1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by driveslowk, Apr 2, 2010.

1. doctorman

doctorman Well-Known Member

Just went there. It was a colossal waste of my time. The men's selection was quite thin as mentioned. There were a lot of pants but most items were ugly as sin.

The warehouse needed more lighting and better organization. It just makes shopping even more impossible.

2. jlchau

jlchau Well-Known Member

Did you grab the black oil tan roughout scout boots? I was lucky to get a pair of snuff kudu.

3. brooks23

brooks23 Well-Known Member

Ugh, so jealous. I didn't even see the kudu ones. What size did you get?

4. jlchau

jlchau Well-Known Member

Size 8. I got in line around 10:30. Only thing I got were Vibergs as well. Went looking for EG but only saw maybe one or two things and a needles jacket.

5. brooks23

brooks23 Well-Known Member

Argh. I'd have gone so much earlier if I knew there was a chance of getting in earlier than 11am. I was just chilling with my Yeastie Boys breakfast 2 blocks away.

6. masaccio

masaccio Well-Known Member

So glad I did not attempt to go with my three kids in between AYSO games!

7. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Well-Known Member

How did you guys find out about the sale? I used to go to the OBEY sale before it got all bullshit crazy 3-4 hour wait times.

8. jlchau

jlchau Well-Known Member

Saw it on their Instagram and was also emailed later via their mailing list.

9. doctorman

doctorman Well-Known Member

i joined their mailing list when i visited their store. i did so reluctantly but the sales rep promised that they'd only email me about big sales. so far so good. no junk email at all. too bad the sample sale was a shit show.

10. FlyingLotus

FlyingLotus Well-Known Member

Where is a cool place to bring a date for drinks, that isn't standing room packed? Somewhere comfy would be nice

11. ShootThePier

ShootThePier Well-Known Member

Far Bar
    Hotel Fig, out by the pool.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  12. Baron

Baron Well-Known Member

Hotel Fig is cool. I also like the bar at Cliff's Edge in Silver Lake.

13. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Well-Known Member

Fig is cool… Cliff's Edge as well. I think it depends on the vibe you're going for and the budget. La Boheme, the Wellesbourne, Bar Chloe??

Last night I went to Rosenthal Winery in Malibu for a tasting and picnic. The wine is average at best, but you can bring your own picnic, sit outside, take the underpass walkway over to the beach right near Topanga and watch the sunset and come back and drink more wine. There is live jazz on the weekends, but it looks like the type of place that would not be as enjoyable once packed. It was a quiet ghost town yesterday late afternoon and it was fantastic.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  14. ShootThePier

Rosenthal gets crowded on the weekends, and a shit show.

15. Kid Nickels

Do you mean it becomes a shit show because it's crowded, or is the live jazz on the weekends a shitty show? Or both perhaps!

16. ShootThePier

Shit show because people are getting pass out drunk. This was on weekend afternoons.

17. Kid Nickels

:happy: Understood completely. I was sitting there on Thursday afternoon almost seeing the ghosts of drunken souls lingering about thinking … " jeezus I'm glad we didn't come here on the weekend, this place looks like it would be a drunken shit show! " LOL

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  18. FlyingLotus

FlyingLotus Well-Known Member

Anyone been to Misfit in Santa Monica? Any good?

19. Kid Nickels

Oh mos def man… that's a go-to place for good happy hour deals, great food and grab as many of those free goddamn sea salt and chocolate chip cookies as you can on the way out the door! Yeah, love that place. :nodding:

Kevin is a fantastic server there… extremely nice guy.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
  20. Roycru

Roycru Well-Known Member

One of my friend's friends told her that the ribbon belts at Uniqlo were reduced from $12.90 to $5.90, so we decided to go to Uniqlo in the Beverly Center, stopping at Joan's On Third for lunch first.

We almost always go to Joan's On Third when we are in the area, and I usually have a Maple Roasted Chicken Sandwich and my friend usually has a Bacon Lettuce Tomato Sandwich. We had our usuals again today.......

[​IMG]

......after lunch, my friend bought a sugar molasses cookie at Joan's On Third for me to eat as we walked to the Beverly Center. (She also kept pulling up on my pocket square, which is why it looks the way it does)......

[​IMG]

.....when we got to Uniqlo, we found that the ribbon belts had been further reduced from $5.90 to $1.90 (because they were "last season").

This is the ribbon belt that I bought at Uniqlo for $1.90. The ribbon belts are in the men's department.

[​IMG]

4 people like this.