1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by driveslowk, Apr 2, 2010.

1. justridiculous

justridiculous Well-Known Member

I finally tried out Republique on Sunday. I had the dry-aged burger and the caramelized white chocolate sabayon. I really enjoyed my lunch (as did my wife), and will definitely be back. The line was insane though, but it was Sunday afternoon, so understandable.

1 person likes this.
  2. Roycru

Roycru Well-Known Member

Needed new heels for a pair of shoes with Danite heels and soles.

One of the few (maybe the only) place around here that has Danite heels is Willie's Shoe Service, 1174 South La Brea Avenue, Los Angeles 90019.

Picked up the shoes today.

[​IMG]

Close Up of the new Dainite heels.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  3. jlchau

jlchau Well-Known Member

What was the damage? I plan on going there to get a pair of my dainite boots reheeled as well.

4. Roycru

Roycru Well-Known Member

$54.00, which you pay in advance when you drop off the shoes.

It took about two weeks. The shoes were ready exactly when they said they would be ready and the sent me an email telling me they were ready.

They also offer a vast array of other services, like cleaning your shoes, restoring your shoes to like new condition, or making your shoes better than new.

They are very busy doing all sorts of custom work. There's an incredible amount of stuff to look at (like the wall of lasts from custom shoes they have made I am standing in front of) and all sorts of other shoe related stuff.

There is also a big robot in the window of Grey Goose next door to Willie's Shoe Service.

5. CityHunter

CityHunter Well-Known Member

If anyone remembers that Cajun/Creole restaurant that used to be on 3rd in the Arts District (next to Umami), it's becoming a Phillip Lim.

6. jet

jet Well-Known Member

Had the chicken and waffles at pc, I seem to be a pc ambassador these days. The chicken was fucking fantastic, waffle was soft almost bread like with hardly any syrup wtf?

7. jlchau

jlchau Well-Known Member

Which location? I've been to the SM location twice since it's walking distance from my work and they don't execute as well. They do have a nice weekday daily $6 burger at the bar deal (a different burger each day) from 11a-4p.

I enjoy the Sawtelle location much more but haven't been to the one Downtown or on Fairfax.

8. jet

jet Well-Known Member

Those are the two I go to, used to be fairfax mainly but lately downtown a lot. Haven't been to sawtelle one in years.

9. Roycru

Roycru Well-Known Member

On Thursday, went to the new Allen-Edmonds store in the Century City mall that opened earlier in the day.

[​IMG]

It's on the north side of the "remodeled" mall. All the men's stores are going to be on the north side of the mall.

There were lots of shoes and other A-E product there.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My friend who is visiting from out of town wanted to go to the IMAX-VR place at 157 South Fairfax (across from the Farmer's Market), so we went there last week. (It's the blue place.)

[​IMG]

It's an incredible value at $10.00 for approximately an hour of Virtual Reality experience.

Here's my friend about to begin her VR experience.

[​IMG]

Have no idea how this place makes enough money to stay open, since an employee is with you during your entire VR experience (as well as putting the VR gear on you and taking it off afterwards), several employees work at the check in area, and they have to pay rent and other normal business expenses.