1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by driveslowk, Apr 2, 2010.

1. 1969

1969 Well-Known Member

@foodguy announced he's leaving LAT. Best of luck in your adventures whatever they may be.

1 person likes this.
  2. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Well-Known Member

what??

3. notwithit

notwithit Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Perhaps it's gauche to ask here, but is anyone going to the Salt Optics sample sale and willing to proxy a pair of Cody optical frames in matte black? Never been so I'm not sure whether they'll have them or what the selection will be like, obvs. PM me if available, por favor.

4. badsha

badsha Well-Known Member

Anyone from LA gone in the past? Worth going?

5. jlchau

jlchau Well-Known Member

It's a good sale. I picked up two pairs last time. They don't have all the makes and the room is really small so you might have to wait a while to get in. They will restock the tables as stuff gets sold.

6. badsha

badsha Well-Known Member

Thanks. Do you remember what prices were like? Hopefully they will have sunglasses.

7. jlchau

jlchau Well-Known Member

$60 or $65 a pair. They had A LOT of sunglasses.

8. badsha

badsha Well-Known Member

Damn it. Stupid temptation. Worst timing too. Probably have to get there a bit earlier to beat lines.

9. notwithit

notwithit Well-Known Member

If you end up going, I'd be all kinds of grateful if you'd proxy a pair of Cody optical frames in matte black (or relatively dark color, really). As per my offer in the sales thread, in addition to paying proxy fees I'll also send you a bag of locally roasted coffee as a thank-you.

10. badsha

badsha Well-Known Member

PM sent.

11. brooks23

brooks23 Well-Known Member

Argh. I wish it weren't in Costa Mesa! Why can't it be 5 minutes from my house or office like all the other sample sales I go to?!

12. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Well-Known Member

Lol i work in costa mesa... still didn't go. Don't need to be spending more money

13. YoungAmerican

YoungAmerican Well-Known Member

We're having a Put This On holiday sale on Saturday. Discounts on everything. Vintage clothes, vintage gifts, pocket squares, scarves, and some miscellany. 10-4 at our office in the American Cement Building on MacArthur Park. I will be wearing a jumpsuit.

14. doctorman

doctorman Well-Known Member

can someone share about his/her experience with the tanner goods pop-up sale at the ACE hotel?

15. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Well-Known Member

Had dinner at Restaurant at Mr. C the other night. Friend's assistant made the recommendation… I hate it when they do that. :plain:

I mean it was good and very enjoyable, but there is a certain vibe and clientele in LA that seem to enjoy traveling back in time in conjunction with dining out. Nostalgia can be cool… eating in an Italian restaurant as if it's 1987 (I'm imagining what that would be like), not so much.

I had suggested Hinoki & the Bird, Providence, Crustacean, Republique and Fundamental in that general part of town. I was like … well fuck.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
  16. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Well-Known Member

This place is a block from my office. Really enjoy it for lunch. Good food, tasty real and non-alc cocktails, cool space.

17. Roycru

Roycru Well-Known Member

We had lunch at Ocean Prime in Beverly Hills today. I had chicken with ratatouille (which is what I always have there) and my friend had one of today's lunch specials, fettuccine pesto shrimp. After I took this picture, one of my friend's friends joined us and she had the chop chop salad. We all had champagne.

I never use the valet parking. My friend's friend did, and she found out that it costs $10.00 (with validation).

http://www.ocean-prime.com/locations/beverly-hills

[​IMG]

Since this is the Los Angeles Shopping + Dining thread, my function when shopping is, like Santa Claus, to carry the bag(s).

[​IMG]

(Yes, you recognized it, that's Neiman Marcus, which I call "Needless Markup".)

1 person likes this.
  18. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Well-Known Member

how you manage to spend time in BH and not use valet is beyond me...

19. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Well-Known Member

Parking's actually pretty easy in Beverly Hills if you're willing to walk more than a block. There are multiple small public lots. The main shopping/dining streets have lots of metered spots. Those get pretty crowded, but the turnover is pretty high. And while the residential areas surrounding the main shopping/dining streets mostly zone parking, folks without stickers are generally permitted for two hours or so.

2 people like this.
  20. Faster

Faster Well-Known Member

there's plenty of parking

1 person likes this.