asians with DSLRs, it is pretty good!
    And they have a new gastropub down the street called Haven...the burger looked pretty amazing. Opted for the goat curry instead. So if you guys are ever in OC...

8. jet

jet Well-Known Member

There's some burger joint in oc that's supposed to be good too forgot the name. Will find out and check it.

9. whodini

whodini Well-Known Member

Slater's 50/50?

I think pg2g said it was ok but not really worth it. Couldn't really taste the bacon in the patty or justify the long wait.

10. jet

jet Well-Known Member

^that's the one, not surprised and a trip saved

11. driveslowk

I hated Bruxie when I went, don't understand why everyone is going nuts over it.

12. UserName84

UserName84 Well-Known Member

Ive gone a few times since its down the street and its always packed. I like the milkshake more than the sandwhiches :confused:

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  13. CityHunter

I went again yesterday and got the Wild mushroom/goat cheese/arugala/basalmic reduction (which is what I got last time, because they didn't have the pulled-pork, which was recommended to me). I thought it was still pretty good...something about the waffle maybe? On the other hand my friends all got the fried chicken/maple syrup one which they were not too pleased with. Meh.

14. driveslowk

I had three different ones, bruxie burger, a breakfast one and something else. We left pretty unsatisfied but who knows some of the other ones might be better.

15. eglbc

eglbc Well-Known Member

Been to sun of a gun, really liked their foods. Havens burger is a gutbomb destroyer, but its pretty good. A bit too heavy but worth a try.
    Decided to focus of foods portland isnt doing the best at- tacos, tacos, tacos, tacos, tacos, sushi and good burgers.

16. whodini

whodini Well-Known Member

If that's the case, I'm convinced between Ricky's and Cacao you've got your taco bases covered. Maybe add Chichen Itza, too.

17. aizan

aizan Well-Known Member

burger parlor?

18. CityHunter

So my brother has been in Japan for 3 years and is back to visit and I want to take him out for dinner. He has requested a good burger - based on what I've read so far (and because I haven't been to either) I've narrowed it to Rustic Canyon & Comme Ca. Any recs?

19. m03

m03 Member

Umami Burger: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=umami...0.018435,0.033023&fb=1&gl=us&t=h&z=16&iwloc=B

Specifically, their Truffle Burger.

20. jet

jet Well-Known Member

rc no question the burger is edible art

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011